Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help to analyze a combo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Help to analyze a combo 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 7, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Hi everyone. First thread. As a like-to-be-pro dota player I have some discussion for one simple support combo.

Just finish one game with Treant Protector and I think Koth would be an excellent mass gank combo. I missed a certain mobility to it. Would be good to let stuns / silences with carries? Or actually I have to improve my mobility inside the map?

Very thanks and sorry for te grammatical.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » November 7, 2013 6:32pm | Report
Are you asking about how KotL and Treant would make a ganking combo?

Sorry, it's a bit difficult to understand.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lasvegasss » November 8, 2013 3:21am | Report
Dafuq. What are you even asking?

lasvegasss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by maercS » November 8, 2013 4:25am | Report
Treant Protector and Keeper of the Light are defensive supports (most of the time, they can be played in a agressive combination too), they don't have a good ganking power if is it what you asked. You need at least one disable to gank effectively. Mobility is good, but not the primordial factor. Look to Crystal Maiden, she have a very low move speed, but her skills are so good to a gank. Heroes like Bane, Mirana and Skywrath Mage have both. So try to blend heroes with good disables and good mobility, then you'll find a nice gank combination.

Sorry for the poor english.

- maercS

maercS

Notable (1)
Steam: maercS
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » November 8, 2013 7:28am | Report
If you're having trouble initiating try a blink dagger or force staff.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 8, 2013 7:57am | Report
It's actually a pretty good combo - ran it recently with a random Riki against a solo Weaver. With some Sentry Ward we killed him twice before he got wise and played passive. Mana Leak and Leech Seed has reasonable power if your carry can supply something else to help. Rest of the team were very happy with all the Living Armor I could spam out thanks to Chakra Magic.

Only problem with it is that it doesn't have that much killing power - not sure I'd want to run it Tri Vs Tri. The other thing is that you're both pretty level dependent so need lots of stacks and ideally some kills to boost you up.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 8, 2013 7:58am | Report
lasvegasss wrote:

Dafuq. What are you even asking?

English is obviously not his primary language and he apologized for his grammar. Don't be a ****.

This combination is a good combo of heroes, but neither of them are gankers. Treant Protector's teleport is nice, but he doesn't really do enough damage to gank.

Keeper of the Light would do well with someone with a stun like Sven so he can hit with Illuminate. He would also do well with a magic nuker like Lina because he can use Chakra Magic to keep their mana full.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mr. Nuke » November 8, 2013 8:15am | Report
Tyerker wrote:

Keeper of the Light would do well with someone with a stun like Sven so he can hit with Illuminate. He would also do well with a magic nuker like Lina because he can use Chakra Magic to keep their mana full.

This. To gank you need a reliable disable, a nuke and potentially a slow to finish them off. So Treant Protector and Keeper of the Light have a slow and a nuke but you need a reliable stun from the ally in the lane you're ganking.
Bristleback - Making chasers kill themselves since 28/3/2013

Smuggels wrote:

the giant hamster is revived by Drow the dog using the power of the best pie in the world.
the daughter who was beaten now is a the ultimate fighter after training for years since she never wants to be beaten again, she learns all forms of killing and martial arts and is now an unstoppable machine, she teams up with drow the dog and rides the giant hamster into battle against the dark lord Gabe Vovlo, crushing his Steam empire and freeing all the slaves under steam sales control.

Mr. Nuke

Notable (3)
Steam: Mr. Crit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by maercS » November 11, 2013 8:11am | Report
I played a match with my friends, one of them was in low priority, so we tried something more fun: a triple mid with Bane, Keeper of the Light and Treant Protector. And it's pretty decent I do say. Nightmare into a full Illuminate followed by Leech Seed and Brain Sap make a good combo. Right clicks finish the job. Then we all begin to roam and rush dagons, this allowed us to snowball and win the game even with no hard carrier.

Of course, the enemy team was a bit disorganized, no one build a Black King Bar, no detection for the Nature's Guise ganks and so on.

But the combination is strong. Just add some disable and you'll have a very good killing power and great regen with Chakra Magic and Living Armor.

Here's the match result: http://dotabuff.com/matches/378167043

- maercS

maercS

Notable (1)
Steam: maercS
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 11, 2013 9:17am | Report
maercS wrote:

I played a match with my friends, one of them was in low priority, so we tried something more fun: a triple mid with Bane, Keeper of the Light and Treant Protector. And it's pretty decent I do say. Nightmare into a full Illuminate followed by Leech Seed and Brain Sap make a good combo. Right clicks finish the job. Then we all begin to roam and rush dagons, this allowed us to snowball and win the game even with no hard carrier.

Of course, the enemy team was a bit disorganized, no one build a Black King Bar, no detection for the Nature's Guise ganks and so on.

But the combination is strong. Just add some disable and you'll have a very good killing power and great regen with Chakra Magic and Living Armor.

Here's the match result: http://dotabuff.com/matches/378167043

- maercS

O god that is ****ing hilarious, i would laugh my *** off if i was mid and suddenly a trilane appeared. Although it would feel uncomfortable to be blown up by 1000+ magic damage from a kotl.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved