Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Drafting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Drafting 56 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 24, 2014 2:09am | Report
I'm not entirely sure how you "Fed" Terrorblade, but I think the main reason you lost was pure greed... Warlock needs too much Farm to be effective as a Support, 1 Golem stops being intimidating after 30:00 and turns into easy food...I think I see what you mean by "Feeding" Terrorblade...and your Roaming Mirana was also trying to Farm. You basically ended up with no possible Hard Support. Grabbing a Roaming Mirana is ok, but you should have gotten a Dazzle for Hard Support, he provides more for less as a Support than a Warlock.

Secondly, Exort Invoker? Pls, go Quas-Exort and take Towers when you're up against a Passive Mid like Pudge. You can Push without straying into Meat Hook range by sending your Forge Spirits out to attack the Tower themselves, or to Scout.

Aside from that, you probably could have used another Hero with a Skill that clears Creep Waves (like Starfall), and a Shadow Blade on Slark so he could go hunting, but that's about it.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 24, 2014 2:25am | Report
Guys this game was all pick. Terrorblade isnt in CM yet.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 24, 2014 2:39am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Guys this game was all pick. Terrorblade isnt in CM yet.

Meh, the question is mainly about Lineups, plus we'll all have to start thinking about how to deal with Terrorblade in CM eventually! D{8

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » April 25, 2014 9:23am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

ahhh Xyrus you are like my new favorite person i swear :) ...

ok so i tried your Clockwerk Invoker (exort) combo last night in All pick.

Match ID: 623487867

1) Lineup is very greedy. Nobody can function remotely well as a #5. Terrorblade's main strength is pushing hard from level 7, and you can't really dedicate much to stopping him since everyone on your team needs levels to be effective.

2) A lot reliance on pickoffs. This is the same issue your opponent had in your previous game. These lineups (shouldn't) work unless you're dealing with a team obviously playing for the very late game.

Honestly you should have lost. 6-18 down with a fed TB should always be a loss, I don't have a replay but I'm guessing they never put serious pressure on high ground and instead split up to farm, letting you back in the game via a couple of easy pickoffs.

Mirana pick was overkill. Clock's far better as a solo and a clock/voker combo shouldn't need help getting kills. Ancient Apparition would have been a lot better if you thought you needed extra damage.

Slark pick doesn't fit. You want a carry with AOE, since you're getting almost none from mid and offlane.

Warlock isn't good either. Fatal Bonds gets ****blocked by illusions, a decent Rubick will steal his ult every time, and he's very level/farm hungry for a support.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 27, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Match id: 628295175

silencer carry FTW.

we won easily ... the lads played well, there picks were weird and the game went nicely.

Match id: 630367355

long game.

now this one looks like i fed but i was 7-1-6 by 20 mins ... i was basically 3 shotting cm and lina... CK had trouble getting his farm with our Disrupter constantly trying to last hit and timbersaw was first time solo offlane... i owned lina in lane ... got first blood and just owned...

then they started focusing me .. like crazy.

every team fight... all abilities on silencer... we won 4 team fights because they used 3 ulti's on me and had nothing left for the rest of the lads.

jugg was getting farmed just cause he would survive ... 35 mins in he came out with bf sange and yasha and ags ... we started losing from there and then about 45mins in sandking landed the biggest ulti of ALL time from his hiding spot in the trees and we just steam rolled from there with chaos finding some serious farm speed (massive commend for him). pushed through till teir 4 then got the ancient down to 20hp but we all died when jugg came back in... only sk was left he burrow striked jugg and ran to the ancient for the final hit.

this one i thought we picked best.they had a very "classical" lineup. but yea.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 28, 2014 9:09am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Match id: 628295175

silencer carry FTW.

we won easily ... the lads played well, there picks were weird and the game went nicely.

No BKB? Tsk tsk tsk... -_-

Also, Spectre AND Naga Siren? talk about greedy...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 28, 2014 10:52am | Report
Jeezus it is alteady greedy to put either carry naga or spectre i a dual lane let alone BOTH naga and spectre.

Naga can kind of take care of herself but spectre needs protection from her team. And it is completely unneeded to take 2 of the top 3 hardest carries in the game.
Well naga an go a support build but she went radiance this game.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 28, 2014 5:00pm | Report
i want to pick better hero's but its sooo ******** hard cause im like ok lads this is the line up...

i want an aa ss spectre trilane with a invoker mid and clockwerk offlane ....and they go .... i hate playing aa i dont want to play aa and i go ok ill play aa then 2 people go i want to play spectre so i pick one and then no one wants to play ss.... then i get the guy wanting to play spectre change his mind and want to play invoker. then the guy saying he will play ss says he doesnt want to after all he wants warlock.

my role is usually pos 3-2 but i started with hard support pos 5 (like everyone should!!)

our pos 1 is pretty damn good his farm speed is incredible so he likes the hard hard carries since he makes them come online quicker. but i see what your on about ...

hmmm i think im just going to captain from now on and tell them to suck it up and go what i pick for them hahaha ...

can you post up some cptmde drafts that you made xyrus so i can have a look? :)

also you too tim if posible :)

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 29, 2014 12:18am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

hmmm i think im just going to captain from now on and tell them to suck it up and go what i pick for them hahaha ...

That's how Captain's Mode works, one person makes the decisions, the rest follow up on it...even if it means Aggressive Tri-Lane Slark T-T
Smuggels wrote:

can you post up some cptmde drafts that you made xyrus so i can have a look? :)

Haven't done any in a while, I'll see if I can steal the Captain's chair and do something tonight <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 29, 2014 2:07am | Report
Xyrus is right, when i draft i will ask what kind of heroes or roles they prefer to play but i wont adapt myself to their wishes. I will stay with my strategy and what heroes are good against theirs.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/605403540
I didnt draft this myself but a friend did, but he is a good drafter and i understand the picks.

We started out with basic bans, invoker and death prophet is also banned often in pub CM.
Becouse their first 2 bans were really questionable we went for 2 really strong heroes that dont give away a certain strategy. AA and batrider.
They picked 2 good teamfight supports, one who is decent at initiating them.
We banned ember becouse he is strong and has a spammable spell in sleight of fist and puck becouse he is a good initiator and counterinitiator against batrider.
Suprise pugna pick, they dont have good counterpush supports and sand king needs his blink before he can fight properly. So we hopenwe can build a good tower advantage early. +the ward will disrupt SK blinking after epicenter.
They get bristleback for the offlane, and magnus for initiation and counterpush.
We get a luna, which gives us a good pushing carry with a great timing push and strong lategame potential. Along with good teamfight, and she makes the trilane even stronger against bristleback.
Our lockdown depends completely on lasso (and later static storm) so we ban weaver.
We pick disruptor for better teamfight and counter initiation.

Our lineup is a pushing strat with pugna as in the 2 position, so we dont completely depend on him to win early, he just gives us a way to get an early advantage.
My job on batrider is to look around in firefly and pick off a target so we can push the tower without resistance becouse it is a 4v5. AA helps both in the pickoff and teamfight department. Distruptor is great against magnus, becouse he shouldnt ever be in range of reverse polarity he drops his ultimate on top of the initiating magnus, which makes his followup really hard and prevents the team from jumping the stunned targets.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved