Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Legion Commander as a counter to BristleBack

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Legion Commander as a counter to BristleBack 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iGlu.Papaco » December 18, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Hello everyone, this is my first post in these forums, I actually made this account just for this one :D

So, I used to play Legion a lot back in DotA 1, and I pretty much didn't play any other hero since (s)he came to DotA 2. Now, thinking about the recent increase in BB'S popularity, specially in the competitive scene, and how people seem to have a hard time countering him, I thought about LC as one. What do you think? I mean, you can duel him in place, forcing him to face you, mute that evil scumbag of a hedgehog from hell, and with some burst (say a Lina, or whatever) he could be easily mowed down during these 4-5 secs. I know she is not available in CM yet, but I thought I'd share this idea with you guys.

whaddyathink?

also, sorry for long post

iGlu.Papaco

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 18, 2013 7:20pm | Report
She counters his playstyle especially in teamfights, but Bristleback isn't feared because of the tankiness due to his passive. (That's one factor, but it's more about how much damage he can dish out by abusing Warpath.)
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iGlu.Papaco » December 18, 2013 7:30pm | Report
exactly, all the time he's in the Duel, he isn't stacking Quill Spray or Viscous Nasal Goo, which means he isn't building up his Warpath damage. Also, how do I get these pretty icons next to the skill names? :D

iGlu.Papaco

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 18, 2013 8:59pm | Report
Put double brackets before and after the skill/item/hero/etc name.
Code:
[[Dragon Knight]]

is Dragon Knight
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » December 19, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Question is, if a not too hard snowballing LC can kill a Bristleback in Lategame in 5.5 seconds. If you think that just stopping his skill-spaming "counters" Bristleback, Silencer should more than suffice.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 23, 2013 8:26am | Report
^Lol,

bristleback counters?

Magic Wand

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » December 24, 2013 1:41pm | Report
Magic wand will work...until he cat his you and beats you down because of warpath
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dominatorDora » December 24, 2013 2:26pm | Report
Played IO against Legion Commander. That was a pain in the *** on a public match

dominatorDora

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 24, 2013 3:03pm | Report
Some Bristleback counters that I know of:

Doom: Disables everything of his, he can't use abilities and it disables his passive.

Timbersaw: Pure damage and raw stat reduction.

Venomancer: Kites him around very well.

Legion isn't too bad, theoretically, it would be really nice if Duel disables Bristleback but I'm not sure that it does. Really to beat bristle you need to have a strong lane that can feed off of him levels 1-4. After that it becomes very risky to even engage bristleback.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by iGlu.Papaco » December 25, 2013 2:00am | Report
I think Duel is much much better than than Doom as a counter to Bristleback, because it not only mutes him, but also locks Bristleback in place

iGlu.Papaco

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved