Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is your other hobby APART from video games?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What is your other hobby APART from video games? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » February 25, 2015 1:28am | Report
Hello and I'm back but no one cares.
So anyway I have a questions for you all; What do you as a hobby when you're not playing video games (dota)?
So I'll start off with my own hobby which is making mixes/mash-ups of songs and currently trying to expand my audience (of 10 people which no one cares about).
Feel free to say 1 sentence answers like myself or a whole paragraph. idc.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 25, 2015 1:53am | Report
i am a national level swimmer, i am more than proficient in paper quilling, i help a lot of people on suicide watch.

Edit: i also am an avid music listener. I listen anywhere near 150 to 200 tracks depending upon the type of music i'm listening to.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 25, 2015 2:28am | Report
I compose a lot of prog metal songs.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 25, 2015 2:50am | Report
For me it's gambling. Like in semi-professional gambling.

Mainly in horse racing. I watch the history of previous races and I try to compare the way people bet in those races to the way they should theoretically be betting according to probability. There's a lot of computation/programming involved to compute probability and I find that pretty enjoyable (in a geeky way). And then when I find out what's wrong about the other people's betting patterns I make my own patterns that use the imbalance I'm seeing and run them with real money.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 25, 2015 3:37am | Report
Books. Televisions. Imaginations. The mind.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » February 25, 2015 2:18pm | Report
@KoDyAbAbA
You sir, have my respect for saving/helping people.

Otherwise it's wonderful to hear all of your wonderful hobbies.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » February 25, 2015 2:21pm | Report
I'm studying sequential art, so I spend more than a fair chunk of my time drawing, writing and reading comic books, manga and graphic novels. Oh, and I study... sometimes...

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 25, 2015 3:02pm | Report
I used to be a volunteer paramedic, now I am donating blood every 2 months (since I am AB IV) if you can call those hobbies. Studying a lot of phylosophy as well, I started to enjoy it for some reason.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 25, 2015 3:41pm | Report
I make youtube videos on two channels. One is reviews of 2000s American media, usually animation, Watcher of the 2000s. https://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherOfThe2000s

And another is all my other stuff, which is usually voice acting and out of character reviews, on a channel called Cuttleboss. https://www.youtube.com/user/Cuttleboss

Been a while tho.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 25, 2015 4:03pm | Report
i write. Read. muse internally.

main hobby?

i call it "Ravens mind"

basically you set aside 2-3 hours
grab a nice drink
make sure your comfortable
turn on computer.
go to google.
now think of something you want to know more about.
"American civil war battles"
now you go to the first two pages and read about it.
then you kinda just let your mind "catch" something.
usually its a word you dont know or a theme, item, weapon, idea, saying...basically anything you dont know and then create a separate tab and google it.
open first two links and do the same.
then after an hour you go in reverse.
read the latest page completely then close it and got to the next one.
read it and then close it.

i used to do this with books at a library and its very enlightening.

it forces your mind to be more elastic.

one moment your reading about lee Enfield rifles the next your considering the implications of the philosophical teachings by jacques derrida and his deconstruction techniques.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved