Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Community Discussion: Octarine Core Puck

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Community Discussion: Octarine Core Puck 24 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » June 24, 2015 10:12am | Report
It's good for that, yeah, but Eul's can also interrupt tp's and isn't that much more expensive, and synergizes better with Puck. Or would you get both in that scenario?

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » June 24, 2015 11:22am | Report
You don't want to buy a Force Staff because you don't benefit from a second mobility item that much (like, it's not as key as on ES or Centaur, or Tide), and blink is the outright better choice for Puck. There will probably be games where you build into it (Like if you are against a Clock).

Like, it's an item at least one of your supports will end up building, and they'll usually get it at the time you stop being able to burst people down in coil (Assuming they are competant with timings). Also as somebody rightly pointed out, you can build Eul's for the additional purpose of stopping TP's, and it synergises well.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 24, 2015 2:43pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

You don't want to buy a Force Staff because you don't benefit from a second mobility item that much (like, it's not as key as on ES or Centaur, or Tide), and blink is the outright better choice for Puck. There will probably be games where you build into it (Like if you are against a Clock).

Like, it's an item at least one of your supports will end up building, and they'll usually get it at the time you stop being able to burst people down in coil (Assuming they are competant with timings). Also as somebody rightly pointed out, you can build Eul's for the additional purpose of stopping TP's, and it synergises well.

Yeah, in pubs no one builds Force Staff... At my level anyway.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » June 24, 2015 3:22pm | Report
Same at my level, but if I get it myself, in most of my games, if I manage to use it effectively on someone but myself more than once, that's a lot. So, the item has to be absolutely worth it ony my hero to get it, which I feel it isn't on Puck, considering the alternatives. I suppose I would build it if I feel my team really needs it and no other natural Force carrier is in the lineup, because there are worse heroes to have the item on.

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved