Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea: Glass of Farsight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item Idea: Glass of Farsight 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 30, 2012 4:41pm | Report
yea I agree with xC02, it's a very strong item, whether or not you use it to shutdown ganks/etc, it's very good regardless

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 5, 2013 4:08pm | Report
What if you made it so if a team mate picks up the item it is still a gem of farsight and only goes back to a gem if the other team picks it up?
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » January 10, 2013 9:58pm | Report
I think this is pretty balanced. 1300 for a global sight reveal with a 1.5 minute cooldown and 1000 radius that requires you to pay 600 to get it fixed when you die, if you manage to pick it back up, and some truesight.

I don't see how this items can reliably stop smoke ganks. There are at least 3 different angles the enemy team can come at you to gank, and It's pretty unlikely that you'll chose the path they take, and the exact spot they're in, even if you see them 5 man pushing another lane and suddenly disappear.

I don't like how you don't have to get close to an enemy ward to find it, just point this thing to where you think the ward is and you'll see it. I suppose you have to go to it to destroy it though.

I think you should nerf this a bit. Longer CD, and a delay before sight comes?

daPhongster

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved