Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads) 1440 posts - page 139 of 144
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » July 16, 2016 2:07pm | Report
Just posting the latest artwork done by my friend Pounce:

Completely non-Dota related, but that IS my Bellsprout from Pokemon Go. His name is Slapper. He is awesome.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » July 16, 2016 2:12pm | Report
Any North Americans on here want to join me in the battle cup?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 16, 2016 2:16pm | Report
Safecyn wrote:

Just posting the latest artwork done by my friend Pounce:

Completely non-Dota related, but that IS my Bellsprout from Pokemon Go. His name is Slapper. He is awesome.

on a somewhat unrelated/kindarelatediguess? My pokemon go experience:

walk 6k, catch a single weedle. and this is also probably my tenth weedle... i'm kinda sick of weedle
like when i go looking for something new and zany all i see is weedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedleweedle.

at least i can get beedrill pretty fast or something

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 17, 2016 3:59pm | Report
So apparently my parents are going crazy over pokemon go players since near our house there are like 3 pokestops and a gym or something, even at night!
And this is at a semi remote place.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 17, 2016 6:14pm | Report
Talking about parents and pokemon go...
My super religious parents are going crazy over pokemon go, saying that it is "evil" and "teaching people to find devils (monsters are devils they say, you know, pocket monsters)"
...I can't even
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 17, 2016 6:33pm | Report
If we look at technicalities, many pokemon were inspired by folklore and myths. According to Christianity, anything other than their God of trinity are idols, and are nothing more than the devels temptations, so saying pokemon is "evil", or "Demons", isn't wrong according to what they were taught

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 18, 2016 2:54am | Report
Good luck with that Yzreel. Strong strange believes are always hard to fight and live with, especially if they come from people we love and respect. I know what you mean.

Meanwhile, yes, there is no patience anymore for all the zombies doing the same thing everyone else is doing which is, SPOILER, walking around holding a phone...

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 18, 2016 6:08am | Report
I mean for me personally I don't mind Pokemon GO. I lack motivation to actually go anywhere interesting so if I have a goal to work towards like walking 10km to hatch an egg it makes it more fun for me at least. I wish it would track my progress even if the app is closed though because I don't want to have it open all the time, just want to put it in my pocket or something, but oh well.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 18, 2016 7:48am | Report
And now people in my church starts riling up over this, pretty funny if you ask me, especially given how obvious that it's just a joke site lol

Anyhow, about pokemon go itself, yeah, it's amazing! Shame that it's not available in my country yet and the server's acting up, causing stupid glitches in my 'nearby' list. Today I've probably walked more than I have the whole month on my own choice (hatched a 10-km egg and another 5-km one), and it's fun! But yeah, I only walked that far in an attempt to track Pidgeot (yes, not Pidgeotto), but to my dismay I realized that my 'nearby' list is broken and the paw prints won't get down after about 10 km...

Seriously a huge fun though, I wished I had started earlier (because I'm just a level 8 pleb right now, with my office work and all) so I can compete with other teams over gyms. Also, too bad I live in the outskirt of the city, basically no poke-stop for about 2 km radius, I can only get some pokemons when I'm working (which, incidentally, I shouldn't do lol)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 20, 2016 5:03am | Report
It's because of **** articles like this (written by a woman who sells herself through her image and that also has other ******** articles), that more of the "women can't play as good as men" speech gets promoted. You would expect that would be over by the year of 2016 and with all the crazy nazi feminists out there, but no, there is still this:

http://www.dailyesports.tv/why-there-are-no-female-pro-players/

And yes, I still hear that myself sometimes, coming out of players that would make you want to throw yourself under a bridge.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved