Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

World Cup 2014

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » World Cup 2014 52 posts - page 2 of 6

Poll Question:

Who will win the cup?
Germany
France
Argentina
Belgium
The Netherlands
Costa rica
Brazil
Colombia
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 2, 2014 3:27pm | Report
Neymar aint got **** on robben. Seriously, chili's sanchez too is better and much more effective then him.

USA defended really well against belgium and yes, belgium got a lot of chances but most of the shots sucked and 1 minute before regular full time USA got the biggest chance of the whole match. The player ****ed up massively though. And if he had scored belgium would be out plain and simple.

Even after belgium scored twice in extra time it was really close. Becouse they almost scored 2-2 several times.
It also occured to me that the media hardly mentioned how damn close it was.

Also. Soccer ;_;

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 4:17pm | Report
The US game was awful all around. Belgium had so many missed chances and Tim Howard was the ONLY REASON they didn't lose as badly as the Spaniards (to the Dutch, I might add).

In the Brazil game they barely beat Chile... I repeat... BARELY beat Chile. Brazil has never done that. All the teams that have always been good just aren't in it this year; Argentina BARELY beat the Swiss, Belgium BARELY beat the US despite their chances, Germany BARELY beat Algeria (seriously though Algerian and Iranian goalies are the best). They're too inconsistent.

At least with the Dutch, French, and Colombians you can pretty well predict how they'll play.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bballer23 » July 2, 2014 6:23pm | Report
I like basketball........so how bout that free agency?

bballer23

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 8:44pm | Report
Ummm... Yeah. That. Sure...

For the polling I'm surprised by the results so far. Everyone who reads this I invite you to cast your vote. We got 83% in favor of NL so far. Definitely was not expecting that. I thought people would go crazy for France and Belgium.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 3, 2014 10:52am | Report
Quoted:
Neymar aint got **** on robben.

I don't agree.Neymar is more of a creative player, coming up with interesing passes and good dribblings for the age of his (22), while grandpa Robben is much more experienced and fast, accelerating the pace of an attack.

If anything, I'd give it to Van Persie for carrying NL out of the trash can. They almost got wrecked by Australia (3-2 in the groups after the Spain match).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 3, 2014 11:00am | Report
You discount Depay, Huntelaar, and Sneijder. That's the thing about the Dutch. They have consistently good players. Brazil and other such teams (Argentina I'm looking at you) are very inconsistent and Brazil has to rely on Neymar's creativity and Hulk's get in there and do **** attitude to get points on the board. The Dutch are consistently good where as the Brazilians are inconsistently better. Which would you choose?

P.S. Everyone who reads this keep on voting. We got some votes on the board now for France, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands. Let's get some more for all of them!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 5, 2014 12:20am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

You discount Depay, Huntelaar, and Sneijder. That's the thing about the Dutch. They have consistently good players. Brazil and other such teams (Argentina I'm looking at you) are very inconsistent and Brazil has to rely on Neymar's creativity and Hulk's get in there and do **** attitude to get points on the board. The Dutch are consistently good where as the Brazilians are inconsistently better. Which would you choose?

P.S. Everyone who reads this keep on voting. We got some votes on the board now for France, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands. Let's get some more for all of them!

How are the Dutch consistently good when their strikers are carrying? Their defenders are really young and inexperienced. Did you see David Luiz's goal from that free kick yesterday? That's the real deal. Brazil didn't even have to score with their strikers agaist Columbia, their defenders did it for them.

Overall Brazil's value and players is better than Netherland's, while almost every player from Brazil plays at a top tier team in Europe (looking at you, Fred) Netherlands doesn't really have that many good players anymore, sure, the strikers are there, but look where they got,(looking at you, Snejder, from Inter to Galatasaray) and they had no real achievements these years (why do you think Huntelaar was a reserve for so long - he only saw the pitch for 10 minutes in the end of the game where he scored from a penalty kick granpa Robben got).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 5, 2014 8:33am | Report
I will withhold my response until we see if The Netherlands makes it past Costa Rica (of course they will though).

Regarding the polls, people stop voting for France and Colombia please. They're out. They can't win.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 5, 2014 4:08pm | Report
YEEEEAAAAAA **** THOSE COSTARICAN **********ERRRRRRSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PLAYED AS BIGGER ****S THEN CHELSEA AGAINST BAYERN IN THE CHAMPOINS LEAGUE FINAL!!!!!!!!

TIM KRUL ****ING BOSS!!! VAN GAAL CRAZY SCIENTIST!!!!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 5, 2014 4:12pm | Report
Well, The Netherlands had total control of the game, Sneijder and Robben played greatly as usual, great shots by them!

I have to say that the keeper of Costa Rica was pretty good too, he kept his team into the match.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved