Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea: Glass of Farsight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item Idea: Glass of Farsight 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 30, 2012 8:58am | Report
Item Components: Gem of Truesight + Recipe (600)
Total Cost: 1300

Abilities:
Truesight (Passive): Gives the ability to see invisible units and wards.
Radius: 1100

Farsight (Active): Reveals a selected area on the map. Reveals invisible units, heroes and wards. Sight lasts 5 seconds.
Radius: 1000
Cooldown: 90 Seconds

More Information: Basically, this item works like gem with the added active. If you die while this is in your inventory, it will drop as a Gem of Truesight, not the Glass of Farsight. If it manages to make its way back to your inventory, you would have to upgrade it again by purchasing the recipe.

The active, Farsight, will show an animation, visible to both your team AND the enemy team, so the enemy knows that you are aware of them.

Share thoughts and opinions!

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by yubiyoy » December 30, 2012 9:06am | Report
I feel like this will force supports to buy gem even in gems when nobody uses invis :/

yubiyoy

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 30, 2012 9:11am | Report
It would set them back 1300 gold at that point, though. And gems are still commonly bought for de-warding.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 30, 2012 9:36am | Report
I propose that Roshan pit be unsightable.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 30, 2012 10:26am | Report
No, it will. It's intended to be a late game utility item, and a slight risk to carry, as not only does it drop like gem, but you lose the upgraded version. I doubt it would get picked up before 30-35 mins.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 30, 2012 10:28am | Report
Is that the sight radius or the cast radius?

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 30, 2012 11:21am | Report
Sight, cast radius is global. It's not really that OP, think about it. Clockworks missile reveals a part of the map roughly the same size, but deals damage and is on like a 10 second cooldown. Beastmaster hawk can scout rosh too.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 30, 2012 11:24am | Report
We're talking about an ability that allows you to decide if you want to smoke at base or can ruin a smoke gank from anywhere and can be picked up on everybody, these heroes are picked because they provide these rare abilities. If its global I don't think that this type of Far Seer ability should be able to give true sight.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 30, 2012 11:44am | Report
That's the point of it though. With a two minute cooldown, it's very situational. Saying that those heroes are picked for that mechanic is like saying that lifesteal items are OP because that's why Lifestealer is picked, giving it to other heroes is OP.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 30, 2012 11:49am | Report
Completely different mechanics that are incomparable, I'm just giving you the fact not the opinion that this would be far too easy to shutdown a smoke gank or initiate one. If you wanted something like this I would say make it a consumable, the ability to spam this every 2 minutes with no mana cost and for 600 gold is too good.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved