Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lets nerf Void! (Ulti)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Lets nerf Void! (Ulti) 40 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 28, 2014 4:51am | Report
Nerf Void, they say. Here is the answer.

Chronosphere

OLD

Creates a blister in spacetime, trapping all units caught in its sphere of influence. Only Faceless Void and any units he controls are unaffected. Invisible units in the sphere will be revealed.
Range: 600
Radius: 450
Duration: 4/4.5/5 (4/5/6*)
Cooldown: 120/100/80 (60*) Mana: 150/175/200
Aghanim's Scepter:Increases duration and decreases cooldown(*60)

IDEA

Creates a blister in spacetime, slowing the time of all units caught in its sphere of influence, including doubling units's cast time. Only Faceless Void and any units he controls are unaffected. Invisible units in the sphere will be revealed. Units cannot channel while inside Chronosphere. Does not affect magic immune units.
Range: 600
Radius: 450
Duration: 4/4.5/5 (4/5/6*)
Move Slow: 80%
Attack slow: 80%
Cooldown: 100 (60*) Mana: 150/175/200
Aghanim's Scepter: Enables effect on magic immune units, Increases duration and decreases cooldown(*60)

Explanation
After the complains, I have an idea to nerf Chronosphere. Instead of stunning. Chronosphere SLOWS, which is annoying but still escapeable. The double cast time means a lot; that Tidehunter is not going to Ravage you. That Shadow Fiend is not going to requiem anything. And now, Black King Bar is legit counter!
Might not be much, but for me it is still going to be good. Feedbacks are appreciated!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » August 28, 2014 5:02am | Report
nah

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » August 28, 2014 5:13am | Report
This actually sounds good. Please volvo replace old void ult with this new one!
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » August 28, 2014 5:49am | Report
It makes it more like a Stone Gaze.

No, I don't like the idea. I was actually thinking about greatly increasing a cooldown. Like 170 seconds on each level, and 80 with Aghanim's Scepter.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 28, 2014 5:49am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

nah

y not
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The amazing A.K.A stupid » August 28, 2014 7:17am | Report
cant we just put a delay or channel on chronosphere?

I mean like so everyone just blinks out of the chrono and people can just stun void inside it.

Like c'mon warlocks skill slow you by 80% and escaping it is not much of a hard task, so what else can this do?

And so your telling me if you dont have aghanims scepter as void and I have a Black King Bar void is totally useless if we have equal farm.

Increasing the mana cast of Chronosphere is not a bad idea for me.

Changing Time Lock into a slow is fine by me too but its all about the game.
"When we get attacked we fight back for we have faith in our side"

I rarely insult people(like real insult) for I am defenseless against them.

But when I do, I make my point clearly

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » August 28, 2014 11:28am | Report
Maybe put a cooldown on Time Lock Like Skull Basher has.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 28, 2014 11:45am | Report
If Chronosphere gets completely negated by popping your Black King Bar AFTER the chrono has been cast, then essentially Void has no ultimate.

I think Void needs a pretty big nerf as much as you but doing this just makes the hero complete trash :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » August 28, 2014 11:46am | Report
Nerf Time Lock damage in chronosphere, change from x2 to x1.5 or something like that.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 28, 2014 6:50pm | Report
The only problem with Void is that he sets up other Ulties quite well with Chronoshpere, nerfing Time Lock doesn't solve this and making it blockable with BKB removes his effectiveness entirely.

A good nerf would be one that makes Chronosphere less effective as an Initation tool, but still viable.

I repeat, reduce damage taken from sources other than Void while in Chronosphere, about 30 or 40%. 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved