Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea) 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 6, 2014 2:24pm | Report
Don't be sorreh. That won't do. Be happeh like meh!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 6, 2014 2:49pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Don't be sorreh. That won't do. Be happeh like meh!

To be fair I think you were one of the newest people that we added to our "group" so we probably started this before we knew you all that well :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 6, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Oh I don't care that much. You guys did a great job with it!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Azerevoli » July 9, 2014 1:28am | Report
I have problem with 1st skill bounty. why would you increase its speed but then reduce its bounty. i mean its getting harder to kill yet the bounty is getting worthless its sound op to mee. not mentioning the vision ok 1000 is fine but with 522 speed, holy hell. thats just my opinion thou.

Oblivious Memoirs - does it remove stun ?. whats mean reapllied with refreshed duration ? does it means if i was struck with Shadow Strike then 10 second later he cast Oblivious Memoirs and once the the duration is over i will get Shadwow Strike debuff again with refreshed duration ?

Blessing of Caduceous - i see its basicly like a mass Shallow Grave to friendly units except to himself. interesting. i could save a lot of life with it. one question does it chaneling ? and how the radius works does it follow him or stay at its initial cast point.

Azerevoli

Notable (1)
Steam: אזר (Muted)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 9, 2014 6:05am | Report
Azerevoli wrote:

I have problem with 1st skill bounty. why would you increase its speed but then reduce its bounty. i mean its getting harder to kill yet the bounty is getting worthless its sound op to mee. not mentioning the vision ok 1000 is fine but with 522 speed, holy hell. thats just my opinion thou.

Oblivious Memoirs - does it remove stun ?. whats mean reapllied with refreshed duration ? does it means if i was struck with Shadow Strike then 10 second later he cast Oblivious Memoirs and once the the duration is over i will get Shadwow Strike debuff again with refreshed duration ?

Blessing of Caduceous - i see its basicly like a mass Shallow Grave to friendly units except to himself. interesting. i could save a lot of life with it. one question does it chaneling ? and how the radius works does it follow him or stay at its initial cast point.

Actually a very valid point, but consider the following:
  • It is one solid skill slot taken for a Flying Courier that can be bought for 370 gold
  • There is absolutely no point in upgrading the courier since it's main objective is simply to give the item to heroes otherwise, and makes his skill build linear
  • With the vision and speed change, it can shifts from 370 gold item to permanent moving Observer Ward
  • What is the point of having a skill that spawns courier if the courier is as good as a simple Flying Courier?
So to sum up: It might be very (if not extremely) strong compared to a normal Flying Courier, but it is a skill slot that can otherwise be used for other purpose, say for disabling or aura. Let's put it this way: will you change Counter Helix on Axe for a skill that gives free OP courier? Well, then again, it might be a bit too strong, what do you suggests then? Probably I'll reduce the vision range and make the bounty stay if everybody agrees.

For the next point, yes, that's exactly what I meant when I said that the duration is reapplied, making this skill a double edged sword. Stuns can be cleansed (of course, not the stuns to him) and is also reapplied afterwards. Rule of thumb: the same cleansing as Aphotic Shield, Diffusal Blade, Kraken Shell and the rest

It is not channeling, and does move alongside with him (similar to Voodoo Restoration)

Anyway, thanks for the comment :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Azerevoli » July 9, 2014 6:27am | Report
no the vision is a good thing as it purposed to scout. yep make the bounty stay at first level. probably reduce the movements speed a bit since it already has Speed Burst and Divine Protection :). wait how fast does flying courier movement speed ?

Azerevoli

Notable (1)
Steam: אזר (Muted)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 12, 2015 5:54pm | Report
Needs to be Bumped, we spent so much time on this... it was so good, the beginning of a long friendship.
We need to do this more often, guys.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 12, 2015 5:57pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Needs to be Bumped, we spent so much time on this... it was so good, the beginning of a long friendship.
We need to do this more often, guys.

Yeah, maybe we should! It's been so nice knowing you guys, and I wouldn't have gone to any other dota forum instead if I had the chance :P.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 12, 2015 6:07pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Yeah, maybe we should! It's been so nice knowing you guys, and I wouldn't have gone to any other dota forum instead if I had the chance :P.

Well, if Bunkansee/kkoopman3/Yzreel/ThreadofFate/ or anyone else want to join us, we can try again!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » January 13, 2015 12:38am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Well, if Bunkansee/kkoopman3/Yzreel/ThreadofFate/ or anyone else want to join us, we can try again!

*swirling wine in glass* Gooood, gooood. My plan is coming together...

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved