Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mirana 6.87

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Mirana 6.87 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by plaq » May 8, 2016 5:02am | Report
Frosto got the point, that's exactly the point

plaq

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 8, 2016 9:00am | Report
The Frosto wrote:

But now you see Mirana's going for the afk farming carry build on mirana which is like hammer said a waste of her potential.

Thing is: where do you see this happening? Because I don't see this in my pubs (which are already low level, around 3ks), I don't see it in pro games at all, and I don't do it myself when I'm playing Mirana. I don't doubt it might happen, but let's not forget that low level games, despite being the majority of existing dota games, don't really say anything about how the game works and how legit this or that is, because the game is thought to be played by competent mature people - and I know that's not the case most of the times, but doesn't make sense to analyse it based on that kind of people.

So I don't think arguments like Hamster that "this is just a ruining of games" are not legitimate analysing, because that happens with all sorts of things (cliff jungling Nature Prophets anyone?), and can't judge the viability of the hero or its potential by it. It's like saying there's something wrong with chess because a lot of people suck at it so its rules should be changed.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 8, 2016 9:31am | Report
Most AFK-farming Miranas must be in 4k bracket I believe. It is full of people abusing hero's ability to subtly ruin their teammates' games while doing "okay" themselves.

Granted, I don't remember encountering such a type of AFK-farming "farm all the map" Mirana in 4.4k. I mean, there are quite some Miranas, some are very useful as cores, some are awful, but I've never seen Aghs abuse. At least when she was on my team.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 8, 2016 10:33am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Most AFK-farming Miranas must be in 4k bracket I believe. It is full of people abusing hero's ability to subtly ruin their teammates' games while doing "okay" themselves.

Granted, I don't remember encountering such a type of AFK-farming "farm all the map" Mirana in 4.4k. I mean, there are quite some Miranas, some are very useful as cores, some are awful, but I've never seen Aghs abuse. At least when she was on my team.

Yea, you're probably right. Unfortunetely in higher regular brackets there's a lot of that KDA mentality thing, sometimes even more than in lower levels, where everyone at least assumes they suck :D

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » May 8, 2016 2:05pm | Report
plaq wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should afk farm your scepter and supports should do stacks for you so you can pick it at 12 minutes.
I played Mirana 4 position before this patch started, but now... Mirana core offers everything that roaming Mirana does plus extra magic AoE.

Anyway, nice discussion and arguments, thumbs up

I do accept the point about her early threat going up with the scepter upgrade...but I do think there is a key difference - core Mirana doesn't threaten arrows in the same way, as she's stuck in a lane farming. So you can't work those angles in the same way, and are even more reliant on setup and a clear shot. You also can't land a very long range arrow and follow it up without also investing in a Blink Dagger.

I'll throw this out as an example of a "farm spamming" Mirana, although it's hamster's point not mine. Struggling to remember the exact details of this game, but their Slark had very low impact. Mirana went Aghs/Eblade - we got a few Glimmer Capes. Wasn't close in the end (suck team allowing).

Dotabuff
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by plaq » May 9, 2016 2:17am | Report
Well, that match is the EXACT example of aghs abuse, but more: you can see (support?) Io having more CS than Slark with really weird items and being second highest in radiant networth... They either didn't let Slark farm properly (or didn't set up ganks for him) or Slark player had bad game (we all have games, where we suck)

Well, I have to admit, you can't be real threat to enemy on low levels, if you picked Mirana as core (maybe with a good rune) but roaming Mirana has disadvantages as well and as game progresses you are loosing your impact with arrow (support with glimmer who can hide arrowed target and forcestaff him to safety, venge with swap, daz with s.grave or ww with cold embrace etc etc) while you don't have enough damage to bring something new to the fight (your aghs will come when it isn't gamechanging.

With core Mirana, there are several things that can lower your impact - enemies dealin with your arrows, people getting either Glimmer Cape or Hood of Defiance, best response to Mirana aghs is Pipe of Insight reasonably early and BKB on means no dmg, no control in next few seconds. You will struggle to take heroes down once they become tanky (str carries), once enemy supports get Lotus Orb or somebody picks up atos/orchid/bloodthorn to deal with you.
That said, I still think that core Mirana is a viable option since your mid game impact (before you fall of) is so much high. After that, you still remain relevat and the fact that you made multiple enemies buy items just to deal with you should mean that your hard carry has nice time cleaning up.

plaq

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved