Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea - Necromancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea - Necromancer 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 21, 2013 8:37pm | Report
lol they can easily implement 5 skills, there is only a total of 16 because blood moon only has one upgrade and calcified bones has 3. If its that much of a problem, and they do implement him into the game (which would be awesome), they can combine blood moon and calcified bones (making the first upgrade blood moon, and the others giving a spell resistance). It would not go with Raise Dead, as i said before because that would make much too op, and a lower cooldown for the ultimate would not be a good idea considering the minion life-time (I don't want to lower the life time either because then the minions wouldn't be able to do anything, the point of me making this concept-thread is to try and get a true summoner hero as a character, not a partial one (and early in the game blood moon wouldn't be that good because at the starting level of raise dead it would be hard for the skeletal minions to kill creeps))

also lol I should probably fix that, thanks for notifying me (fixing it now)

+If you wouldn't mind, I'd like a little feedback on if i should make a change to blood moon, so it doesn't take place immediately and only occurs during the next night. or would channeled be better, where the necromancer cant move while using it, so it gives him the opportunity to control his summons?

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 22, 2013 1:40pm | Report
I updated his explanation.

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 28, 2013 10:03am | Report
On another note, all honesty, what is the chance that any of these heros will actually get added in? Like is there a Dota dude on this website that reads these things and will actually take a concept hero and put it in game, because i feel like by submitting this character idea, it lowers the chance for a necromancer actually being added in (because i feel they don't want to copy ideas), The reason I'm asking is because I don't see any of these hero/item ideas posted as actual Dota heros...

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » March 3, 2013 10:07pm | Report
I am pretty sure, correct me if I am wrong and please do not quote me on this, but Dota Fire is a community run web site made to improve less skilled player and it has absolutely zero ties to Valve. Unless of course Altus is Ice frog :)

If I am preaching nonsense can one of he higher up members correct me.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » March 4, 2013 9:11am | Report
awww... thanks for answering though. Your honesty is much appreciated

I'm going to try and send this character into Valve... or die trying *puts on sunglasses*

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 4, 2013 9:46am | Report
CaptKnuckles wrote:

awww... thanks for answering though. Your honesty is much appreciated

I'm going to try and send this character into Valve... or die trying *puts on sunglasses*

They won't accept it as is, it needs a lot of polish to even be considered, do you know how many times someone has tried to create a new hero? As far as I know, the only fan made hero is Kunkka and one other.

You'll need stats/stat gain per level, values like back swing and projectile speed, better images, ect...

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 5, 2013 3:22am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

They won't accept it as is, it needs a lot of polish to even be considered, do you know how many times someone has tried to create a new hero? As far as I know, the only fan made hero is Kunkka and one other.

You'll need stats/stat gain per level, values like back swing and projectile speed, better images, ect...

Kunkka is not fan made.Icefrog created Kunkka for the guy that made the loading screens for DotA,as his username was Kunkka.The only fanmade hero is Wisp,which only has 2 abilities out of 4 proposed by the original creator:Tether and Relocate.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 5, 2013 4:38am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Kunkka is not fan made.Icefrog created Kunkka for the guy that made the loading screens for DotA,as his username was Kunkka.The only fanmade hero is Wisp,which only has 2 abilities out of 4 proposed by the original creator:Tether and Relocate.

Fan made, fan inspired, whatever it had an interaction with a fan and thus only two out of about 100 heroes has been like this.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » March 5, 2013 3:23pm | Report
This conversation has gone really of topic but I thought Lina was an Anime character that they put in the game because of a poll.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » March 6, 2013 11:03am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Actually, Puck was a fan-made hero from a hero creation contest and I think Mirana was too

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved