Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Non Battlefury AM?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Non Battlefury AM? 20 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

In competitive...
Non BF am is viable!
Non BF am is ****!
I wanna se answer (Thread poster only)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 20, 2015 6:17am | Report
You know, it grinds my gears knowing that AM barely build to his skillsets: Pik AM 4 fas farm

Why dont people value the non farm AM?

Why shouldnt i play the regular farming AM? Any reasons?

Sure he ***** at heroes like Skywrath Mage....but i see him picked for his farm.

Or am i just too ignorant?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » January 20, 2015 6:19am | Report
There's the urn build which encourages early aggression

edit= Go watch slahsers way to play antimage, all the explanations are there m8.

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Steam: TheFabulousHunter
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2015 6:22am | Report
Because Battle Fury suits him best, and non-farm AM is ****, simple as that, you should only proceed to Maelstroms, Manta Styles etc. if you had all your farm denied ad ended upwith boots and ring of health at minute 15.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2015 6:43am | Report
You see that the enemy team is picking a magic damage heavy lineup with Zeus, Ancient Apparition, Invoker, Luna, Pudge etc.

Your team needs a safe lane carry.

Look no further. Thy magic ends here.

These days I only pick AM because **** magic not because I want to farm creeps.

Actually I don't think there are many carries that really counter magic damage focused lineups. There's Lifestealer, Medusa in some way with her high tankability, and IMO that's about it.

If the enemy lineup is all focused on magic nukes then might as well play battle AM, no point in farming when you can blow up that juicy Skywrath Mage or Storm Spirit for 1500+ AOE damage with an early manta.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » January 20, 2015 6:43am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Because Battle Fury suits him best, and non-farm AM is ****, simple as that, you should only proceed to Maelstroms, Manta Styles etc. if you had all your farm denied ad ended upwith boots and ring of health at minute 15.

Non-bf am is supposed to be aggressive early and mid game, he gets his gold by getting kills and farming when there are no early fights. Am is really strong early game with the right items.

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2015 6:47am | Report

Non-bf am is supposed to be aggressive early and mid game, he gets his gold by getting kills and farming when there are no early fights. Am is really strong early game with the right items.

With his hp pool and necessity to manfight heroes because he doesn't have any disables at all? Why don't you pick Riki or Sven or basically any other carry for that matter?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 20, 2015 6:48am | Report
HOW MANY DIFFEERENT DISCUSIONS DO WE NEED ABOUT THIS. ;_;

Dimonychan wrote:

With his hp pool and necessity to manfight heroes because he doesn't have any disables at all? Why don't you pick Riki or Sven or basically any other carry for that matter?

Am is more mobile, better against magic damage, and still farms faster. yes he is squishier but i would place riki and sven in a different category.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperKamiGuru2.0 » January 20, 2015 6:51am | Report
Well you can buy urn which gives you extra survivability and do you really need disables when you've got blink, Am's one of the best chasers in the game. To truly unlock antimage's full potential you have to delve deep into his complicated lore and character and then mimic it.
Seriously, **** magic :D

SuperKamiGuru2.0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 20, 2015 7:06am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You see that the enemy team is picking a magic damage heavy lineup with Zeus, Ancient Apparition, Invoker, Luna, Pudge etc.

Your team needs a safe lane carry.

Look no further. Thy magic ends here.

These days I only pick AM because **** magic not because I want to farm creeps.

Actually I don't think there are many carries that really counter magic damage focused lineups. There's Lifestealer, Medusa in some way with her high tankability, and IMO that's about it.

If the enemy lineup is all focused on magic nukes then might as well play battle AM, no point in farming when you can blow up that juicy Skywrath Mage or Storm Spirit for 1500+ AOE damage with an early manta.

I don't know, I never pick AM to counter magic damage. For that matter, there are a lot of Heroes that go BKB first ( Luna, Gyrocopter, Faceless Void, Shadow Fiend, Phantom Assassin...) who usually have more chances of winning versus a magic-heavy team than a squishy Anti-Mage; and keep in mind AM has to go BKB sometimes, too.

When I pick AM, that's because I'm looking for two things: mobility and quick farming. If my safe lane is going to be easy, then AM is an option, unless I need an AoE-based carry. In other words, I pick Anti-Mage when my team can keep up with the enemies for 25 minutes and I want to out-carry someone: he's not the best hard carry by any means, but he's the first to get six-slotted for sure. You can easily farm BF + Manta + Heart/Butterfly 35 minutes into the game while joining fights after 20-25 minutes of farming, and that's only because of your Battle Fury; without one, you're just an average carry that can give a hand in the mid game but relies on snowballing for out-carrying the others.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 20, 2015 7:42am | Report
Anti-Mage without Battle Fury was viable. The item is just to overrated on him.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved