Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86 Wishlist

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.86 Wishlist 52 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 19, 2015 11:20pm | Report
That would be pretty silly though. I mean, have him sit in his ancient all game long because he can do everything from there? Why?

I actually like how his ult works on ancients now. He can use tanky magic immune creeps to look for kills in the enemy part of the map without taking too much risks himself. Almost a viable way to solo kill now. Almost.

His skill design is fine, It's just, apart from Rage which is *one* skill that's awesome, his other skills are pretty ******* weak and could use buffs. Buffs, not reworks.

I agree that the hero *could* be good with some help though. Free BKB on a carry is really good, and being level-independent as he is is also really good. Right now however, he clearly isn't...both in pubs and in competitive.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 19, 2015 11:25pm | Report
Morphling is in a weird place right now. I admit it.
It is all about meta game and it does make some heroes and in some cases, hero abilities redundant/useless.

Honestly, morphling is a play on a shifter. Shifting stats and changing his structure.

Now that is beautiful! His W is very thematic and needs to be so.

At one point, we thought what if his adaptive strike was inverted( namely, agi provided stun and str provided dmg)? Well it would need some balances and is viable but it completely takes away his Eblade shotgun build. And I like that build. This also counteracts upon the glimmers' protection to the targeted enemy.

Making it disjointable is again not a very good option.

So I am brainstorming over it. And hopefully we will have a good solution that is flexible and has the ability to be introduced in to the game.

Till then , I request you all to keep up the good work
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 20, 2015 12:20am | Report

So I am brainstorming over it. And hopefully we will have a good solution that is flexible and has the ability to be introduced in to the game.

Typical Icefrog move. "Hey I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm sure I'll come up with something at the last minute that definitely won't involve buffing good heroes for no reason or making some weak heroes unplayable as collateral damage. Meanwhile I'll just finish smoking this bag of Amsterdam's Finest and if you want to support my source of inspiration you can just donate to my swiss Hat Fund".

Thanks OSFrog

Keepo.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » November 20, 2015 1:05am | Report
Quoted:
Typical Icefrog move. "Hey I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm sure I'll come up with something at the last minute that definitely won't involve buffing good heroes for no reason or making some weak heroes unplayable as collateral damage. Meanwhile I'll just finish smoking this bag of Amsterdam's Finest and if you want to support my source of inspiration you can just donate to my swiss Hat Fund".

And unluckily he made already good undy insane with his 'last moment' buff also leshrac needs some reworking , I am thinking over it he is unplayable now same with ud except he is utterly op now.

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 20, 2015 1:17am | Report
Nah seriously, Adaptive Strike is pretty good, just needs a bit of a base damage buff to like 50/100/150/200 or something. Maybe a bit less.

Can't really buff Morph's INT, or we have an unkillable hero with the morphing to Strength, especially earlygame.

I think he needs a second scaling nuke tbh, because Waveform is just so useless for damage lategame. It'd be thematic as well, on the 'half rightclicks half nukes' aspect of the hero.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 20, 2015 1:28am | Report
I told you that he needs rebalancing.
One moment you are swooning over how Morph is on your 6.86 wishlist, the next you are whaling me for sharing my efforts to realize your dreams.

Man, you kids are so fickle.

@Teratheil: Noted.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 20, 2015 2:18am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

It's not a 4.25 second stun on carry Morph. Carry Morph is always full agility and pretty much never uses the stun, he only uses the nuke. Only offlane Morph or support Morph use the stun.
Carry Morph can only use the stun if he takes a lot of damage and has to morph full strength. It's very rare...and he only does it to save his own life anyways at that point.

Offlane Morph is still going to be terrible even if you increase the damage by a bit.

adaptive strike on a full agility Morphling is pretty much garbage right now. Low damage and easily dodged.

Maybe, and it's fair comment that you have to be below 50% agi at that point...I just find it extremely irritating on a lot of supports when he rocks up with that. My Bane is like "huh I have to stand here for 5 seconds channelling for 0.75 seconds more stun, and he can just turn up and do that?"

Hamstertamer wrote:

Naix can slow from 70% to 0% every 12 seconds (slow amount decreases with time) for 110 mana. Meanwhile, Slark can completely stop movement for 3.5 seconds every 8 seconds on a skill that is also a Blink and a nuke...for 75 mana.

Open Wounds was overpowered a long time ago when the cast range was 600 at every level. Simply because it was a free first blood. But now that it's 200 range on level 1 and the hero's early kill potential is a joke...pls :)

Especially since offlaners generally have escape skills, making slows kind of useless early.

Pfft Hamster, you can't use a skill we've both complained about so frequently as a counter-example :). Besides, it's arguable Open Wounds is a better skill later on - 50% all damage stealing for your whole team is really pretty strong if you can get it onto their tanky initiator or core.

Open Wounds can be a good first blood spell if you've got some setup from your support(s) to get you in range. It can also turn around gank attempts, especially when combined with Rage.

Hamstertamer wrote:

He can come online very early and has a free BKB. Yes. But :
- He can't farm. Especially since he wastes lots of time on the taxi.
- He can't solo kill because he can't initiate on his own.
- His laning stage is terrible
- He has problems carrying at any point in the game because he's completely single target and has no mobility in fights (even a farmed naix will only kill one hero in a fight)

Pretty much 3/4 of the things that make a good carry are in the red on the poor dawg.

I'd agree he has some farming issues, often goes Midas and/or Maelstrom to try and get some speed on it, and even then he can't flash farm like many of the meta heroes. His mobility/kill potential in fights is very dependent on his team, like most melee carries, and he has got slow + free bkb + free ride into middle of the fight, so a little better than most I'd say.

Laning...depends. He can sustain well, is difficult to take down thanks to his skills...a pretty good trilane carry (not Sven or Slark good, obviously). Yeah I wouldn't want to solo lane him against Viper or something though. He can early jungle better than most if he's forced to, even though it's pretty slow.

I take your points re: Ti3 onwards...but he was picked A LOT for a while, like almost every game, before the nerfs. He's actually a pretty good fit for the brawling meta thanks to his skills and how fast he comes online.

But I would agree...some minor buffs needed. Some kind of mana cost reduction or way of restoring it would be helpful...not quite sure what can be done about making him more ganky or better at farming without rework, but I agree he needs a little more help here.

I'd also say it again - the current stacking/flash farming meta is hurting a lot of heroes who lack those AOE skills, and making them unviable.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 20, 2015 6:06am | Report
i wish my fav heroes came back.

Weaver, Morphling and Nature's Prophet.

Pls let me rat again ;_;

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » November 30, 2015 3:10pm | Report

Morph Agility gainMorph Strength gain
RIP Morphling.

Born into the meta: TI2
Died out of the meta: Shortly after TI2, never to return

Never Forget.

Seriously though, Morphling was one of my favorite heroes until I realized how **** he was. I think the way to buff him is to make his attack range longer, because he gets kited around right now. His Ethereal Blade/Adaptive Strike is actually balanced right now, we just need to be able to DPS with him.

I figure that if he gets buffed enough that his winrate rises to about 46% and he's picked once in a while competitively, I'll be happy.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 1, 2015 2:43am | Report
I'm maybe repeating myself but this has to be done :

Animal Courier purchase button now has a 4 minute cooldown after the timer reaches 0:00

Courier feeding can stop *forever* simply by inputting this extremely simple limitation, that doesn't limit buying several couriers in any way during the course of a game, and that doesn't even prevent buying several couriers at the start of a game.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved