Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thread's daily game suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Thread's daily game suggestion 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 16, 2014 11:58pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

League's graphics are my only issue. It's pretty much doto otherwise.

Could I direct you to the latest summoner's rift beta update, good sir? It's quite the improvement.
Here.
That clip is actually PRE-beta. So yeah. This update currently only live on bot matches and team builders.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 17, 2014 2:07am | Report
My brother quit doto for LoL. Yeah, I see new graphics.

He said he's just into the "collecting"
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 17, 2014 3:46am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

I will answer all of those 4 in order.
What free invis? I see no free invis. Also, Riki, Bounty Hunter Slark. And stealth in league lasts for about 3-4 seconds MAX. Think on that.

Free tp with a 300 second cd, as opposed to 100 gold tp with 60 second cooldown. Not to mention you have to swap out one of your precious summoner spells for it. I mean, usually only top laners get that spell.

Yes. There are many. MANY.

Again. 300 second cooldown, with quite a short range, in a game with much shorter range dashes and gap closers, or just spells in general. It's great at making plays, dodging skillshots and, yes, escaping. But seriously. Blink Dagger. Oh what's that? Free blink every 12 seconds? With a much longer range?

stealth in league lasts 3-4 seconds if you move out of the area.

yup,many active items,but not all work in summoners rift and some are silly jungle bonuses. :)

about the graphics update,it still looks pretty ****.

now, i would like to point out something."only the top laner gets that".This.

the inflexibility of lanes due to the strict meta imposed by Riot.This is ********.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 17, 2014 4:10am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:
Again. 300 second cooldown, with quite a short range, in a game with much shorter range dashes and gap closers, or just spells in general. It's great at making plays, dodging skillshots and, yes, escaping. But seriously. Blink Dagger. Oh what's that? Free blink every 12 seconds? With a much longer range?

I'm not a DotA elitist, but i feel the need to point this out. Blink Dagger cost's 2250. That isn't free... And not everyone has it...

I really don't care for LoL, mainly due to a few of the mechanical differences I'm aware of (turn rates, denying...) so I'll just stick to DotA.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 17, 2014 4:51am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

No! Shut up! It isn't! Buying champions and runes. The biggest 'controversy' about League. Apart from the obvious point of the free rotation, 3 different champs go on sale every 3 or so days, and you can still earn ingame money to buy them. Someone once said it felt so satisfying to earn that 6300 ip and get your shiny new champ. They were right. It's awesome. And now I can't stop playing Kha'Zix (Look at my signature :P!)

not being able to play everyone off the bat is still why i will never get into LoL for sure.

you play seperate games on mostly the same map, you dont get stronger ever game, you dont get more stats between games. i dont want to unlock everyone.

compare it to unlocking guns in FPS's like battlefield or COD. there you have more maps and gamemodes available to play, and guns dont take long to unlock. so you dont have to play an impossible amount of games or pay a boatload of money to use them.

rewards should mainly be part of the gameplay, not outside of the game. if i want to play hundreds of hours just to get most of the game ill play an MMO or something.

i really cant imagine dota with a system like lol's. imagine if you need a safelane carry and you can only pick bloodseeker, medusa, viper stuff like that. heroes that might be horrible in the situation. well tough luck.
and you would see the same heroes over and over again.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 17, 2014 8:34am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

stealth in league lasts 3-4 seconds if you move out of the area.

yup,many active items,but not all work in summoners rift and some are silly jungle bonuses. :)

about the graphics update,it still looks pretty ****.

now, i would like to point out something."only the top laner gets that".This.

the inflexibility of lanes due to the strict meta imposed by Riot.This is ********.

I will admit to being a little defensive of League, but here we go. In order, as usual.

What AREA? What are you talking about?

'silly jungle bonuses'. Silly is an opinion. Most of them are very useful.

Yeah not everyone likes all graphics. I can't change that.

I didn't say "only top laner gets that" I just said that it's usually only viable on top laners.

You know, I won't lie. The meta is pretty imposing. However, are you SERIOUSLY telling me that you won't get hated on in dota if you try to break the meta? For instance, I tried to play tinker bot a few times and got raged at. Then, I wanted to play Zeus top. Same thing.
The meta is not ENFORCED by riot, it's just strictly followed by a lot of people. You can't tell me that there aren't heroes that are only viable in one lane in dota. Because you would be lying.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 17, 2014 8:38am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

not being able to play everyone off the bat is still why i will never get into LoL for sure.

you play seperate games on mostly the same map, you dont get stronger ever game, you dont get more stats between games. i dont want to unlock everyone.

compare it to unlocking guns in FPS's like battlefield or COD. there you have more maps and gamemodes available to play, and guns dont take long to unlock. so you dont have to play an impossible amount of games or pay a boatload of money to use them.

rewards should mainly be part of the gameplay, not outside of the game. if i want to play hundreds of hours just to get most of the game ill play an MMO or something.

i really cant imagine dota with a system like lol's. imagine if you need a safelane carry and you can only pick bloodseeker, medusa, viper stuff like that. heroes that might be horrible in the situation. well tough luck.
and you would see the same heroes over and over again.

I gotta thank you for that opinion, because I can't deny that it's true. But about the "you don't get stronger every game" bit. And especially the "on mostly the same map" bit.

But you do get stronger. You get better at the game. You understand it more. Just like in dota.

Dota only has one map. That's...Kinda a moot point.

Other than that, you are correct. Not everyone likes everything, and I won't force anyone to play League. I just wish some more people would understand that.

Also, yes. The community is worse than dota.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 18, 2014 4:47am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Threaad, I said no Knights on this forum.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 18, 2014 10:08am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

I don't feel like I was a knight. I was merely stating my opinion. If that means I'm doing something wrong, i'm just a little insulted.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 18, 2014 4:07pm | Report
on this site ...all opinions are welcome and no set opinion is forced upon others. (unless your he who must not be named)

we gucci thread ... we gucci.

THOUGH in saying that i would like to point out ... meta is "enforced" in LoL as well.

PLUS meta is not "enforced" in both games per say it is more ... accepted usage/common game play/community strategy

and Meta is "fluid" and you know what... tinker bot... ive done it. especially if your on radiant solo bot radiant tinker is a viable strat. zues offlane solo? not so much just due to the hero not the meta. but zues undying offlane .... hell yes id try that **** out! kills for dayz boyz. the higher you go in skill the more you see unusual laning or combos because it is not in the trench where meta comes from but from the very high skilled players and pro's.

and hey thread ...

who doesnt want to be a knight ;) you get a cool sword and **** :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved