Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kimbel, The Insane Surgeon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Kimbel, The Insane Surgeon 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » November 1, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Kimbel, The Insane Surgeon

Primary Attribute: Int (subject to change)

Role: Nuker, Carry, Pusher

"Oh, that was your artery? Too bad."

BIO
Summarized version: Good medical student, good surgeon, killed first patient, got starnge feeling of joy, continues killing.

ABILITIES

Lacerate

Kimble slices through an artery, dealing damage and applying a DoT for 3 seconds.

Damage: 60/120/180/240
DoT: 10/20/30/40
Manacost: 50/75/100/125
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12

Infection

Kimbel's basic attacks will apply a slow and a DoT for 2 seconds that stacks up to 3 times. (Orb)

Slow: 10/13/16/20%
DoT: 3/6/9/12
Manacost: 12 per attack.

Acupuncture

Kimbel impales a nerve, stunning the enemy and dealing damage.

Stun: 0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25 seconds
Damage: 60/120/180/240
Manacost: 80/105/130/155
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14

Sever

Kimbel slices through an enemy, appearing behind him and dealing damage to him and everyone around him. After using this ability, Kimbel gains a movement speed bonus.

Damage to target: 250/450/650
Damage in AoE: 100/300/500
Movespeed Bonus: +30/+50/+70
Cooldown: 120/100/80
Manacost: 200/300/400

Feel free to leave a comment below. Constructive criticism is accepted. Thanks for reading!

-Glayde

Changelog:

11/2/12: Nerfed all his skills, realized how OP he is. Also, changed his ultimate. :P

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » November 1, 2012 11:28pm | Report
Quoted:

"Oh, that was your artery? Too bad."

Alright that was a good quote, but aside from that, he seems very OP. Nice job for thinking of it though, even though his ultimate is a mix of Blink Strike and Laguna Blade

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » November 2, 2012 5:05am | Report
His orb is incredibly over-powered, in comparison to Drow, Viper and Clinkz. With a single attack he does 300 magic damage for 8 manacost, AND slows as much as Drow.

Also, it says he is a pusher. How?

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » November 2, 2012 5:05am | Report
WAYYY TOO OP - 1 hero that can deal 2k damage with all skill ROFL.. sorry friend, way to op.
first skill at max should be 200dmg + DOT - the CD is too low, it should be about 12 seconds or more

a 50% slow for just 8 mana --- think about that on it's own.. get rid of the slow, and change it for amplified damage for 5 seconds, stackable. like 1%,2%,4%,8%. not hardcore slow, that would be op on it's own- that is unique.. you're basically giving a hero a stronger buff than a skadi, for just 8 mana a hit..

9 sec cd on a 2.25sec stun, with 250 dmg.. no hero does that.. just reduce dmg, and inc cd - and it's balanced.

ulti is too much like juggernauts.. you can make it like QOP wave, where you physically move forward, through the crowd, invunerable, and appear on the other side. damage should be lower, but make the skill aoe around you - (with a very small radius) that may work..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » November 2, 2012 1:19pm | Report
Edited the skills. I realized how OP he is with his orb. All the other skills were nerfed also, in cooldown or damage. I think he's more like a Riki, with single target burst rather than AoE damage.

@Atlas: I put pusher because he can clear waves really fast later in the game.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » November 2, 2012 2:08pm | Report
I don't really see him as that much of a carry. Maybe if he were a strength or agility hero but then he doesn't have enough mana to spam his spells.

I also feel like Sever could be a little more original because it does seem like a blink strike laguna blade. The name got me thinking of cutting hamstrings or something so maybe it could be an aoe damage and slow centered around him?

And finally, is he a ranged or melee hero?

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » November 2, 2012 3:02pm | Report
He's melee, so that's why I thought he was balanced. All his abilities require him to be near an enemy.

Also, I changed his ultimate a bit due to the feedback I got.

Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » November 2, 2012 3:37pm | Report
Quoted:
I put pusher because he can clear waves really fast later in the game.

Same as a battlefury anti-mage and so forth, but anyways, his orb should only slow, not deal DoT

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » November 2, 2012 4:22pm | Report
I think it would be interesting if you made his Infection a stacking DoT like the way Ursa's fury swipes works. It would be really cool if it bounced to another unit around the affected one when it dies. My idea may sound like a little too much but I feel that it would be a cool and decent idea.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » November 2, 2012 4:54pm | Report
wilddeonpwn wrote:

Same as a battlefury anti-mage and so forth, but anyways, his orb should only slow, not deal DoT

Any hero with attack speed and bfury can clear a creep wave though, he still isn't qualified as a pusher.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved