Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how to deal with noobs?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » how to deal with noobs? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kelghazaly » May 9, 2015 7:40am | Report
so recently i got to 2350+ mmr and i started to play very very good
and then comes this one noob who f*** up the game for example 2day i played a game i was pudge mid at min 9 i was 6 0 0 killed 6 and died zero i go help top cause they died a couple of time and then out of no where this kunka feed timbersaw 11 times and dont even call for help and go alone vs 5 heros and i tell him get back u will die and he goed the thing is he doesnt want to feed but ends up feeding
what should i do in these situation

kelghazaly

Steam: Kelghazaly
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 9, 2015 1:21pm | Report
hey there kelghazaly!

This isnt really the right place for these kind of posts. Mby you can get a mod to move this thread into the appropriate section.

Do you maybe have a Match-ID of said game, or have a dotabuff link of the match? Would be a lot easier to give constructive feedback if we could look at the game.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kelghazaly » May 10, 2015 4:52am | Report
L0bstz0r wrote:

hey there kelghazaly!

This isnt really the right place for these kind of posts. Mby you can get a mod to move this thread into the appropriate section.

Do you maybe have a Match-ID of said game, or have a dotabuff link of the match? Would be a lot easier to give constructive feedback if we could look at the game.

first of all am sorry if i post in wrong section i am new here :$

second its not about a single match i mean about 50% of my matches there is this one player who thinks he is the best player of all time and just start feeding so what to do in these situations when people feed and they are not intending to do so and if i give just a few tips they go into w noob war and that i am a noob and every time i lose the game at first i was aggressive with them now i try to approach that we are a team but they still go to noob war and start swearing!!!

thanks for your help

kelghazaly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » May 10, 2015 6:07am | Report
You just have to compensate for their suckiness by being that much better.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » May 10, 2015 6:30am | Report
First of all, don't get too cocky, there are a lot of 2.3k mmr players.
Some of them might have gotten to that MMR by spamming one hero. Then they trying playing another and they just suck with it. This is a problem in all MM. But the thing is, if you are a 3k player in a 2.3k game, you should win it unless they got like 5 heroes countering you.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by soul hunter » May 10, 2015 7:15am | Report
Or maybe they just have bad internet. BAD INTERNET IS THE WORST PUNISHMENT FOR A DOTA PLAYER. btw when there is a pudge player in your team never criticise him it will make things more worse. just say well tried even if he misses the most easiest hook.when there is a noob player in your team try being supportive instead of telling them go uninstall dota MANY A TIMES IT WORKS!!!!!
ℊ☺ ßїℊ øя ℊ☺ ℌ☺мε

soul hunter

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kelghazaly » May 10, 2015 9:22am | Report
caine1232 wrote:

First of all, don't get too cocky, there are a lot of 2.3k mmr players.
Some of them might have gotten to that MMR by spamming one hero. Then they trying playing another and they just suck with it. This is a problem in all MM. But the thing is, if you are a 3k player in a 2.3k game, you should win it unless they got like 5 heroes countering you.

man am not cocky i know my mmr is not that high but i swear to god i played about 4 games with leshrac i got freaking 17 kills and 2 death total score was 19 - 10 and the whole team counter me and they do nothing some guys were jungling and i am begging them to come puch i took the freakin all mid tower only barracks to go and they didnt listen they want to be the hero who wins the match i tell them we rare a team and nothing i got so much frustrated
i will try my best but i hope that the more mmr goes up the less i meat people like that

kelghazaly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kelghazaly » May 10, 2015 9:25am | Report
soul hunter wrote:

Or maybe they just have bad internet. BAD INTERNET IS THE WORST PUNISHMENT FOR A DOTA PLAYER. btw when there is a pudge player in your team never criticise him it will make things more worse. just say well tried even if he misses the most easiest hook.when there is a noob player in your team try being supportive instead of telling them go uninstall dota MANY A TIMES IT WORKS!!!!!

lately i try to do as u just told me but still it doesnt work much and i know everyone makes mistakes

kelghazaly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 10, 2015 1:23pm | Report
the reason why i asked you for a replay, wasnt necessarily to analyze your hero skills, but rather your overall gameplay and decision making. I have quite a few people on my friendlist that are at ~2k mmr, where even personally i think, that they should be much higher....so its really not that uncommon of a thing.

Most of the time it doesnt really come down to hero skills or kill-score, but rather if you can capitalize on advantages and gold/xp leads. From what have seen, people in this bracket tend to just teamfight / pubtrain 24/7 without really accomplishing anything.

As i cant say, what the real problem is for your case ill just give a few general tips then:

- Capitalize on won teamfights! Get objectives (--> push towers; get rax; go for rosh...etc.etc.)

- Dont over-gank! As a position#2 player for instance, you have the second highest farm priority on your team. Ganking all the time without getting kills for example, is a huge blow to your economy!

- Capitalize on free space! If the enemy team is pubtraining, there will be lots of space on the map to farm and taking objectives....There really is no need to participate in "5v5 staredowns".

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 10, 2015 1:58pm | Report
soul hunter wrote:

btw when there is a pudge player in your team never criticise him it will make things more worse. just say well tried even if he misses the most easiest hook.when there is a noob player in your team try being supportive instead of telling them go uninstall dota MANY A TIMES IT WORKS!!!!!

Sadly, this is probably the only effective answer, other than win 1 vs 9.

There are a few things that may help, but not every game:-
  • Be the last person to pick and compliment your Team, you can pick almost anything as a 1st Pick and still build a winning lineup around it, but if you have a Jungler and no good Solo Offlaner, do you really want to trust someone else who's 2k to pick a good Offlaner and not Feed 1 vs 3, for example?
  • Find the most competent player on your Team and help them where possible. This is easier to do as a Support with Ganks/Stacking/Zoning, etc., but as a Carry if your Offlaner is getting zoned out hard and needs 300Gold to finish their Blink Dagger, Rotating into the Jungle to let them finish that important Item may give you a much stronger Mid Game.
  • You don't always need 2 Supports or a Hard Carry every game, so it's important you have a wide Hero Pool to compensate for unpredictable matches. Escpeially since most n00bs will pick the Hero they're "good" at rather than a relevant Hero.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved