Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ohm

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ohm 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 4, 2016 12:05pm | Report
A quick idea about a hero is essentially a counter to super-mobile heroes. He has a lot of ways of disrupting or preventing transport abilities, but lacks damage and carry potential.

Would likely be played as either a support or offlaner. General mana and armour problems.

Melee Strength hero:

Str: 21+2.4
Agi: 16+1.8
Int: 18+2.0

Base Armour: 3
Move Speed: 300

Entropy

Cooldown: 22/20/18/16
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80
Duration: 4/4/5/5
Reduction: 30%/40%/50%/60%

While active, reduces the effectiveness of enemy attacks and abilities against him. Magical and physical damage is reduced. Pure damage is not effected. Stun, slow and silence duration is
also reduced by the % effect.

Can be purged.

This is his primary offlaning skill, and also allows him to function as a tank for his team. I hope this is relatively balanced as the skill has to be manually activated, so he can be caught out by unseen or instant skills.

Universal Constant

Cooldown 25/22/19/16
Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130
Damage Per Second: 10/15/20/25
Duration: 7/8/9/10
Stun Time: 1.2/1.6/2.0/2.4
AOE (centered around him): 300/325/350/375

A slight change in the universal constant causes all enemy units in the area to be stunned. Does not pierce magical immunity.

A relatively useful AOE stun, somewhat like Axe or Centaur Warrunner , it does relatively low damage, and over a long period of time. This makes it relatively less effective, but can block Blink Dagger use for an extended time.

Reverse Gravity

Aura AOE: 400/600/800/1000 around hero
Toggle Cooldown: 3 seconds

Causes any mobility spells or items that are activated within it's range to have their direction of travel reversed. This does not effect standard movement, Town Portal Scrolls or Boots of Travel. For example, the direction of Force Staff would be reversed, but a Weaver under the effect of Shukuki would be unaffected.

The aura can be toggled causing enemy mobility items to work as expected. Does not effect allies. Deactivated temporarily if the hero is silenced.

Improved by Aghanim's Scepter - any transport abilities/items used within range will automatically place the user directly next to Ohm.

Ho ho ho. Screwing with mobility! Bear in mind that skilled players can simply adjust their usage to compensate (e.g. blink towards Ohm to blink away), at least until he gets the scepter. However, it could lead to some interesting misplays, and would require much more skillful use of mobility.

Silence of Eternity

Cooldown: 80/60/40
Mana: 200/250/300

Single Target
Silences for 5/6/7 seconds through magic immunity
Movement Slow of 40%/50%/60%
Inflicts 40/50/60 damage per second (physical)
Cannot be purged

Aghs gets 2 charges that refill every 40 seconds.

A more reliable single target semi-disable. Slows and silences enemies, making carries more vulnerable to kiting, and has obvious ganking potential if your allies have the burst damage.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 4, 2016 12:28pm | Report
Has a lot of similarities with Disruptor...which is fine because he's my favorite support :)
Damage over time to disable blinks, direct counter to escape skills/items, and un-counterable silence as his ulti.

I absolutely love the "reverse gravity" skill. You can toggle it at will, so that thing is just evil. Aghs upgrade is a bit weird though because it's less chaotic than the normal version and removes some of the possible uses (like using it defensively to prevent a guy from jumping you).

Ultimate...that's some serious Anti-Mage hate right there. 14 seconds of unpurgeable BKB piercing silence with a 60% slow? Outch. GGWP :)
Maybe duration needs to be toned down a bit. The only unpurgeable silences in the game ( Smoke Screen and Static Storm) have other counters : Riki smoke doesn't go through BKB and you can walk out of it, and Disruptor ulti lasts 4.4 seconds at most before the barrier goes down, and you need aghs to ignore BKB.
Essentially slowing Doom on a support is a bit too good XD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 4, 2016 12:46pm | Report
I thought you might enjoy this Hamster :)

Maybe the Ulti is overkill...perhaps make it not go through magic immunity (if it's been activated), I just don't want people easily purging it with Manta Style or something. Linken's Sphere is a definite counter though, as he no other single target spells to hit them with. (guess items could make up for this)

He does definitely have a touch of the Disruptor about him, but he's much more setup to be in the middle of the fight, tanking, maximising his aura (and any others he has) and trying to land his stun.

I would love his passive to be in the game :)

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 5, 2016 3:23am | Report
I love this reverse gravity skill.
That is just pure genius.
Imagine a wannabe pro blinking towards you to get away and instead blinks towards you anyway because you toggled the aura off!xD

And then he eats a stun and a silence !

OSfrog giff this hero ASAP

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » April 5, 2016 4:58am | Report
If this hero gets decent base damage than he will probably become the best oflaner in game. Since you can chase people easily, do good damage with not too much risk.

The concept is really original with the mobility thing and it seems really interesting to see how it would work in a real game.

Maybe he has to much disable, like Earth Spirit times 5.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 5, 2016 9:56pm | Report
Very rare to see you around here Sando!

Well, I'd like to add my two cents on your hero, but basically all I gotta say is what everybody's talked about, Reverse Gravity is an impressively shrewd skill! I like how simple your hero is but still maintain an air of originality, while keeping it so viable. Great job, Sando!

Hopefully I can see you more around here :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » April 5, 2016 10:16pm | Report
hate to be the party pooper, but reverse gravity is too game breaking to ever be added into the game. It would be 100% ban/pick rate I suppose.

I mean, unless there is a significant indicator enemies-can-see aura or something, this is just broken.I mean, think about it, dude blinks in with an aghs, slows the Anti-Mage or some other mobile *** hero, it's time to say goodbye.

But on the bright side, the first skill is perfectly balanced, the second one is slightly OP because it's essentially a 10 second no-blink dagger zone. maybe rescale it to the Batrider's Flamebreak duration and rescale the damage accordingly?

edit : also, double doom support FTW!

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 6, 2016 2:41am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

hate to be the party pooper, but reverse gravity is too game breaking to ever be added into the game. It would be 100% ban/pick rate I suppose.

I mean, unless there is a significant indicator enemies-can-see aura or something, this is just broken.I mean, think about it, dude blinks in with an aghs, slows the Anti-Mage or some other mobile *** hero, it's time to say goodbye.

But on the bright side, the first skill is perfectly balanced, the second one is slightly OP because it's essentially a 10 second no-blink dagger zone. maybe rescale it to the Batrider's Flamebreak duration and rescale the damage accordingly?

And so you have pooped on our partay.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 6, 2016 9:26am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

I don't especially see why:

1) Ohm needs 4.2k Aghs and 2.2k Blink to be able to even begin this scenario. AM should have at least BF + Manta by then - he can easily turn around and kill him, or simply walk out of the affected zone. Remember Ohm has very limited damage output.

2) Is this really OP compared to say Shadow Shaman, Lion or Bane blinking next to AM and unleashing their long duration full disables?

3) Does AM have a god-given right to ALWAYS be able to use Blink?

4) Heroes can still Blink in to initiate on Ohm and his team - range on dagger is greater than this, and anything that starts outside the aura is unaffected. They just have to be more careful about ranges, and escaping is more difficult.

KoDyAbAbA wrote:

The whole point of the hero is as a kind of annoying anti-mobility, but sure it doesn't have to max at 10, it could be lower, just remember that skills like Venomous Gale and Shadow Strike last longer than this, and do more damage.

Basically the idea is that teams would have to accept that certain kinds of mobile play could be curtailed, or at least force them to alter their playstyle. Ohm actually has so-so utility outside that, and his damage output is pretty poor.

But yes, his ult with Aghs is probably OP at present, it can be adjusted.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved