Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hardest skill in the game to land?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hardest skill in the game to land? 39 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 30, 2013 9:41am | Report
Hook latches on any creep or hero

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 30, 2013 9:42am | Report
POTM's arrow isn't about the skill of using, but more the skill of positioning. against potm, you're always aware of the arrow - you know it will be coming at some point.. so Potm's need to mix it up, when it comes to launching it - so enemies won't expect the arrow from that angle..

for example, anyone who's played potm, if somehow you are behind the enemy, and launch an arrow? 9x out of 10 it will hit? right? the enemy aren't expecting it from that angle, that's why - not because you're pro with arrow.. (somewhere along) the side shops are always good places to launch from in laning phase.. just make sure they don't see you go in there too!

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » July 30, 2013 10:56am | Report
A good Rubick ult is hard to land. Sure it's just a click, but the positioning involved to steal and use a Rock or a Ravage before the enemy player uses another skill is quite an art.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GladFpoon » July 30, 2013 11:11am | Report
I agree with a good steal, but watching Na'Vi.KuroKy steal like ten rps in three games made me feel kind of jaded about Rubick steals as an art form :\
EDIT: Also, hitting someone with a random Sacred Arrow is 80 times easier than hitting someone with a random Meat Hook or Pounce

GladFpoon

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 31, 2013 1:07am | Report
In my opinion one of the hardest skills to land in game, is Crystal Maiden's ulti.
It requires a good positioning but also timing (waiting for stuns to be on CD and such).
9 out of 10 times I fail the ulti.
Actually 19 out of 20 is more accurate.

It is true that with a BKB or a blink dagger this can be made easier.
But plain positioning without extra items to help, definatly CM's ulti.
It's so easily f***ed. and CM is soooooo squishy. x(

Also I think a GOOD and USEFULL Shrapnel isn't seen alot :D

Elder Titan's ulti is also worth a mention.
A GOOD Vengeful Spirit swap also requires some pratice.
and the stun of Visage's minions isn't THAT simple.
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Steinaken » August 1, 2013 10:34pm | Report
what about skywraths ult? has a tiny AoE and has a delay.... good damage, but its barely two toons wide, and more often than not the enmy only needs to take those two steps out in the delay time....

Steinaken

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » August 2, 2013 12:46pm | Report
^^ true, unless you have a decent slow\stun, it is almost impossible to use it at full efficiency. Unless you have like perfect positioning or something... Never forget about Earthbind tho, my ability to land it is a bad as my ability to use the hero.
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 2, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Steinaken wrote:

what about skywraths ult? has a tiny AoE and has a delay.... good damage, but its barely two toons wide, and more often than not the enmy only needs to take those two steps out in the delay time....

landing it isn't that hard, but keeping them in it rather. If you have good co-ordination it also shouldn't be a problem to keep them in it. I have to agree tho it needs good timing and co-ordination, but the skill itself isn't all that hard to land

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » August 2, 2013 3:44pm | Report
I would say dark sear vacuum is the hardest. It is easy to land a GOOD vacuum but almost impossible to land a GREAT vacuum. Instead of training to get used to the range and speed of the spell you have to practice judgment and patience in team fights.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gr3nkutZ » August 3, 2013 5:40am | Report
the meepo Poof skill is pretty hard to land effectively, for me it's the hardest

Gr3nkutZ

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved