Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New meta Anti-mage item build (no Kappa)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » New meta Anti-mage item build (no Kappa) 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » January 18, 2015 1:41pm | Report
So, there is a bug. I buyed Diffusal Blade on a lobby to test and my attacks were burning 62 mana. Go and see, guys.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 18, 2015 1:43pm | Report
oldKainen wrote:

So, there is a bug. I buyed Diffusal Blade on a lobby to test and my attacks were burning 62 mana. Go and see, guys.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! GET UR DIFFUSALS BEFORE THERE PATCHED. LIMITED EDITION. =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 18, 2015 1:46pm | Report
I just tried it in a lobby...it doesn't work. He gets the normal Mana Break but not the diffusal one.

AM burns 64 mana per hit like he's supposed to.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » January 18, 2015 1:51pm | Report
Oh, I did a mistake indeed. Sorry boys, I misread the description of Mana Break (I read that he burns 38 mana per hit) -.-

Yeah, sorry again.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » January 18, 2015 2:21pm | Report
oldKainen wrote:

Oh, I did a mistake indeed. Sorry boys, I misread the description of Mana Break (I read that he burns 38 mana per hit) -.-

Yeah, sorry again.

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly. Well played.

On topic, Anti-fun has good early game, but in my opinion he needs too many levels to be effective. Maxed out Mana Break, at least a point in spell shield, and a point in your ultimate totals out to 8 levels, which is too late to even start your ganking. You could place him mid, but then you could choose a stronger mid that does what he's supposed to do better. And if you do build Vanguard on him, then you could also build it on Slardar and get better teamfight.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 18, 2015 3:11pm | Report
Diffusal Blade does not stack with other mana burn abilities or items. Read the changelog.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 18, 2015 5:23pm | Report

Vanguard AM used to be a pretty popular build around ~6.79 - 6.80 I think, not too sure about the time frame, but it used to be the standart mid-game oriented build for AM.
I think it still works ok, but the strength of BF AM lies in the ability to reliably farm acient stacks shortly after getting BF. This accelerates his farm by an insane amount and can easily balance out a bad early game. Without BF the acients become harder to farm and can only be attempted to be farmed if there's either enough levels or something for armor/regen on him.

You can't kill ancients reliably with just battle fury. You'll lose half or more of your health without a Yasha, making you more susceptible to ganks.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 19, 2015 2:17am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

You can't kill ancients reliably with just battle fury. You'll lose half or more of your health without a Yasha, making you more susceptible to ganks.

Talisman of Evasion
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 19, 2015 2:37am | Report

is a wasted item

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 19, 2015 2:49am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

is a(n) wasted underrated item
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved