Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

World Cup 2014

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » World Cup 2014 52 posts - page 3 of 6

Poll Question:

Who will win the cup?
Germany
France
Argentina
Belgium
The Netherlands
Costa rica
Brazil
Colombia
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » July 5, 2014 5:58pm | Report
Costa Rica played with their hearts, played believing they could win (And they almost did it!) - something Belgium didn't.

I hoping for Germany. I from Brazil, but Brazil has to play a perfect match against Germany, especially now that Neymar is off. Tthe team got better with the changes made against Colombia, but it has to get better to face the germans.

And Argentina can't win, no matter what! Hahahaha

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 5, 2014 8:49pm | Report
Belgium's goalie today was undefeated... Before today. Netherlands created many opportunities but couldn't exploit them. Brazil is down Neymar and Silva. Crazy Cup so far. Hopefully Argentina gets high before the game and plays with the skill of a two year old... Hopefully.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 8, 2014 1:40pm | Report
HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH. Those coke'ed up brazillians are getting anal fisted by germany. Absolutely amazing!!!!!! =D

Only thing is that im getting a little bit afraid of them now.

I wonder if the brazillians wil come back after 45 minutes?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 8, 2014 4:18pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

How are the Dutch consistently good when their strikers are carrying? Their defenders are really young and inexperienced. Did you see David Luiz's goal from that free kick yesterday? That's the real deal. Brazil didn't even have to score with their strikers agaist Columbia, their defenders did it for them.

Overall Brazil's value and players is better than Netherland's, while almost every player from Brazil plays at a top tier team in Europe (looking at you, Fred) Netherlands doesn't really have that many good players anymore, sure, the strikers are there, but look where they got,(looking at you, Snejder, from Inter to Galatasaray) and they had no real achievements these years (why do you think Huntelaar was a reserve for so long - he only saw the pitch for 10 minutes in the end of the game where he scored from a penalty kick granpa Robben got).

Yes. I agree. Brazil is sooooo good that when they lose two players they turn into a pile of [insert rude word here]. That's how good they are. I see your point.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 8, 2014 4:38pm | Report
You sarcasm is noted.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 8, 2014 6:08pm | Report
My notes are sarcastic...

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » July 8, 2014 7:04pm | Report

But Seriously...

the Netherlands got this.

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 9, 2014 3:46am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Yes. I agree. Brazil is sooooo good that when they lose two players they turn into a pile of [insert rude word here]. That's how good they are. I see your point.

Rub it in. You know my statement has a real high general truth. How many people would have bet on Germany scoring 5 goals in the first half? Absolutely none.

Maracanazo 2.0

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 9, 2014 4:31am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Rub it in. You know my statement has a real high general truth. How many people would have bet on Germany scoring 5 goals in the first half? Absolutely none.

Maracanazo 2.0

I do get what you're saying. I just had to get my "I told you so" in there. What Germany did was unexpected and completely avoidable on Brazil's part. They just fall to pieces without Silva. They need Neymar for goal scoring but Silva organizes the defense. The Dutch defense organize themselves.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » July 9, 2014 6:26am | Report
Brazil didn't lost because there was no Thiago Silva. If he was there, it would be 7x1 in anyway. Brazil lost because the coach (Felipão) had no options to substitute Neymar and entered with the same team that did mediocre matches, at it's best against Colombia and Cameroon. He didn't think about an strategy or something.

There was a hole in the midfield - all goals from Germany started almost the same: passing the ball freely through the midfield.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved