Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New meta Anti-mage item build (no Kappa)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » New meta Anti-mage item build (no Kappa) 43 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 19, 2015 3:23am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

is a(n) wasted underrated item for a good reason

So... your build for Anti-Mage would be battlefury into... talisman of evasion? If it's just for farming ancients and it's slowing down my manta, then it's completely wasted to me.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 19, 2015 3:36am | Report
Pish posh who needs manta when you have blink and force staff on him?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 19, 2015 3:47am | Report
classic flimsii

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 19, 2015 4:17am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

is a(n) wasted underrated item (KAPPA)

Offtopic: im 200% mad that my sig show this quote 70% of the time. Dotofire coding pls giv dofferent quote
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 19, 2015 7:34am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

You can't kill ancients reliably with just battle fury. You'll lose half or more of your health without a Yasha, making you more susceptible to ganks.

I was thinking competetive where you usually go with someone to tank some of the damage. A support won't mind tanking damage even if they go below 30% HP, because the farm their carry will get will be a huge benefit even if they should die to a gank.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 19, 2015 8:29am | Report

I was thinking competetive where you usually go with someone to tank some of the damage. A support won't mind tanking damage even if they go below 30% HP, because the farm their carry will get will be a huge benefit even if they should die to a gank.

Ah, in that case it's viable. But perhaps the ancient stack could be taken by a Tidehunter instead to get an earlier blink dagger to make a bigger impact in the early-mid game. AM can take subsequent ancient stacks after he gets yasha/manta.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 19, 2015 8:31am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

classic flimsii

You dare say the god's name so lightly?
BURN IN HELL O'RUDE ONE!
REPENT FOR YOUR SINS AND COME BACK WHEN 'THOU ART PURIFIED'

in other news,Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam
Come on and slam, if you wanna jam. HEY YOU WHAT YOU GONNA DO..GET SLAMMED. SLAM BAM THANK YA MAM.
#****MAGIC
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 19, 2015 8:38am | Report
now everyone gets a peek of the inner troll in me.*snicker snicker snicker*

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » January 19, 2015 9:58am | Report
I don't think it's as efficient as a Battlefury honestly. It becomes chance based instead of a reliable cleave, is more expensive, and doesn't help against ancients. Battlefury also scales better with your damage while Maelstrom remains flat.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 19, 2015 2:52pm | Report
battlefury is a bit more ideal.
the reason why kuroki went battle fury is because he got literally no farm, then went jungle with vlads and followed up with maelstrom cause he needed the farm speed ASAP.

i do occasionally swap out the battlefury for a mjollnir when im 6 slotted and want to make solokills around the map since it gives much better DPS.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved