Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Random PA Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Random PA Rework 28 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 18, 2016 2:14pm | Report
Feels a bit underpowered. The idea of marking a target for killing is really good, and giving bonuses for the rest of the teamfight if she manages to actually get the marked guy is also good. It's just, if she does kill him, all she gets is...her old crit, tweaked a bit?

Essentially I'd like some more bonuses in that case, and a longer duration.

I actually made my own rework that involves refreshing the cooldowns of her Q and W if she gets a kill, for a short duration. I'll post it shortly with my version of 6.87 "balance" patch. Personally I really like the idea of being able to kill several heroes in a rapid succession and not just one every 6 seconds.

Also Bunkan, don't forget that if her new ult gets kited (e.g Ghost Scepter, Glimmer Cape, escape skills etc), and she can't kill the marked target, then your new PA has no crit. At all. That's also pretty UP.

Safecyn wrote:

I think at the very least we established that everyone is tired of this argument. Please don't try starting it again. :)

Also, this. Besides, this discussion is off topic, since the topic isn't even about how to buff PA back to playable tier, but on rework ideas.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 18, 2016 2:18pm | Report
Safecyn wrote:

I think at the very least we established that everyone is tired of this argument. Please don't try starting it again. :)

True, so mb "OMG THAT ARGUMENT AGAIN I'M SO TIRED OF IT YET I MENTION IT WHENEVER I SEE SILVER EDGE AND PA IN ONE SENTENCE" isn't the right way to forget about it? Just a thought.

:)

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » March 18, 2016 2:35pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Feels a bit underpowered. The idea of marking a target for killing is really good, and giving bonuses for the rest of the teamfight if she manages to actually get the marked guy is also good. It's just, if she does kill him, all she gets is...her old crit, tweaked a bit?

Essentially I'd like some more bonuses in that case, and a longer duration.

I actually made my own rework that involves refreshing the cooldowns of her Q and W if she gets a kill, for a short duration. I'll post it shortly with my version of 6.87 "balance" patch. Personally I really like the idea of being able to kill several heroes in a rapid succession and not just one every 6 seconds.

Also Bunkan, don't forget that if her new ult gets kited (e.g Ghost Scepter, Glimmer Cape, escape skills etc), and she can't kill the marked target, then your new PA has no crit. At all. That's also pretty UP.

Also, this. Besides, this discussion is off topic, since the topic isn't even about how to buff PA back to playable tier, but on rework ideas.

Yeah I agree with everything you said. Her current ult is really unreliable I think so the new crit is more reliable, but that being said it's not guaranteed you'll even manage to get it. I changed a couple of other things in some notes I typed, made Stifling Dagger deal 50/100/150/200 damage and removed the 50% reduction to heroes, but it also can't crit anymore, (increased manacost and cooldown on her Q as well so she doesn't have a 15 manacost 200 pure damage nuke) which was supposed to be a change alongside this rework so she doesn't lose her passive damage on her ult without any compensation.

I basically just wanted to change her ult from "mediocre crit which sometimes does damage and sometimes never procs at all" to something that could be more reliable I guess, but as you said, you're not guaranteed the buff anyway so it could potentially be worse.

Maybe some extra sideline benefits other than the crit chance, maybe she gains some attack speed for the duration, or the miss chance for Blur is increased or something, to make it more rewarding for killing your target.

Thank you for the comment!

-Bunkansee

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 18, 2016 6:21pm | Report
The thing with PA is that the hero's design just... sucks. You either get lucky and do what you're supposed to, or don't get lucky and are completely useless. Or get very lucky and win the game through RNG. It's boring. I've no problems with the hero being a pseudo-hard carry or however you want to play her, but she needs a pretty hefty rework. Perhaps...

Stifling Dagger
Cooldown increased to 10 seconds, otherwise unchanged.

Phantom Strike
Cooldown increased to 10 seconds.
No longer grants bonus attack speed, instead locks PA onto her target, phasing her inside them for the duration and moving her with them (can be cancelled with a movement order). Grants 10/15/20/25 bonus damage to her next 4 attacks. This damage can crit.

Blur
Completely reworked. Is now an active with a 3 second cooldown that, when used, will cause PA to dodge the next spell or attack directed at her. Passive minimap removal remains.

Coup de Grace
Chance increased to 20%, but critical damage reduced to 200%/275%/350%.
Whenever PA crits, resets the cooldown on all of her abilities.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 19, 2016 8:28am | Report
PLs no...my poor keyboard.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 19, 2016 9:00am | Report
PA needs a good agh's upgrade.

I mean, her entire skill set screams "EARLY GAME CARRY FALLS OFF LATGAME GO KILL OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FIRST 20 MINS AAAAAHH"

She only really needs a BKB, then maybe some damage items.

Agh's upgrade: Coup De Grace has a new active component.

PA will create a phantom of every enemy hero within 900 range. These phantoms cannot move and cannot attack. They take 300% damage, and 10/20/30% (?) of the damage dealt to these phantoms will be dealt to the enemy that it is a phantom of.

After killing the phantom, PA is granted vision of the original enemy. (Additional effects here?)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 19, 2016 9:19am | Report
PA has no place for Aghs. She needs damage items otherwise she hits like a declawed kitten. The current issue right now with the basher/abyssal and MKB nerfs is, even *with* damage items she hits like a rhumatistic poodle.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 19, 2016 9:27am | Report
Well, what I'm trying to say is that she needs an aghs that gives her damage. I tried it one way, maybe OSFrog can find another.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » March 19, 2016 11:06am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

The thing with PA is that the hero's design just... sucks. You either get lucky and do what you're supposed to, or don't get lucky and are completely useless. Or get very lucky and win the game through RNG. It's boring. I've no problems with the hero being a pseudo-hard carry or however you want to play her, but she needs a pretty hefty rework. Perhaps...

Blur
Completely reworked. Is now an active with a 3 second cooldown that, when used, will cause PA to dodge the next spell or attack directed at her. Passive minimap removal remains.

I agree, and I also like that Blur. Sticking to her lore, increasing her late game potential, and removing her RNG aspects, this is how I would rework her:

Stifling Dagger:
PA throws a dagger at an enemy, turning her next attack on that target from physical damage to pure damage.

Manacost: 50/40/30/20
Cooldown: 15

Phantom Strike:
PA blinks to her target. If an enemy, she is guaranteed a critical strike.

Crit Damage: 150/175/200/225%
Cooldown: 15
Manacost: 75

Blur:
Becomes an active, that will cause PA to dodge the next spell or attack directed at her. After she dodges she will strike out and attack all enemies within melee range in an area in front of her. If there are no enemies the animation is skipped completely

Cooldown: 10
Cost: 8/6/4% of maximum HP
Attack Area: 45 degree cone

Coup de Grace:
Every time that an enemy loses a percentage of their max HP within an area around PA, her cool downs are reset. Passively removes minimap icon.

HP Lost for Reset: 30/25/20%
Search Radius: 200

---

Im afraid this is horribly OP, what do you think needs tweaking? Also possible agh's upgrade that removes half of the manacost from her abilities?

The build I would use with this kit is:
1-4-2-1
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 19, 2016 5:26pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

PLs no...my poor keyboard.

Hey, it wouldn't be too bad in terms of button-spamming. The skill cap would go through the roof. Plus, it fits the fantasy of a ninja assassin, dashing around and dodging everything. It's also reliant on you going all in - as long as you're hitting and critting, you're staying alive.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved