Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[High Skill] Mentor willing to help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » [High Skill] Mentor willing to help 137 posts - page 2 of 14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » January 28, 2013 4:44pm | Report
+1

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » January 28, 2013 6:28pm | Report
Thanks guys! 95% of the people I've helped have been a pleasure to work with. Very respectful, polite, thankful, LOTS of good questions, and after speccing their recent games/or watching random replays, I always see progress.

Agreed though. Mentoring takes some patience, but I feel it's only as difficult as the person you're teaching. Like I said, 95% of my mentoring experience has been extremely fun and rewarding. Hopefully everyone stays inquisitive, and keeps asking me to play with them.

Edit: Just finished my game with Morpai, went 18-0-7. DIS SUPPORT 2 STRONK.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Firo » January 29, 2013 12:07am | Report
Hi guys,
Just finished a session with AngeloBangelo, and wow was there a lot of information during that one and a half hour session. I'm pretty new to the game, let alone the role of support and AngeloBangelo really helped shed some light on what the role is really all about and how to play it. Hes a funny, friendly dude that is always willing to help so don't sleep on it and take advantage of his generosity =P. I still have a tons more questions on the support role as well as on characters, but we didnt get to get to it because it was getting pretty late, so I will be pestering him some more for some more lessons =P. Great mentor and a easy going dude. I definitely recommend him to anyone who is considering getting mentored.

Firo =)

Firo

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » January 29, 2013 1:15am | Report
Ah, thanks man! Sorry my mic kept cutting out. This storm has been horrible for everyone that I've been with today. Hopefully we can get in some more games tomorrow. Glad to help. Hopefully weather is better tomorrow so we can communicate better. Also, thanks for the positive feedback. :)

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Onato123 » January 30, 2013 3:15am | Report
Had a session with Angelo yesterday and not only was it incredibly informative but I ended up having loads of fun as well. He improved my game a billion times over and I gained knowledge in areas I didn't even know existed. I even had the chance to play in a high level game and feed the place up. Just want to say a massive thanks to Angelo and that everything was great apart from his singing (I'm trolling you have the voice of an angel!)

Onato123

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » January 30, 2013 1:48pm | Report
Hey, I sing quite well. The changes in your gameplay between the replays I observed before we played together, the game versus bots, and the game versus real players, was very impressive. Not only did you listen to my decision making advice as far as disruption targets and whom to ult, your positioning in team fights was always exactly where you needed to be. You were active when there was no one in my lane, and game back to gank when I had trouble farming. Hopefully you don't mind me posting the a pic of the game, but I would've seriously had no where near as much farm if a normal player had supported me, and you did really well. 2-3-19 is NOT feeding. It's supporting.

The game looks like we rolled them, but it wasn't anywhere NEAR that one sided until the last couple of team fights when I had rapier. You should be extremely proud of your progress, I would've definitely lost my lane without a reliable SD. :D

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vaquishin » February 1, 2013 11:02pm | Report
Mentor me please :D

steam id: vanquishin

email: [email protected]

i pretty much play most of the time I don't have work which is alot!

Vaquishin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Noob.Teammates » February 2, 2013 12:47am | Report
Alright, so about 1 week ago I checked out this section of the forum and it sounded rather convenient. Receiving instructions from someone more experienced than I am in order to make me get better at my favourite game, why not?
At first I just noted down Angelo's Steam ID and added him, he accepted my friend request right away and in less than no time we were already having a convo on skype. Throughout our our lesson he explained me everything possible to be learned about Dota. We watched a game of his, and he explained every move he did in the game. Also, he created a practice game where he pointed out to me every single ward spot in the map. So, in short, in more or less than 3 hours I learnt things that I would probably learn after like 3 months playing non-stop or so, I assume.
Also, today we played a game together, and it was by far the most enjoyable game of my life, I felt like I was playing a real game like those ones from old dota leagues/in houses where only the best players could get vouched into, and I was the outsider in this episode.
Anyways, thank you very much, Angelo. Keep up the awesome work. I'm looking forward to seeing you smashing down dendi's POTM with your chen very shortly in those epic tourns.
I also would like to thank the forum staff for providing us the chance to learn more and more about this amazing game. Thank ya'll much CYA
PS: Sorry for my terrible English. :/

Noob.Teammates

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » February 2, 2013 12:56pm | Report
Good to hear that I helped you, andI'm glad you had fun in that game. That SF was really good, and you really held your own in mid considering some of them had over 1000 wins, and you have 25! :D

Thanks for the Chen compliment. I have a ways to go before I actually play him in real games though. "Puppey? Puppey who? You mean AngeloBangelo?" Haha

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drakon136 » February 6, 2013 3:51pm | Report
Hey! I sent a friend request to you, hoping I could get some mentoring. :D

drakon136

Notable (3)
Steam: SURGE.drakon136

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved