Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea) 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 13, 2015 12:58am | Report
boy,how many times have i told you not to put grape juice in my glassware?

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » January 13, 2015 5:17am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

boy,how many times have i told you not to put grape juice in my glassware?

You aint the boss of me!

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 13, 2015 7:25am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

*swirling wine in glass* Gooood, gooood. My plan is coming together...

That's really creepy. Maybe that's why I didn't include you in the PM.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » January 13, 2015 11:11am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

That's really creepy. Maybe that's why I didn't include you in the PM.

......Well now I'm just sad :/

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » January 13, 2015 5:29pm | Report
Honestly, i really don't know when someone would need 3 couriers. I think the perma invis is enough, adding another snake would be kind of useless as you wouldn't need that many couriers, but would make scouting way too easy. Also is the snake magic immune like a regular courier? In my opinion, i wouldn't make it magic immune, as having a perma invis moving ward is just op, but a perma invis moving ward that you can waste mana on is a different story.

I may sound hypocritical, but with the extra couriers, couldn't Hermes become a multi-purpose support and possibly a carry?

Think about it, one snake could hold Hermes' active items, like mek, pipe refresher and possibly mana boots. Then, Hermes' second snake could hold agh. scepter, bottle, and maybe a whoel bunch of Clarities, Healing salves, dust of appearance, smoke and wards. Finally, Hermes himself would carry stat items and auras, e.g Vladmir's, Heart, Sheepstick...etc. When Hermes needs to heal himself, he exchanges mek for heart, uses it, then exchanges it again. Heck, Hermes would make an excellent Carry if you could grab a sheepstick, hex, grab a divine, deal over 9000 damage, and return the Divine to the snake to avoid dropping it.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 13, 2015 5:35pm | Report
Scezory, that Rapier trick would work except for one thing. Rapiers aren't drop-able.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » January 13, 2015 10:24pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Rapiers aren't drop-able

Passive: Drop - Drops on death. If an ally picks up the Divine Rapier, it will remain droppable and provide no damage bonus except to its original owner. If an enemy picks up the Divine Rapier however, it will retain its damage bonus but can no longer be dropped except by death. Once this happens, anybody who picks up the Divine Rapier afterwards will receive the damage bonus.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » January 14, 2015 1:27pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Scezory, that Rapier trick would work except for one thing. Rapiers aren't drop-able.

O whoops.

But it doesn't have to be a rapier.

The point is, is that Hermes would be able to change his items when he needs to, and he would be able to do it instantly.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShiShiOkami » January 20, 2015 3:46am | Report
This hero has a great number of useful ability, each offering amazing support in the right situation. However, my issue is with this hero as a whole. He doesn't offer any real offensive potential.

He can ensure his ally team has great map awareness, item efficiency, and decent team fight tactics. Beyond this hes lacking. He has almost zero impact in lane support, ganking (besides a slight slow, if timed correctly), zoning enemy heroes, or pushing, which is troublesome for a support. I think he needs a hard disable/nuke, or heal to be viable.

Perhaps these incredible abilities could be used to create two hero ideas, rather than one.

ShiShiOkami

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » January 20, 2015 11:50am | Report
Thanks for Scezory and ShiShiOkami for commenting, however this is a collective idea and I'm afraid I cannot change the ideas since it would require all of us to talk about it again. Anyway, more importantly, I cannot help but notice that this is the only your first/second post here shishi, so mind if I say:

Welcome!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved