Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Discussion: Faceless Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hero Discussion: Faceless Void 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 10, 2015 5:49pm | Report
Skills:
Time Walk - 1 / 15 / 17 / 18
Backtrack - 3 / 12 / 13 / 14
Time Lock - 2 / 4 / 6 / 9
Chronosphere - 8 / 11 / 16
Stats - 5 / 7

Items:

Poor Mans Shield > Orb of Venom > Boots of Speed > Hand of Midas > Manta Style > Power Treads / Boots of Travel > Aghanim's Scepter > Butterfly / Daedalus / Mjollnir / Eye of Skadi
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » August 11, 2015 2:49pm | Report
Moon Shard > Mask of Madness

I build Moon Shard on the heroes I used to build MoM on. Works great on void, because Time Lock is basically 8/15/24/35 damage in a Chronosphere. Not only that, but it lets you tank up, because you don't have the 30% bonus damage making all of your HP inefficient. You can go into Satanic and Eye of Skadi later.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 12, 2015 7:27am | Report
apaz wrote:

Moon Shard > Mask of Madness

I build Moon Shard on the heroes I used to build MoM on. Works great on void, because Time Lock is basically 8/15/24/35 damage in a Chronosphere. Not only that, but it lets you tank up, because you don't have the 30% bonus damage making all of your HP inefficient. You can go into Satanic and Eye of Skadi later.

It's 3 times as expesive. I'd rather just get Mask of Madness early and then just sell it and replace with Moon Shard.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » August 12, 2015 8:46am | Report
The problem with MoM is that you die more often while using it. And since the movement speed nerf, does it *really* speed up farming that much compared to, say, HotD? That's the point I'm getting at. Alternatives.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 12, 2015 9:48am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

The problem with MoM is that you die more often while using it. And since the movement speed nerf, does it *really* speed up farming that much compared to, say, HotD? That's the point I'm getting at. Alternatives.

Yes it does. How can you even compare it to HotD - Void can't farm stacks efficiently, and that 20 damage is nothing compared to 100 AS which lets you proc damaging bashes more often and(whatever anyone says about it) still great MS boost. And there';s no other item in sub-3k range that lets you reliably kill your targets in Chrono.

I dunno how MoM makes you die easier, do you activate it and stand in front of Lina or something? If you die with MoM, it's 80% that you would die without it, people are hugely overrating that 30% input damage increase. If you do not mindlessly jump in fron of enemy nukers and dsablers and actually care to lock them in Chrono, you won't feel that 30% damage at all.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 13, 2015 11:21am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I dunno how MoM makes you die easier, do you activate it and stand in front of Lina or something? If you die with MoM, it's 80% that you would die without it, people are hugely overrating that 30% input damage increase. If you do not mindlessly jump in fron of enemy nukers and dsablers and actually care to lock them in Chrono, you won't feel that 30% damage at all.

This is the problem, if you're going into a fight where you have to pop MoM without any lockdown or defensive Buffs/Heals to back you up, odds are, there isn't much you can do in the fight without MoM. It's why MoM is Core Item on Void (unless you're in a situation where your Team can 4 vs 5 while you get Hand of Midas + 2 or 3 other Items, but this is a less than 1% chance scenario).

Stop bashing the op on not building a MoM.
His whole idea is to NOT BUILD MoM.
Read the post ppl.

We know, but we can Bash it because of the early +100 Attack Speed we get from building MoM! 8{D

Seriously though, if you want an alternative to MoM, you have to give up on the idea of being able to fight early, other than showing up to land Chrono and let your team do the rest, and therein lies the problem. Void works better if he snowballs and he needs to do it from the start.
Terathiel wrote:

Yes, it does. Consider Mask of Madness vs Helm of the Dominator on Juggernaut. Mask of Madness increases the amount of Crits ( Time Locks) he can pump out, helping him to clear Camps and Creep Waves faster.

Helm of the Dominator is only a good Item if you either build Battle Fury or have an innate ability to clear Stacks. You can build HotD BF Void if you want, but it takes 20 minutes just to be able to Farm up an Item that lets you fight.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » August 13, 2015 4:00pm | Report
I oncen considered an alternate build
Midas, Hotd, shadow blade and boots.
Get surprise chrono ppl.
Void can really benefit from the initiate from shadow blade. Late game silver edge is great against tanks like bristleback and spectre.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 13, 2015 4:02pm | Report
But void has Time Walk! Why would you need Shadow Blade?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 13, 2015 4:08pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

But void has Time Walk! Why would you need Shadow Blade?

To hide the cast point of chrono and get instant initiation against heroes with escape skills.

If you time walk chrono, anti-fun will just blink out. If you sb chrono, ez kill.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 13, 2015 4:12pm | Report
It's odd, but maybe it works: you have AS from Midas and the SBlade, and that way you can use your Time Walk to escape, making him more of a ganking hero on the mid game. But what would you build up from that? Because those seem to me alternatives to pump him to the late game, where he should also be teamfighting.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved