Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to Force your advantage?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How to Force your advantage? 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 9, 2015 4:57pm | Report
So ive had a couple of games recently where either the enemy team or mine has gained a lot from one lane.
this one being the worst.

i was ember mid against an AXE!!! like **** me how am i going to do **** against that.

anyway i went full try hard mode and last hit with Flame Guard and Searing Chains i didnt die to him but well... he got a 9-11 minute blink dagger tranqs and wand.
so you could say he won the lane.

he went top got a double kill. meantime i got a super good haste rune and got a double bottom then went idiot mode and dived tier 2 for a spec kill ... dumb idea.

but i still only had phase and bottle and drums. this was like 20 mins in. we were getting wrecked by this axe. then they kinda just "stopped" i dont know how else to describe it at around 22 mins we had no tier one towers and none of theirs was down and then boom its like axe disappeared into nothing and we didnt see him for 5-10 mins which allowed me to get bf and cryst and then lc and jugg got fat from farming and boom... easy win.

why? they had this massive advantage 10 min blink on axe under farmed cores on the enemy team and they didnt make anything of it? nothing! they just let us farm up core items on core heroes and we steam rolled them at the 30 min mark ....

similar but different we was the next game where we got a huge lead early but then stuffed around and let them get back into the game.

how do you force that advantage? is their a reason it dosnt happen in pubs?

EDIT: also the Axe game is where i dodged Culling Blade with Sleight of Fist....skillllzzzzzz

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 10, 2015 12:33am | Report
I always say that any team fight that goes your way should then be used to either take a tower or Roshan. The whole point is to extend your lead through objectives.

Also people make such a big issues about kills. Yes getting tons of kills is nice; but what is most important is getting kills on the right heroes. Both you and the LC barely died that whole game. So both of you were able to get your cores earlier than their Spectre.

While they also let your Jugg snowball out of control.

Axe never should of let up the pressure. Him and ES could had easily roamed once he got his blink and just kept your cores down the entire game.

One of the main reason people don't push their advantage in pubs is cause people don't work as a team most the time.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » February 10, 2015 3:39am | Report
Because there is no coordination and communication in pubs! Unless if you are running a 5-man party.

I'm going to tell you my worst game :

Me: Guys i'm gonna go mid, playing Shadow Fiend
1 sec later
Noob 1: *picked Pudge*
Me: Okay then guys i'm gonna go top offlane, playing Timbersaw
2 sec later
Noob 2: *picked Tidehunter* goes to safe lane AFTER an Anti-Mage was alr picked in our team, but i begged him and he went top with Silencer*
Me: *picks Witch Doctor cause no **** wants to support us*

min 10

Me: Pudge i'm gonna stun mid then you hook k?
Noob 1: k
5 sec later
Me: Ping!!! Ping!!! Ping!!! Lets go mid!
Noob 1: k
Me: PARALYZING CASK!!!!! HITS ON Death Prophet!!!
Noob 1: *creeping*
Me: WTF why no hook??
Noob 1: why you no ping me??
Me: muted Noob 1

moving on

Me: tide you start with your ult then me and silencer will drop ss
Noob 2: k
1 min later <yes waiting so long for prey>
Me: Ping!!! Ping!!! tide gogogo!! PARALYZING CASK!!
Silencer: CURSE OF THE SILENT!!
Noob 2: *creeping*
then we got killed by their Ember Spirit who was stunned by me. He has no hidden remnants so he can't escape.
Me and silencer: why no ravage?
Noob 2: why no ping?
Me: muted noob 2

In the end, i unmute them and they said "noob support feeder never say if want to start a fight"

See??
This is pub

EDIT: forgot the match ID but I WILL NEVER FORGET THE CONVERSATION AND THE GAME

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » February 10, 2015 4:38am | Report
I'd say it goes something along these lines:
1. You win your lanes, and you figure out that you have the lead
2. You get your core items faster
3. Proceed to gank with your fresh blink for example
4. Take Roshan if your lineup is able to do it
5. Push out all lanes to prevent trading towers
6. Push a tower as five
7. Repeat if you still have aegis
8. Plant deeper wards and buy gem to deward
9. Gank enemy if they farm their jungle
10. Outfarn enemy by limiting their map control
11. Take rosh whenever possible
12. When you think you're ready, go highground, preferably with aegis

Try to prevent any tower or hero trading and play objectively. Push only when you have ults up and don't fight without core items. Play cautiously especially when going highground to prevent throwing.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 10, 2015 5:48am | Report
Unfortunately almost everyone seems to work on the idea that:

My farm > every other consideration.

Teamwork/comms is another huge issue in pubs. Also, many people don't seem to grasp the "big picture" - say "their team has more late game than us", we need to win earlier. There's also issues around how to actually go about winning.

Many teams storm to an early/midgame advantage, take all the tier 2s, and then push the lanes into the enemy T3s without actually following up - here's some free farm you desperately need, we'll give you a safe way of getting it. If you're worried that you can't take an uphill fight, you need to starve the opposition out so you can gank them or stop them getting anything while you build an unassailable lead. See the first point about my farm > everything else.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 10, 2015 6:28am | Report
Win fight into farm is always the best strategy.

Once they all died, we have plenty of space to farm and secure late game than risking defeat while contesting enemy highground. This strat is great but many people are doing it wrong.

Fight->Farm is always the best strat
Spoiler: Click to view
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 10, 2015 6:37am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Win fight into farm is always the best strategy.

Once they all died, we have plenty of space to farm and secure late game than risking defeat while contesting enemy highground. This strat is great but many people are doing it wrong.

Fight->Farm is always the best strat
Spoiler: Click to view

This comment is so 6.80

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 10, 2015 8:13am | Report
I was playing a game just yesterday where we had a huge advantage at 20 minutes, but we all had to work realllly hard at communicating to secure that game. The temptation is to relax a little, give them a little space, but instead we constantly took their jungle farm and pushed in their lanes so they were trapped in their own base.

My point is that it is kinda hard to capitalize on teamfight wins sometimes, but if you establish beforehand what you're going to do if you win a teamfight, it makes things easier.

Also, don't get greedy with kills, it only took me getting greedy once that game to die to the enemy Void and give him a huge bounty that made him harder to deal with. But it worked out because EZ farm is EZ game.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1225674123
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 10, 2015 10:38am | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

I was playing a game just yesterday where we had a huge advantage at 20 minutes, but we all had to work realllly hard at communicating to secure that game. The temptation is to relax a little, give them a little space, but instead we constantly took their jungle farm and pushed in their lanes so they were trapped in their own base.

Sorry to make you the straw man for this point, but this is a commonly held misconception. They may be trapped in their base, but you're providing a constant pizza delivery service right to their front door at this point. Both jungles and ancients every 60 seconds is generally < 3 waves of creeps every 30 seconds.

You DON'T want those creeps waves pushing towards their towers unless you're going to follow it up, either with a fight or at least split push or the threat of ganks. The right place to keep those creep waves when you're not trying to take high ground or Roshan is past the steps on side lanes, and about the same place in mid.

If they're sat in base and unable to gain the farm/xp from those waves, it's fine - you're starving them while feeding yourselves. If you push them right up, you're providing a recovery mechanism unless you follow it up.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 10, 2015 10:46am | Report
It's fine to be the straw man haha but I understand that concept. I get that it gives them creep wave farm but for the most part we were always the creep waves pushing, making them unable to farm most of the waves without risking a pickoff. It also allowed us to just chip damage away the bottom rax which was the beginning of the end. Since I was able to constantly clear ancients, jungle creeps, and any waves that pushed back out, I thought it was a good endeavor overall.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved