Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Revival of Hero Creation Contest?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Revival of Hero Creation Contest? 64 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 1, 2014 9:10pm | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Oh, by the way, since most people here already posted in the contest, anyone interested in discussing about the posted idea?

P.S: Old Kainen's icon for Star Rain is the same as my Constellation <3

Dammit, your idea is so good compared to mine :C

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 2, 2014 5:27am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Sorry kkoopman, but this entry hasn't ended yet (we haven't even voted yet, and thus no winner yet) so it isn't time for the next one. Furthermore, it is stated in the rule that the winner get to decide the next theme

Ah, okay. This makes sense.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » August 2, 2014 8:27am | Report
I noticed it too, Yzreel! Hahahaha
I think we all are getting the icons from the same place.

I'm quite happy with the results of my hero, but I don't know if he is 100% balanced. That's hard to achieve. Most part of the heroes there are balanced too.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 2, 2014 8:39am | Report
I just cant help but see the similarity's between Ira and Varkoth, Stargaze, gobal potential, and all that.

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 2, 2014 8:51am | Report
Powergoat wrote:

I just cant help but see the similarity's between Ira and Varkoth, Stargaze, gobal potential, and all that.

As Bunkansee once said to me, heroes with the same theme are bound to have some overlapping features.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 2, 2014 9:34am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Dammit, your idea is so good compared to mine :C

Aww, don't say that, yours is better than mine in your own way as well. I mean, there's no way Varkoth can tank (or in that matter dishing more damage) in a teamfight compared to your Miantor. Granted, Varkoth is much better in global presence and has much cooler picture :p

oldKainen wrote:

I noticed it too, Yzreel! Hahahaha
I think we all are getting the icons from the same place.

I'm quite happy with the results of my hero, but I don't know if he is 100% balanced. That's hard to achieve. Most part of the heroes there are balanced too.

Yeah, I guess I need to really do my own icon starting next submission (too lazy though lol)

Powergoat wrote:

Yeah, somehow it does, but since the skills do very different effect I think it's fine? Anyway, the only thing that is rather odd for me is how the name is the same (stargaze and a star's gaze) dat coincidence tho. Anyway, mine posted earlier, so I'm not the copycat XD (jkjk)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 5, 2014 3:52am | Report
Question:
(First, please mind my ignorance)

1. Who votes the winner?

2. Will there be a 2nd, 3rd, and runner-up winner? And is there something given to them?

3. Do colors, pictures, etc... increase winning chance?

3. When i click add picture button, it says 'insert url' what should i do?

4. How do i resize fonts?
Statement:

1. Ira's 'A Star's Gaze' does not copied Varkoth. In fact, i just realized.

2. This is a great community, with harmonic people and polite language. I hope this keeps up!

3. My MMR is probably the lowest in the bunch (1.6k)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 5, 2014 5:33am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Question:

1. Who votes the winner?

2. Will there be a 2nd, 3rd, and runner-up winner? And is there something given to them?

3. When i click add picture button, it says 'insert url' what should i do?

Statement:

2. This is a great community, with harmonic people and polite language. I hope this keeps up!

3. My MMR is probably the lowest in the bunch (1.6k)

Okay, so to answer the competition questions:

1: Everyone votes for the idea they like best, you can't vote for your own idea however.

2: I don't think anything is given to 3rd 2nd etc.

3: The nicer your idea looks the better, but I don't think pictures matter that much.

4: On the picture you want to add, right click and press "copy/save image url" and then paste the url into the box where it requests it.

4: There is a blue "A" at the top on the hotbar, click on that and it comes up with some options for sizes. Play around with it!

And your mmr is not the lowest, I never play ranked so I don't have and visible mmr yet.

Hope this helped!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 5, 2014 5:58pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Okay, so to answer the competition questions:

1: Everyone votes for the idea they like best, you can't vote for your own idea however.

2: I don't think anything is given to 3rd 2nd etc.

3: The nicer your idea looks the better, but I don't think pictures matter that much.

4: On the picture you want to add, right click and press "copy/save image url" and then paste the url into the box where it requests it.

4: There is a blue "A" at the top on the hotbar, click on that and it comes up with some options for sizes. Play around with it!

And your mmr is not the lowest, I never play ranked so I don't have and visible mmr yet.

Hope this helped!

Thank you. One more question:

(1) how do i vote?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 5, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Question:

Statement:

One more question:

(1) how do i vote?

Since Bunkan has answered most of the questions, I will address to only these points that I quoted.

3) The colors and stuffs doesn't increase winning chance, strictly speaking (you can see Wulfstan's grading criteria in the entry post). However, since the ones who voted are us (normal human with biased thinking), I'd say that those can draw people to be more interested in voting for that particular idea.

4) Other than using headers (that big A stuff on top), you can also use this trick: (size=#)Text(/size) and (size=3)Three(/size) will be Three, (size=4)Four(/size) will be Four, (size=5)Five(/size) will be Five and it goes on. Bear in mind that these brackets ( need to be changed into [ as script

1) Yeah, we all know that it is coincidental, was just kidding when I wrote it.

1) Wulfstan will post a voting thread for it (or update the entry post so it is votable), supposedly today. Ask him for more info.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved