Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

No shadowblade Furion / burst Furion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » No shadowblade Furion / burst Furion 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 15, 2014 3:00am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Generally I don't like leaving my units alone to push and standing back, because it is easily countered by simply TPing to the tower and farming the wave. Necros feed 400 (!!) gold whenever they are killed, it's more than a hero kill, more than a Lone Druid bear kill, about as much as clearing a 2-stack of ancients, and so on. Standing back and sending your treants to push is fine, but necros? No way. Getting a T1/T2 tower isn't worth a feed like that.

True, I only start using Necroes like that when I know I can get Rax that way, doesn't matter how much Gold they get if they can't even leave their Base <}3
Hamstertamer wrote:

Manta Style : I like it because it's essentially like Necronomicon...except that the cooldown is much shorter and you don't feed gold, so you can really spam it like there's no tomorrow. In terms of illusion damage output, I checked it, in the mid game it's about equivalent to a "Necro 1.5" : more damage than Necro 1 and less than Necro 2 with similar attack speed. Actually Furion *does* boost his base stat with Necronomicon and Scythe of Vyse, so late-game Manta Style illusions have the same damage output as a Necro 2 (I checked). Also, the movement speed boost and being able to dispel silences is always nice. Manta is essentially the "safe" version of Necro, less damage but no feed.

The main issue with your Illusions isn't how much Damage they can deal, but how much Damage they can Tank, hence why Heart of Tarrasque and Butterfly are often picked up on Illusion Heroes. Nature's Prophet's Illusions may do some nice Damage, but they're easily cleared by even a Support tbh.
Hamstertamer wrote:

Speaking of counters, I'm still having trouble dealing with Bounty Hunter, Nyx Assassin, Storm Spirit and Faceless Void. Any tips on how to counter them as Furion?

Storm Spirit and Clockwerk are your biggest Counters, when they're played competently, there's very little you can do aside from making sure you never show up in their field of vision. Just check the Map, and if they aren't on the other side of it? Summon Treants and run! That's all you can do. Nyx Asassin and Faceless Void aren't much easier either. At least if they're spending time hunting you down, it makes it easier for the rest of your Team to fight.

Bounty Hunter is a little different, until he Farms a Monkey King Bar or an Orchid Malevolence or (Gods-forbid) a Skull Basher / Abyssal Blade, his only way of stopping you from TPing out is Shuriken Toss, so I would immediately start Teleportation when he goes on you to force it out, then get a bit of distance and Teleportaion or Town Portal Scroll the heck out of there. Make sure to get a fast Ultimate Orb for more HP, and maybe even a Bracer. Bounty Hunter can only Kill you if he can Burst you down fast enough with Jinada + Shuriken Toss. Manta Style should work well against him, since you can Hide in your Trees, Purge Track and TP out while he has no Vision of you. <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 15, 2014 4:00am | Report
Clockwerk is actually pretty easy to deal with from my experience : Force Staff away from his cogs, Sprout or Scythe of Vyse him, and juke to TP out for example. Besides since you are always surrounded with treants and creeps it's unlikely that he can Hookshot you or cog you alone, so the damage you take is minimal. If you kite his Battery Assault then you can probably kill him actually.

Bounty Hunter : been here, done that. I tried to TP on him, but it doesn't work. Bounty isn't Bloodseeker (^^). He can burst you down in the 5-6 seconds it takes you to start your TP, get cancelled by Shuriken Toss, and TP again. The problem is your low armor and his Desolator. Should you get armor items like Assault Cuirass? It's probably the only way to survive the time you need to TP on him. I guess you could go with Manta Style to dispel Track and Orchid Malevolence, Force Staff away if needed, and then use Sprout + Teleportation to get out. Man isn't that overkill :)

I guess against invisible gankers Necronomicon allows you to see them coming and then you can Scythe of Vyse them before they attack you. But man this is scary as hell...I really don't get people who say Furion is a ***** hero while all they do is sit behind their team all the time :)

Maybe a last minute Ghost Scepter may work against Storm Spirit and Faceless Void?

But I agree that whenever those "unfair" heroes are missing from the map it's probably best to just get back to your team and teamfight what is left of their team.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved