Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Baloney Scenarios 1

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Baloney Scenarios 1 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by baloneyhambacon » August 23, 2014 8:29pm | Report
So my last scenario was rubbish. Wasn't even named properly. Gotta have that processed meat.
Anyways, here's another scenario. There's a Tidehunter, Earthshaker, Magnus, Ancient Apparition, Enigma, and all the heroes with Aghs upgrades build Aghs (and Blink Daggers obviously). So... What would happen? How would it play out? How would you draft against it? etc etc
Use your imagination.

baloneyhambacon

Notable (2)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » August 23, 2014 8:46pm | Report
My draft against it would be Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Warlock, 2 tanky carries. This would give me suficent split push to take towers while they 5 man. This would also let my 2 carries survive the brunt of the spells, and warlock can be very powerful in team fights. The other team also doesn't ahve too much tower push potential outside of Enigma.

The way your team would have to play is tidehunter using ravage to start the fight, magnus using [[skewer to clump 4 of them into blakhole, then have AA ult the black hole, and have the 5th guy who wasn't skwered taken out by Earthshaker. Problem though, is that my team will only have 3 people, and [[warlock sitting in the back waiting for the initiation to counter initiate. My 2 carries, probably strenghth should be tanky enough to survive up to the point where enigma has aghs, but then the porpuse of those 3 heros is to buy time fore NP and Lycan to take rax and force you back.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 23, 2014 10:12pm | Report
First, how do you lane them? I assume Magnus mid, Enigma jungle, aa+shaker safelane and tide offlane?

How about:
Wraith King safelane #1 - can survive an initiation, draws attention, great carry overall.
Kunkka mid #2 - has great counter-initiation through BKB, and reks Magnus mid.
Clockwerk+ Dark Seer offlane #3 & 4 (or vice-versa, not that much of a deal) - great allies for LS and Kunkka, good lane killing combo, decent counter-initiation(though wall is pretty useless).
Silencer safelane #5 - for Global Silence and lane harass.

So, ideally, every lane is rekt, nice 30-min Blink Dagger Tide :)

Or just go rat doto.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 24, 2014 12:22am | Report
They're too many initiators and in my experiences with them, if the other team has a mediocre farmed carry with bkb, the initiators team will obviously lose the game . Because most of their damage are magical from their skillset. (Except enigma, can be a chance).
Balance the roles would be much easier IMO.

I would pick Dragon Knight because of his strength and core item bkb! would pick Lich to destroy position and support lane well for carry. Nature prophet to farm shadow blade and orchid. Alchemist carry so I won't be the only one who would carry bkb (I'm fam of DK). And Timbersaw on the offline because the initiator team does not have a great lane presence (aa does not have reliable disable, duh).
Spoiler: Click to view

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by baloneyhambacon » August 24, 2014 12:32am | Report
Mercynary5 wrote:

They're too many initiators and in my experiences with them, if the other team has a mediocre farmed carry with bkb, the initiators team will obviously lose the game . Because most of their damage are magical from their skillset. (Except enigma, can be a chance).
Balance the roles would be much easier IMO.

I would pick Dragon Knight because of his strength and core item bkb! would pick Lich to destroy position and support lane well for carry. Nature prophet to farm shadow blade and orchid. Alchemist carry so I won't be the only one who would carry bkb (I'm fam of DK). And Timbersaw on the offline because the initiator team does not have a great lane presence if they can't go aggressive.

Well magic damage and disables are easily countered but if magnus, tide, or shaker catch five people by suprise, they would be chain disabled and could be chain ulted to death, but then the other team could just constantly avoid teamfights and never 5man push.

baloneyhambacon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 24, 2014 1:13am | Report

Well magic damage and disables are easily countered but if magnus, tide, or shaker catch five people by suprise, they would be chain disabled and could be chain ulted to death, but then the other team could just constantly avoid teamfights and never 5man push.

Your thought what I had thought, and you haven't judged my heroes yet. the bkb duration is 10 sec it may be not that matter, but me and timbersaw can gank early to any lane before 10 minutes. With great nuke and reliable stun, like your Magnus can. but If my team is in trouble, Lich can bring devastating Chain Frost if initiator team are standing still, I don't see how your initiator team can stand up against it. Lich will always stay back no matter what. Your aa and tide hunter can be devastating too.

Instead we can't never 5man push, me and alchemist can farm at ease and we'll wait for initiator team instead until the late game is approaching. Nature prophet will try his best to split push with his desolator and orchid. Though he should be able to gank with just Midas and power threads to control early game. If my team is keep getting screwed by your early gank, it's gonna be very deep details thanks to the amount of initiators and semi carries, though.. Can you push too with just Enigma? Late game will win for my team. As alchemist can farm very fast if played well.

(I usually don't want silencer because I need better output damage to control early game)

Edit: my DK can man up by himself with bkb against initiator team. Explain how you will go against him while nature prophet is controlling the lanes. While initiator team has fragile hp

Edit 2: basically, if my team lost in early game, the initiator team will win. But if the initiator lost in early game, my team will win. I feel I don't need nature prophet in that kind of game unless I want to control the lanes much. I would have picked Vengeful Spirit as a roamer to control early game as well.

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by baloneyhambacon » August 24, 2014 1:57am | Report
Mercynary5 wrote:

Your thought what I had thought, and you haven't judged my heroes yet. the bkb duration is 10 sec it may be not that matter, but me and timbersaw can gank early to any lane before 10 minutes. With great nuke and reliable stun, like your Magnus can. but If my team is in trouble, Lich can bring devastating Chain Frost if initiator team are standing still, I don't see how your initiator team can stand up against it. Lich will always stay back no matter what. Your aa and tide hunter can be devastating too.

Instead we can't never 5man push, me and alchemist can farm at ease and we'll wait for initiator team instead until the late game is approaching. Nature prophet will try his best to split push with his desolator and orchid. Though he should be able to gank with just Midas and power threads to control early game. If my team is keep getting screwed by your early gank, it's gonna be very deep details thanks to the amount of initiators and semi carries, though.. Can you push too with just Enigma? Late game will win for my team. As alchemist can farm very fast if played well.

(I usually don't want silencer because I need better output damage to control early game)

Edit: my DK can man up by himself with bkb against initiator team. Explain how you will go against him while nature prophet is controlling the lanes. While initiator team has fragile hp

Edit 2: basically, if my team lost in early game, the initiator team will win. But if the initiator lost in early game, my team will win. I feel I don't need nature prophet in that kind of game unless I want to control the lanes much. I would have picked Vengeful Spirit as a roamer to control early game as well.

So basically against a team of initiators you need to control the early game, not get caught out of position, and split push ?

baloneyhambacon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mercynary5 » August 24, 2014 2:02am | Report
Yeah, controlling early game can change for more golds and xp, if you ever faced initiator team and somehow you won, you can see how small output damage they are in late game. Alchemist and Dragon Knight can survive it with bkb. And initiator team has really high cooldown so we will keep pushing.

Not by position. Just control the early game does really matter because the initiator heroes does not scale well with chaining abilities.

Though the facts we got here.. I can't really predict who will win. a team with balanced role can probably win the game.

Mercynary5

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 24, 2014 2:59am | Report
As with most theoretical lineups that invole a Jungler, the easy way to win is with an Aggressive Tri-Lane that turns into a Deathball strat. GG at 20:00 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 24, 2014 3:28am | Report
My strategy : Squeak squeak. Full rat dota, never fight a single teamfight, just split push and gank all game long.
Baloney's 5 heroes are useless outside of teamfights and they cannot gank. They're not very good at pushing either with the exception of Enigma.
Baloney's team lacks disables, so a Weaver, Anti-Mage, Morphling or Storm Spirit are pretty good counters to this lineup, they are unstoppable split pushers with e.g a Linken's Sphere.

I'd do something like Weaver carry, Nature's Prophet offlane, Storm Spirit mid, Io and Keeper of the Light supports. Full map mobiliity, full rat dota, with a KOTL to counterpush on his own and the rest of the team farming and split pushing. Naga Siren or Clinkz carry works as well.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved