Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Necrophos: Possibility of use in professional DotA 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Necrophos: Possibility of use in professional DotA 2 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 26, 2014 4:12am | Report
Necrophos is only bad in the late game if you think of him as a carry, but he's not a carry he's a utility hero with very strong teamfight presence.

You can't solo carry games with him, however he's insanely good late game first because Heartstopper Aura is often completely underestimated (it deals a ton of damage), and also because he can literally wipe out 2 enemy cores for more than 2 minutes without buyback. Aghanim's Scepter + Refresher Orb = you're playing 5 vs 3 for more than 2 minutes = GG.

He's as much a carry as Dark Seer, Magnus, Enigma, Omniknight etc are carries really : he's among the utility heroes whose abilities scale incredibly well into late game but he doesn't have enough damage output to carry a game on his own.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » December 26, 2014 4:14am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

U wot m9

Luna destroys everything from teams to rax in the lategame.

Especially illusion Heroes. I'm surprised she isn't picked up more as a counter to Terrorballer/Naga Siren/Chaos Knight.

Her peaking is really weird, she's really squishy at the start of the game, then she gets really strong at lvl 7 because of max lvl Lucent Beam and two points in Lunar Blessing and one point in Eclipse. Then she falls off again, she is squishy, her Lucent Beam deals relatively lower damage and she's extremely reliant on Eclipse, which isn't even good before lvl 11. Then she peaks again, she has got items and is really fat before anyone else. At this point she is kind of under pressure to end the game as she is not that hard of a carry, her power is at being able to get really fat really quick and demolishing enemy teams by running them down with the advantage even her ultimate is a mid-game oriented nuke. Another problem with her is the change to BKB, without a good 10-8 sec charge she just gets blown up and kited during Eclipse. So basically she is really hard to fit in a team because of this.

About Necro, I'd say he's really strong situationally. He is really good versus teams with low burst damage or that rely on a single carry. If he's not bursted, his team is going to just steamroll with full hp and he's going to do massive damage if you try to fight into him. If you have a single hero to do all the damage, just one Reaper's Scythe and it's GG. However if you have burst he can't sustain anything and their team just loses so much damage with him.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 26, 2014 5:23am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

U wot m9

Luna destroys everything from teams to rax in the lategame.

Especially illusion Heroes. I'm surprised she isn't picked up more as a counter to Terrorballer/Naga Siren/Chaos Knight.

She doesn't, there are carries that can destroy her even if she's overfarmed and she is not so hard to focus down.

Luna is weak now and she can be truly powerful only if piloted by a skilled player. I don't get why they reccomend Luna to newbies, she is one of the hardest heroes in Dota to play well.

Especially illusion heroes, she probably can only fight Terrorblade and Naga if she doesn't get fast Radiance, CK rips her to pieces.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved