Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help Raising MMR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Help Raising MMR 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 31, 2015 5:19am | Report
Ahh okay then, thanks everyone for the tips, appreciated them so much, its nice to learn from other people. have a nice day :3
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » May 31, 2015 6:38am | Report
Wreck with Omni, Necro, and Abbadon. Best pub wreckers in the game.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 31, 2015 7:04am | Report
The main advice is, stop expecting anything from your teammates. You need to win the game on your own while your team is having no impact and feeding harder than easy bots. That's the only way to raise MMR. If you haven't had these crazy Meepo, Nature's Prophet or Broodmother games where you literally played 1 vs 5 the whole game, you never really played dota :=)

Indeed spamming certain heroes is a solid way to raise MMR. If you're at 1K MMR I think you can just get away with picking a magic damage dealer, since nobody buys Black King Bar or Pipe of Insight in this bracket. Leshrac, Zeus, Necrophos...that's the kind of hero I'd be picking.
And yes, against teams that pick 5 right-click carries, pick Omniknight win game.

Cuttleboss wrote:

Other tips: Pick high impact supports, it's usually what the teams are missing (No point in picking another core, just show them a support than can wreck face). Preferably ones that can win teamfights and lanes with ease, like Lich, Abaddon, Warlock, Venomancer, and Crystal Maiden. Omniknight and Necrophos are also fantastic since they punish overdiving and are pretty much unstoppable if the game goes late enough.

^ Exactly this.

Cuttleboss wrote:

Lower MMR Players are also pretty bad at dealing with Rat heroes, so nature's prophet might be a good pick, then again, I imagine lots of Rikis.

Actually Furion can solo kill Riki pretty easily. Rush Necrobook = riki dinner :)
Seriously I've been picking Furion as a Riki counter not the other way around.
Furion is about snowballing with pickoffs not just about rat. If you gank the gankers they can't gank you (words of wisdom right there xD)

But then if there's heroes like Slark and Storm in every game, don't pick Furion.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » May 31, 2015 7:28am | Report
Lina is an amazing hero for raising MMR, since she can be a core or a support so it doesn't matter much what your team picks, your setup won't be screwed up. And, she is relevant for the whole game.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » May 31, 2015 7:37am | Report
Well, since you are an avid es and meepo player, just get super good at them and wreck face.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 31, 2015 8:44am | Report

Well, since you are an avid es and meepo player, just get super good at them and wreck face.

yes although i am an mediocre meepo, es and invoker player and wrecks the whole enemy team with these three heroes, many people would just go straight Lich, Earthshaker, Lina, Lion, Silencer, Legion, Pudge or Doom. and these heroes would easily shut me down while playing these three heroes. and since i cant get bkb on meepo, heroes like earthshaker, lich, lion, etc. would just turn me into a useless piece of feces once they got thier ults up, while silencer, doom, lifestealer, etc. would be nightmare for ES and invoker (silences/spell immunity).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » May 31, 2015 9:33am | Report
Don't instapick them. Besides, if u can play Meepo efficiently, it implies that u can micro to some extent. Then pick hero like Chen on Enchantress and make the early game hell for the laner with constant ganks.
And even if u pick Earth Spirit, the Doom mostly won't be used on you much if your team has a hero with a higher priority for getting silenced (think insanely spell reliant heores Invoker, Storm Spirit, Lion, Shadow Shaman etc.). Also, I don't think in that tier there would be many Doom pickers.
As an Invoker, the only suggestion which I can give is, let someone else initiate.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 31, 2015 10:30am | Report

Don't instapick them. Besides, if u can play Meepo efficiently, it implies that u can micro to some extent. Then pick hero like Chen on Enchantress and make the early game hell for the laner with constant ganks.
And even if u pick Earth Spirit, the Doom mostly won't be used on you much if your team has a hero with a higher priority for getting silenced (think insanely spell reliant heores Invoker, Storm Spirit, Lion, Shadow Shaman etc.). Also, I don't think in that tier there would be many Doom pickers.
As an Invoker, the only suggestion which I can give is, let someone else initiate.

hmm didnt really thought of picking last, thanks about that :D, and yes there are doom pickers in this hellish trench, just not that often.

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved