Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dagon Rework Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dagon Rework Idea 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » October 19, 2015 11:03am | Report
So, I just had an idea about reworking dagon. It goes a little something like this:

-First off, dagon can no longer be leveled up by purchasing additional recipes.

-Rather, you get it to level up by getting kills with the item (1 kill levels it up to 2, second kill to 3 and so on until level 5).

-In order to level up, the killing blow must be dealt with the dagon burst, so getting an assist with it or if you get the killing blow by other means (such as Reaper's Scythe or Ice Blast shatter) or if it didn't "kill" the target (i.e. it merely triggered Reincarnation or Aegis of the Immortal ), dagon will not level up.

-Now here's the downside, if you die with a leveled up dagon, the level will be reset back to one upon respawning (Regardless if you had a level 2 or 5). In addition, should you sell a leveled dagon and buy a new one, the new dagon will be level one (the level of the dagon does not increase the amount of gold you get for selling it, it will always be sold be 1360 gold).

-Now for the fun part, should you kill another hero with a dagon with your own dagon, you will get their levels. So if you killed a hero holding a level 3 with your level 1, it will automatically level up to a level 4 dagon (Killing someone with a level 5 dagon with level yours up to level 5 regardless of what level you have). Like wise, should you be killed with a leveled dagon by someone else's dagon, they will get your levels.

So what do you guys think of this idea? OP? Gimmicky? Broken? Anything you can think of to make it a better or more balanced idea?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » October 19, 2015 11:40am | Report
Please implement. Dagon as it is now is the most boring item in Dota, so this original change is welcomed ahah

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 19, 2015 11:43am | Report
Fedorable wrote:

In order to level up, the killing blow must be dealt with the dagon burst

So let me get this straight, you want to actually *reward* people for killstealing with dagon?

Fedofrog what have you done???? XD XD XD

(more seriously I like the idea of reworking Dagon 2 to 5, I love Dagon 1 but I hate its upgrades)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 19, 2015 12:08pm | Report
So you want to turn Dota into Dagonfest? U sirius?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MiraclEsHere » October 19, 2015 3:07pm | Report
-Likes Nyx Assassin- As a dagon user, i enjoy dagon, as a common user of the item, this is a very bad idea.

MiraclEsHere

Steam: MiraclEsHere
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 19, 2015 7:09pm | Report
Dagon's pretty good as is. I liked the idea of the reverting dagon but the part where you get the levels of the killed dagon user will turn the game into a dagon fest.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » October 20, 2015 2:03pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

So you want to turn Dota into Dagonfest?

I fail to see the probelm

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » October 20, 2015 3:07pm | Report
The level resetting when you die would turn Dagon into a waste of an Item slot if the game goes on very long at all.

However, a Dagon wars custom game mode based on this idea would be awesome.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 20, 2015 4:15pm | Report
This would make a great gamemode like Apaz said.

However this is just too strong on snowballing heroes, and would be a waste in the late game.

I think that Dagon should remove a percentage of health like Huskars ult, and this would scale up if you managed to kill a hero within 3-5 seconds of using the item on that hero.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved