Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scythe on Slark

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Scythe on Slark 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 8, 2015 8:19am | Report
Refresher Orb is just strictly better on Slark as a 6th item than practically anything else, because it gives you double ulti, double abyssal, double part pact (Which is relevent sometimes despite the cooldown), and double BKB since you probably have to make that.

You get so much value from it because of your passives that it's really hard to turn down.

I also think BKB + Linken's being built by a single hero is usually really underwhelming because it's going too defensive. Far far too defensive. You spend 9k gold on staying alive, but you don't bring any damage, and barely any utility for your money.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 8, 2015 8:19am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Isn't the usual 6-slotted Slark something along the lines of

Boots of Travel + Silver Edge/ Blink Dagger + Black King Bar + Abyssal Blade + Eye of Skadi + Monkey King Bar?

Where does all these Linken's Spheres come from? Is this a build that I've missed?

Also, which item in the above list would Scythe of Vyse replace?

all the linkens comes from xyrus's comment, its just very situational as it is on any hero and has nothing to do with hex.

when looking at how viable hex is you have to compare it with abyssal. obviously hex is almost useless besides the active, while abyssal gives damage and a bkb piercing disable, but its shorter and has less range. so besides a very specific situation where you need a hex even over abyssal i dont see the need.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 8, 2015 7:34pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Refresher Orb is just strictly better on Slark as a 6th item than practically anything else, because it gives you double ulti, double abyssal, double part pact (Which is relevent sometimes despite the cooldown), and double BKB since you probably have to make that.

You get so much value from it because of your passives that it's really hard to turn down.

I also think BKB + Linken's being built by a single hero is usually really underwhelming because it's going too defensive. Far far too defensive. You spend 9k gold on staying alive, but you don't bring any damage, and barely any utility for your money.

I agree on so many levels. Everything.

TheSofa wrote:

Isn't the usual 6-slotted Slark something along the lines of

Boots of Travel + Silver Edge/ Blink Dagger + Black King Bar + Abyssal Blade + Eye of Skadi + Monkey King Bar?

Where does all these Linken's Spheres come from? Is this a build that I've missed?

Also, which item in the above list would Scythe of Vyse replace?

I actually think Shadow Blade and Blink Dagger is pretty over-rated on Slarks. Sure the utility is good for initiation but in all honestly it's like buying a Blink Dagger or Shadow Blade on PA. You just shouldn't do it. Slark already has two great tools for initiation and escape, not counting the tricky stuff you can get out of with Dark Pact. Yeah, yeah, I know that the pros build Blink on him. But anyway, I think Scythe would replace this slot.

According to Xyrus's build. I would take the Vyse in place of Linken's Sphere nearly every time, because he said it is for not getting locked down. Pretty hard to get locked down with Dark Pact. Scythe can just hex the biggest stunner, (if they have more than one stunner, you still have that BKB).

Slark is actually my top played hero at 40 games out of my 900 something games played, so I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about him. This is all my opinion anyway, so depending on how you play Slark you might meet some different struggles, and hence, need a different build.

I'm actually thinking of starting up a Slark guide so keep an eye out in the upcoming month or so for more opinions and builds in that.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 8, 2015 8:37pm | Report
Re of thumb on slark:
Will this item allow me to weave in and out of fights, let me survive the pain doled out in those 12 seconds and lets me be slippery for stacking essence shift??

Yes? Go for it
No? Don't go for it
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved