Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Razor how to starve the lightning ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Razor how to starve the lightning ? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 25, 2014 6:39pm | Report
Lads (and ladies)

Razor

who are his counters?

in a one v 1 situation what does Razor fear?

in a draft who is the best counter to him?

or should you just pick the mid you want then rely on ganks every other minute to shut him down?

when i vs him in 1v1 solo mid i have tried zues viper ember storm earth spirit puck doom bane nothing seems to kill him.

in a draft i usually just make sure i get ganks on him early game (i.e. level 1-3-5) and just scare him out of lane but it leaves my supports either xp starved or my lanes weak..

any help?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 25, 2014 7:11pm | Report
I think anyone who can break the static link will.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » August 25, 2014 7:30pm | Report
The thing about Razor is he is a lane winner, it is ver hard to beat him in lane like viper or OD. So my recomendation is beat him out side of the laning stage, make your gankes more efficent, make your pushes faster, but the #1 thing you can't do is beat him 1v1 unless you out skill him, because almost nothing breaks link.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 25, 2014 9:41pm | Report
QoP is probably the best thing against him. Blink breakes the link, and Shadow Strike keeps him away.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » August 26, 2014 1:11am | Report
You probably want to avoid a 1v1 situation, during laning you need to focus on farming and ask for ganks. Try to stay out or at least at the edge of Razor's static link so you can easily break out of it. If he continues to chase you, he'll lose out on a bit of CS and the CD on static link is pretty long so abuse Razor during this time. Razor is very vulnerable to early nukes and IMO pretty weak against pushes so you probably want to draft specifically for him.

If you know you're going to fight against a Razor, really avoid melee heroes or you're just going to be standing there for EXP depending on how aggressive the Razor is going to be. If you are going to get a melee hero however, make sure you pick a hero that only need levels to be effective and can farm at a distance like Clockwerk or Beastmaster.

IMO, Skywrath Mage is really good to go against Razor. Skywrath has really high MS (325 base) and a really long range slow Concussive Shot so if Razor ever tries to static link you without assistance, begin to run away as you cast it. You also out-harass Razor and might force him to go for the Plasma field build instead of Static Link to deal with you.

Centaur Warrunner is also a really good counter to Razor, make sure he watches out for static link and whenever it's used, CW can just ult and get the linked player out of range. CW also has good burst damage and that's really needed against Razor.

Venomancer is good too if you save venomous gale for Razor, force him to pop BKB. If Razor doesn't have BKB or it's on CD, follow up with your ult and Razor's good as dead. Lina is a good partner to have against Razor if you do pick Veno, really forces Razor to be extra careful about running up to maintain link. Also forces Razor to rush BKB instead of Aghs and sometimes even mek.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 26, 2014 1:24am | Report
so in summary.

Push/Deathball Strat's
Burst
DoT
and non farm reliant heroes.

hmmm thanks guys :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Illumination0110 » August 26, 2014 3:28am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

so in summary.

Push/Deathball Strat's
Burst
DoT
and non farm reliant heroes.

hmmm thanks guys :D

Agree with this 100%

Illumination0110

Notable (2)
Steam: Nations.Anarchy^
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 26, 2014 3:38am | Report
Shadow Demon ans Dark Seer. The illusions are bery powerful. Also Terrorblade
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 26, 2014 4:25am | Report
Razor is kind of an all in hero. He is really good if he is ahead but also REALLY bad when behind.
So as others said gank him so he cant win his lane if he is mid.
If he is safelane then farm someone in the safelane yourself who will farm faster and win if he is ahead, but make sure he can fight back decently early, since the razor will pressure you.

For teamfights razor needs to be in close to get a good link, so heroes that are hard to fight into counter him.
A hero that really doesnt care about him and shredds him in close range is death prophet, but you will be running a specific strategy with her.
Others are earthshaker, centaur who also can disengage from the link with his ultimate.

Lycan farms faster, is better late, can disengage with wolf form, and has all his minions who's damage wont be drained.
Illusion heroes are risky, but if you manage to get your core up, naga, terrorblade and PL will destroy him.
Ursa is also risky but bursts him if you can stay ahead.

And im not sure about this because i have never seen it in practice, but clinkz might be pretty good, he has range, can escape the link, and has enormous damage to burst razor down.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 27, 2014 3:01pm | Report
Huskar can break the tank, so to speak.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved