Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea - Necromancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea - Necromancer 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 19, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Works :D
    Firefly is more than a ability >:D
    5 Invis kills on templar assassin :P (Batrider's Concoction)
    Play whats fun... Get into the hero's mindset.... Thats all the guide u need!

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Steam: cojazz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 20, 2013 10:38am | Report
SUCCESS!!!

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 20, 2013 10:50am | Report
I think the 80 sec cool down for raise dead is a mistake. I think blood moon should have a 180 sec cool down and have the summons last 15 sec that come from Blood moon. Does Calcified bones give Necromancer spell resistance or just his minions because if he got the residence it would help out his squishiness.

This will be that last time I say this. He is not a cary. An amazing pushing hero, but not a cary. With the strength and strength gain of Enchantress he will be killed in fight very fast.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 20, 2013 2:59pm | Report
lol how is he not a carry? at the start of the game, it will be basically impossible for him to not die, but later on is when will start doing damage.

Also your right about raise dead lol my bad, would 150 be better (it would have to be higher then 80 because of the minion lifetime, but i don't want to make it too long, then he would never be able to use it)? Also i like blood moon as is, because 15 seconds wouldn't give the summons enough time to do anything, they would just spawn next to the creeps and instantly get owned. Also Calcified bones doesn't give him spell resistance, also he is supposed to be squishy, necromancers are always squishy, its their undead pals are always the ones you should look out for. (thats why i made this character suggestion, there aren't really any heros whos main attribute is their summons)

on another note, do you think blood moon would be better if when you use it, it doesn't take place imediatly, and only occurs during the next night? or would channeled be better, where the necromancer cant move while using it, so it gives him the opertunity to control his summons

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 20, 2013 8:56pm | Report
Actually , As a summoner he shouldn't be a carry in the first place but mainly a Pusher , Ganker , Initiator , Jungler or Support and maybe even a Nuker

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraCommand » February 20, 2013 9:18pm | Report
I believe that in this case a carry is based upon the acquisition of lots of items and gold. Carrying is not really getting higher in level quicker. By saying that he is going to be much better later in game since his skills will be better is not carrying (at least not in my opinion)

CobraCommand

Notable (3)
Steam: Cobra~<
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 20, 2013 11:47pm | Report
makes sense, updating it now (lol I'm an idiot, i thought that carry was based off of their skills). also idk about ganker or initiator because he would suck at the start of the game, and if he were to initiate a team battle, he would definitely be the first to die

but yeah, i updated the roles and i changed the cooldown time for raise dead

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 21, 2013 6:23am | Report
I meant certain casters are initiators... :P Good update...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 21, 2013 4:31pm | Report
Thank you :D

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 21, 2013 4:50pm | Report
Maybe I should clarify on something that was said earlier. They will not implement a hero with 5 upgradable skills. Even Kael, Rubick, Puck, Doombringer, ect... only have 4 upgradable skills, these extras are either scaled with or aqcuired by one of their other skills. This system dates back to its Wc3 counterpart where the ability UI was a 3x4 square and they lined the 4 upgradable skills on the top line of the learn-skill UI.

A good way to incorporate one of your skills is to add it to another one of your skills. I still suggest adding calcified bones to the each level of the skeletons, or as a passive with your ultimate. Since there is not traditionally 3 levels of your ultimate, it will allow you to follow the rules of 3 levels of Ult upgrades as well as being able to scale your Ult to how far in the game you are. This would synergize with your problem of CD, where later in the game you could have a lower cool-down to use more, so its usefulness late game is still an equal threat as it was early game.

You also need to clear something up about the passive. Is it a chance percent to resurrect the enemy hero with full HP / Partial HP, or does it summon an invulnerable enemy hero that dissapates after a certain time has passed?

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved