Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help Raising MMR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Help Raising MMR 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 30, 2015 2:18pm | Report
Hi i am IgnoranceIsBliss, i need tips on raising my MMR, i am currently lurking in the 1.4k MMR trench (don't laugh at my MMR you peasants), i used to have 3.2k MMR when i first started (when i was level 13), i didnt really knew the concept of ranked games and what it does so i played ranked games like normal games (for me back then it was okay for me to lose since its just a game), at one point reached 3.5k then i dropped so hard to 1.4k, i haven't played MMR since a very long time and at this point is very afraid to try, that is why im asking tips.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you can solve your problems, then what is the need of worrying?
If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter
Nuegar, Mercenary of the Ruins
Dues, The Elemental Magus
Zermunt, The Plague Doctor
Alphyria, The Lady of the Skies

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 30, 2015 3:24pm | Report
Hmmm, well, first you have to be able to counter the "pub meta" heroes, the heroes you will be seeing in every game.

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/countering-common-pubstomp-heroes-8454

So that guide will be of immense use for you. Other heroes include Ursa (kite him), Undying (kill the tombstone, don't feed him in lane), and

Other tips: Pick high impact supports, it's usually what the teams are missing (No point in picking another core, just show them a support than can wreck face). Preferably ones that can win teamfights and lanes with ease, like Lich, Abaddon, Warlock, Venomancer, and Crystal Maiden. Omniknight and Necrophos are also fantastic since they punish overdiving and are pretty much unstoppable if the game goes late enough.

Lower MMR Players are also pretty bad at dealing with Rat heroes, so nature's prophet might be a good pick, then again, I imagine lots of Rikis.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 31, 2015 2:30am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Hmmm, well, first you have to be able to counter the "pub meta" heroes, the heroes you will be seeing in every game.

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/countering-common-pubstomp-heroes-8454

So that guide will be of immense use for you. Other heroes include Ursa (kite him), Undying (kill the tombstone, don't feed him in lane), and

Other tips: Pick high impact supports, it's usually what the teams are missing (No point in picking another core, just show them a support than can wreck face). Preferably ones that can win teamfights and lanes with ease, like Lich, Abaddon, Warlock, Venomancer, and Crystal Maiden. Omniknight and Necrophos are also fantastic since they punish overdiving and are pretty much unstoppable if the game goes late enough.

Lower MMR Players are also pretty bad at dealing with Rat heroes, so nature's prophet might be a good pick, then again, I imagine lots of Rikis.

Thanks, i've been concerned about my MMR lately, how i wish i didnt play MMR yet when i was still lvl 13 now i losed more than 2000 MMR
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DIVEX » May 31, 2015 2:39am | Report
Just play PA and **** everybody
A wise man told me that holding a grudge is like letting somebody live inside your head rent free!?!

DIVEX

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 31, 2015 2:57am | Report
Omni wrecks low level ranks since everybody picks cores and deal physical damage. Just get 2-3 cores (but 1 hard carry farmer like spectre, sven, medus, etc max)

Oh and if you want to have a more organized game, try cap mode

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 31, 2015 3:42am | Report
If you want to play serious, unless playing ranked only play All-Pick.

Once you get good enough mechanical skill, focus on a few heroes with common traits and get better and better with them.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 31, 2015 4:46am | Report
Doesn't matter what hero you play, you will still have the same issues. Focus on the fundamental skills pertaining to your role like getting better at last hitting, harassing, ganking, map awareness, etc.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by IgnoranceIsBliss » May 31, 2015 5:06am | Report
But what if i dont have a specified role? cause every now and then i try to use all the heroes and can effectively play any role or hero if i want to. my only problem is my teammates, i don't mean to blame or anything but in the lower trenches where i currently am, most people dosent really cooperate and once they die that was genuinely thier fault like going roshan with low hp and then gets bashed to death, they would automatically blame anyone in thier team, or flame someone for not doing what they exactly want, i remember when i was still 3.2k is that people are really cooperative, suer they do flame sometimes but they cooperate with the team. any tips on how to handle this kind of people?

Hero Ideas:
Daemon, The Headhunter

IgnoranceIsBliss

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 31, 2015 5:12am | Report
Mute them and do your own thing, pick heroes who can transition into the mid-late game well by farming. Farming alone will propel you into at least 2k.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 31, 2015 5:12am | Report
Either ignore them and play your best, like most people do, or keep encouraging them and give suggestions, make them better players. Tell them don't blame, it's ok, we are still fine. Give them tips on how to prevent the mustakes they made, like don't go too far out alone when the whole map is missing.
Don't bash them whatever you do, that will make them even angrier and it will probably lead them to make more mistakes

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved