Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Early game Meepo jungle

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Early game Meepo jungle 13 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Viable?
Yes
Yes, but risky
Situational
Not possible in all games
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 23, 2014 12:27pm | Report
I've thought about it, and with the new buff to Divided We Stand, Meepo could be start jungling at an earlier level.

In the beginning of the game, Meepo could go to the easy lane with another carry and a support, and then start double-pulling a lot until he reaches level 3, stacking the hard camp in between pulls. With the clone, he can jungle quite fast and effectively and also assist in destroying the enemy offlaner(s) with the aforementioned carry and support. After farming Power Treads and Blink Dagger, he can start his ganking spree and start snowballing, while giving the carry a of space to farm.

The downside is that if Meepo is interrupted and killed while jungling, he can't snowball as hard and becomes a little useless during the mid game. Repeated ganks by heroes like Mirana makes it difficult for Meepo to farm, and if the enemy REALLY hates you, they will also send roaming supports after you with their midlaner. However, this can be mitigated by good ward coverage.

So, do you think this is viable? Is it consistent or high-risk, high-reward?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 23, 2014 1:50pm | Report
maybe

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 23, 2014 3:06pm | Report
i dislike it for the same reason i dislike jungle prophet, it leaves you with 1 support. every team should have 2 and in this situation you have a carry, a mid, an offlaner, and a meepo who will want to farm a lot of places on the map.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 23, 2014 4:34pm | Report
First, Meepo can actually jungle from level 1: get Shield and Axe, stack the big camp every X:53 and kill the medium camp (or small camp if you're in a lower bracket and supports don't pull) between the stacking; after 4-5 minutes you can start Poof-farming the stacked camp and get some levels, after which you have two Meepos. I haven't tried this, but it's based on the typical Batrider or Dark Seer jungling style and should work, maybe leaving you a bit underlevelled early on but we all know Meepo excels at getting quick experience. You might need a first-item Bottle to keep your HP high, and in this case bottle crowing is essential.

About your idea, I think it would just mess up your laning: you're basically suggesting trilaning with a support Meepo until level 3, and while I don't think it's impossible, I'm pretty sure you would get a quicker level 3 (or at least much more gold by level 3) by jungling as I said above. I'd just play him as a safe lane carry (or in the mid lane, though many of you would disagree on that) and, past level 3, stack camps with the second Meepo and farm them after 2-3 stacks. I don't think a full-jungling level 3 Meepo can get much gold out of his early game, but leaving the first one in lane and using second one to stack, pull or get experience from other lanes improves your experience income by a lot.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » February 23, 2014 5:27pm | Report
I actually do pretty well with meepo jungling. I have not done it in more then a few all random matches and I don't believe a higher level of play would miss the chance to catch a lone meepo early but so far I have done pretty well with it, even before Divideds level was lowered to 3. I just have to offlane with someone till 4 (3 now) usually doing a lot of pulling.

9black

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 23, 2014 5:37pm | Report
9black wrote:

[...]I have not done it in more then a few all random matches[...]

I swear I get a Meepo 90% of the time when I go all-radom with four friends.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 23, 2014 6:01pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

i dislike it for the same reason i dislike jungle prophet, it leaves you with 1 support. every team should have 2 and in this situation you have a carry, a mid, an offlaner, and a meepo who will want to farm a lot of places on the map.

This ^

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 23, 2014 7:09pm | Report
What about leaving the hard lane with no Heroes then, like teams do with Batrider and sometimes Nature's Prophet and Dark Seer?

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 23, 2014 7:59pm | Report

What about leaving the hard lane with no Heroes then, like teams do with Batrider and sometimes Nature's Prophet and Dark Seer?

You could, but you will still screw up support pulls and there is really little reason to not just lane.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » February 24, 2014 1:24am | Report
I prefer jungling with Meepo because its far easier to get gold to me. I'm not excellent at last hitting while being harassed with just a squishy hero.

9black

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved