Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can. tinker carry mek? If so can he be a support?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Can. tinker carry mek? If so can he be a support? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 28, 2014 1:09am | Report
As I was playing tiker I noticed. most of the time you tp with your Boots of Travel and try to gank the lane I sometimes feel bad for the people you just passed through so I realized what if tinker had a Mekansm he could be a roaming semi-support/semi-carry/pusher which would
be awesome since he has global presence.
I do not know if Rearm refreshes Mekansm but it will still be cool if it doesnt.

Please dont get the wrong idea, im asking so dont go all its stupid etc.

Just post if its viable.

Is it a waste of 2300 gold?
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 28, 2014 1:36am | Report
You cant use mek again on an ally untill the extra armor debuff om them is gone. So there isnt much synergy with rearm.

Mek also doesnt have anything to do with supporting. Being a support means you dont get farm in lane, not healing or anything. And if you play tinker as a support your core will be really late. Since you need sould ring, bottle, travels and blink just to function normally.

If you look at that you see tinker needs all of his item slots BADLY, at the end of the game you also start swapping out items. So there isnt really a place for a mek.
And it doesnt synergise that well anyway.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 28, 2014 1:59am | Report
Yeah, there are a few items that don't work with Rearm - Mekansm will actually become active again, but as Timm said, it can't "re-affect" anyone who's already been healed in the last 25 (?) seconds or so. Hence why you should never have 2 meks on the same team.

Tbh Tinker really benefits so much from farm, his entire game is built and balanced around getting active items - without Boots of Travel he can't get the mana he needs, or the mobility to get where he's needed. It's one of the most core items in the game. He has no CC, he has to carry.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 28, 2014 4:08am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

You cant use mek again on an ally untill the extra armor debuff om them is gone. So there isnt much synergy with rearm.

Mek also doesnt have anything to do with supporting. Being a support means you dont get farm in lane, not healing or anything. And if you play tinker as a support your core will be really late. Since you need sould ring, bottle, travels and blink just to function normally.

If you look at that you see tinker needs all of his item slots BADLY, at the end of the game you also start swapping out items. So there isnt really a place for a mek.
And it doesnt synergise that well anyway.

Pretty much this ^

The best Mekansm carriers are Tanky Heroes who can live long enough to pop it when it's needed most. As a Tinker you should be teleporting round the Map Split-Pushing most of the time, so it's not going to help your Team much if a fight breaks out before you can get there.

Also, it's as Tim said, Tinker is way to greedy to be a Support. In order to be a Support, a Hero needs to be able to protect the Cores early on with only minimal Farm and Exp. Tinker sucks without Levels and/or Gold.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 28, 2014 6:39am | Report
You can get Mek on Tinker. It's not horrible, it's just a bit awkward. I can't say it's bad, although as said before *it has no specific synergy with Rearm*.
Mek on Tinker sounds a bit like Mek on Furion : it's good for early push strats. However Mek on Furion is better because Furion doesn't need BoTs.

Tinker is essentially only viable as a solo laner though. Tinker is not a support for the same reason as Dark Seer is not a support : he's a greedy space-taking utility hero who can't do anything to help your carries farm.

If you want to build full utility on Tinker, rushing Scythe of Vyse essentially outshines any other build you can think of. Nothing beats permasheep :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » August 28, 2014 7:09am | Report
I just thought of it but why not Rearm with euls? It sounds really fun, SEA pubgamers recently started using mjolnir too. And about mek, its just weird :/

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 28, 2014 7:23am | Report
How about Arcane Boots I mean like with a soul ring and arcane boots its Really hard to run out of mana really.
Euls is just hilarious and heavens halberd will really **** those carries up :3
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 28, 2014 7:37am | Report
Rearm works with everything except Black King Bar, Arcane Boots, Helm of the Dominator, Hand of Midas, Refresher Orb, Linken's Sphere, Bottle and Necronomicon. It also has a funny interaction with Manta Style (i.e you can't have more than 2 active illusions).

Tinker is a "utility carry", it's all about getting effective active items into his inventory and their synergy with Rearm. More mana is a big boost too - as he eats the stuff.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 28, 2014 7:44am | Report
Sando wrote:

Rearm works with everything except Black King Bar, Arcane Boots, Helm of the Dominator, Hand of Midas, Refresher Orb, Linken's Sphere, Bottle and Necronomicon. It also has a funny interaction with Manta Style (i.e you can't have more than 2 active illusions).

Tinker is a "utility carry", it's all about getting effective active items into his inventory and their synergy with Rearm. More mana is a big boost too - as he eats the stuff.

It'll be pretty funny if you could rearm Refresher Orb.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » August 28, 2014 8:46am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

It'll be pretty funny if you could rearm Refresher Orb.

7th slot refresher to refresh BKB endlessly 8D

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved