Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Razor how to starve the lightning ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Razor how to starve the lightning ? 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 27, 2014 9:48pm | Report
Half of you didn't even read what Smuggles said.

Quoted:
IMO, Skywrath Mage is really good to go against Razor. Skywrath has really high MS (325 base) and a really long range slow Concussive Shot so if Razor ever tries to static link you without assistance, begin to run away as you cast it. You also out-harass Razor and might force him to go for the Plasma field build instead of Static Link to deal with you.

No. unstable current is just going to rape you inside out.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 27, 2014 11:53pm | Report
i played against my mate who has a 4.5k mmr as razor and razor is his like ..."Signature" hero.

i tried skywrath and unless i used smoke at night his slow just wrecked me since he could just run away. plus if he ever went on me with no stuns any attack i used slowed me more then him.

next 2 games i went bane.

bit better but still even with both core builds (nightmare-brainsap) (enfeeble-brainsap)

only enfeeble seemed to help the most with one point in night mare. still lost though because he became so tanky.

i then tried someone who i didnt think would work but ....

Pheonix

icarus dive gets you out of it while slowing him if he is close and since you cant be slowed in dive his slow only affects you for a second or two.

fire spirits harass him out of lane more then anything he can do since it stops his L/S and does significant damage.

sun beam is pure damage so the more tank he builds the more damage he takes. plus with my ulti he doesnt have the a/s to deal with it and even though he is 2k mmr above me .... he got wrecked and since i dont rely on right clicks his static link couldnt work.

basically i zoned him out survived what he could do and killed him twice.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 27, 2014 11:57pm | Report
Heavy slows are generally the best way to counter Razor, or in general abilities that prevent movement.
Venomancer, Drow Ranger, Bloodseeker, Meepo, Naga Siren, Bane, etc. Anything that can lock him in place not only makes Static Link useless (Razor needs to chase around with his link, and a Razor without link damage is nothing), but it also removes Razor's only escape, high movement speed.
Eye of Skadi on a ranged hero is awesome against him, a pity you can only afford one in the late game though.

If I had to pick a solo mid against him I'd take Drow Ranger. The slow breaks link easily without triggering unstable current, and you can just kite him around.
Queen of Pain is really good too, she can dodge both Static Link AND Plasma Field by just blinking away.

Earth Spirit deserves a mention also because he screws up link completely. Just Geomagnetic Grip any ally who gets linked.

Force Staffing teammates out of link always worked for me. Screw up the link, you screw up Razor.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved