Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Random PA Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Random PA Rework 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » March 18, 2016 7:51am | Report
So I was messing around with ideas for PA buffs and I just ended up reworking her ult into something completely different. I find Coup de Grace incredibly underwhelming as it's basically just a glorified Mortal Strike that doesn't even become as good as this until at least level 11, and since the whole hero really revolves around her ult I feel it should be better than just a plain old crit that is barely better than other standard crit abilities at levels 1 and 2.

Basically I changed her ult into an active ability that keeps true to pure burst crit damage PA had before but makes it more reliable and useful. (also doesn't get disabled by Silver Edge)

I made changes to her Q but I won't post them here now purely just so we can mess around with this change on it's own.

Now the numbers are really just placeholders and can be easily changed if they're too broken or whatever, just focus on the idea itself for now.

R: Coup De Grace removed.

Replaced with Phantom's Promise.

After a 0.5 second delay Mortred detects the lifesigns of her target, granting vision of the target (but not the area around) gaining 10% crit chance against only them for 20 seconds, for each 1% HP missing from her target, she gains an additional 1% crit chance up to a maximum of 25% bonus crit chance.
If she kills her target within the 20 seconds, the buff is prolonged for 10 more seconds, and the crit chance works on any other enemy unit for the duration.

She also gains 5% additional movement speed if moving towards her target.

Cast Range: 1200.

Crit Damage (??): 250/300/350%

(wasn't sure about how much crit damage she should have, might need tweaking, not sure)

Cooldown: 60/50/40 Manacost: 75

Essentially this makes Phantom Assassin... into an actual assassin, it gives her a pretty big crit chance but you have to note this is ONLY for her target until she kills them, so you can prevent her from getting her big damage boost. You also have to note this is a temporary buff, and it has a manacost and cooldown. Her target also needs to have lost 25% of their max HP for her to get the full bonuses.

Anyway let me know what you think, I'm pretty pleased with myself for coming up with this, but all criticism is welcome.

P.S sorry for bad formatting

-Bunkansee

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » March 18, 2016 7:57am | Report
As I told Bunkan, I likes it a lot, sounds amazing. Don't know if it's good/appropriate though, but a change would be welcomed and the idea is way better than what we have now.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 18, 2016 8:39am | Report
It would be to broken to make Phantom Strike go throug BKB? That would be a huge buff to her, at least that's how I see it.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 18, 2016 8:48am | Report
it would be imba spectre :/

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » March 18, 2016 8:51am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

It would be to broken to make Phantom Strike go throug BKB? That would be a huge buff to her, at least that's how I see it.

Well yeah, that is a good buff, but I really think her current ult is really bad, as I mentioned in the original post level 1 crit is basically worse than every other crit in the game, and level 2 is... ehh. Damage wise sure maybe it's higher, but it shouldn't take 11 levels for her crit to actually do something better than other crit abilities, that's just my opinion though.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 18, 2016 12:50pm | Report
A good way to buff PA is to make Silver Edge completely blocked by BKB...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 18, 2016 1:07pm | Report
DON'T START WITH THE GOD DAM SILVER EDGE AGAIN: WE ESTABLISHED THAT IT IS NOT BROKEN OTHERWISE EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT. AND YOU ARE FILLING EVERY THREAD WITH THIS SO STFU WITH THIS GOD DAMM ITEM I WANT FILL THIS THREAD WITH US WHINING ABOUT PA AND TELLING BUNKAN HOW GREAT HE IS: SO STFU.
Ahem.
So I like the basic concept of this but it is necessary that if she does a finishing blow on an enemy under the effect of the ult she will perform the Coup de Grace animation (because that's what the name literally means). Would the ult be purgable?
A stupid idea that no one will like: Pa can use her skills (and her items?) on the target affected by her ult even if it is magic immune.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » March 18, 2016 1:45pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

DON'T START WITH THE GOD DAM SILVER EDGE AGAIN: WE ESTABLISHED THAT IT IS NOT BROKEN OTHERWISE EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT. AND YOU ARE FILLING EVERY THREAD WITH THIS SO STFU WITH THIS GOD DAMM ITEM I WANT FILL THIS THREAD WITH US WHINING ABOUT PA AND TELLING BUNKAN HOW GREAT HE IS: SO STFU.
Ahem.
So I like the basic concept of this but it is necessary that if she does a finishing blow on an enemy under the effect of the ult she will perform the Coup de Grace animation (because that's what the name literally means). Would the ult be purgable?
A stupid idea that no one will like: Pa can use her skills (and her items?) on the target affected by her ult even if it is magic immune.

Thank you! Wow actually a comment about the idea I posted. Uh I think the crit animation will be the same for each crit but if it looks cooler then the crit could be just on the killing blow. Yeah the buff will probably be purgable, depends on how bad she would be if the buff was easily purged or how op the hero would be if it wasn't purgable. I like your idea, it's kinda hard balancing a rework concept cause we obviously can't see it ingame, but being able to slow and blink to your target even through bkb would make it easier to get the all important crit buff since she doesn't do much damage in a fight unless she manages to kill someone with ult.

Thanks again for the comment!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 18, 2016 1:59pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

WE ESTABLISHED

Who?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 18, 2016 2:05pm | Report
I think at the very least we established that everyone is tired of this argument. Please don't try starting it again. :)

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved