Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HCC Entry: Technomancer, Kybur

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » HCC Entry: Technomancer, Kybur 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » July 3, 2017 6:41pm | Report
Author's Notes

Change Log

Technomancer, Kybur

LORE

Aeons ago an unknown scientist toiled away in his laboratory deep beneath the surface. The denizens of his world feared his advanced technologies, misunderstanding them to be the work of dark sorcery. At first he appreciated the solitude, he could pour everything into his work. But as the years slipped by he became resentful of the world who feared him and his work, isolating him to the depths. With hate in his heart and an overwhelming sense of loneliness he set out to build a companion. A golem of immense complexity and power. It was an utter failure. The creature performed beautifully in all tests save one. It only did as it was told but had no sense of self. After decades of work with little progress he decided the sorcery maybe be his only solution. The scientist decided to use dark magics to fuse his soul with the heap of metal and thus the Kybur the Technomancer was born. The scientist had created artificial conscientiousness however it had come at a price. In its soul rested a singular motivation, hate for all.

STATISTICS

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Initiator, Nuker, Durable, Disable

Str: 21 + 2.1 (71 at 25)
Agi: 11 + 1.3 (42 at 25)
Int: 25 + 2.9 (94 at 25)

Level Base 1 15 25
Health 200 620 1200 1620
H. Regen 0 1.26 3 4.26
Mana 75 350 790 1109
M. Regen 0.01 1.01 2.61 3.76
Damage 21-27 46-52 86-92 115-121
Armor 1 2.54 5.06 6.88
Spell Dmg 0% 1.75% 4.55% 6.58%
Att/Sec 0.58 0.65 0.76 0.84

Movement Speed Turn Rate Vision Range Attack Range Projectile Speed Attack Animation Base Attack Time Magic Resistance Collision Size Legs
295 0.5 1800/800 500 1150 0.42+0.42 1.7 25% 24 2

SKILLS

[Q] SPACIAL RIFT

Creates a portal that sends friends and foes alike to a pocket-dimension for a brief moment before rather forcefully returning them.

Ability: Target Area
Affect: Enemies / Allies
Damage: Magical
Pierces Spell Immunity: No

Cast Animation: 0.3+0.3
Cast Range: 675 (Talent: 725)
Effect Delay: 0.45
Portal Length: 350
Portal Width: 50
Damage: 75/150/225/300 (Talent: 82.5/165/247.5/330)
Portal Duration: 3
Cooldown: 22/20/18/16 (Talent: 18.7/17/15.3/13.6)
Mana Cost: 125/140/155/170

notes

[Q] SECONDARY RIFT

Prematurely returns units that entered the portal created by Kybur. A new portal is created in the direction of Kybur’s current location, at fixed distances.

Ability: No Target
Affect: Enemies / Allies

Cast Animation: 0.3+0.25
Cast Range: Global
Portal Distance from Origin: 275/325/375/425 (Talent: 325/375/425/475)
Portal Length: 350
Portal Width: 50
Slow Radius: 350
Slow Duration: 0.75/0.95/1.15/1.35
Slow Percent: 20%
Cooldown: 0
Mana Cost: 0

notes

[W] TRANSDIMENSIONAL ARMOR

The armor Kybur wears was designed to store a percentage of incoming damage in his pocket-dimension to be unleashed at a later time. If Kybur chooses, he can will the armor to absorb extra damage for a short duration.

Ability: Passive / No Target / Aura (Talent)
Affect: Self / Allies (Talent)

Aura Radius: 0 (Talent: 500)
Passive Damage Reduced and Absorbed: 12%/15%/18%/21%
Additional Active Damage Reduction: 11%/12%/13%/14%
Active Reduction Duration: 2
Absorbed Damage Capacity: 320/380/440/500
Active Reduction Cooldown: 12 (Talent: 10.2)
Active Reduction Mana Cost: 80

notes

[E] DIMENSIONAL BURST

Releases the energies stored by Kybur’s Transdimensional Armor, briefly stunning and damaging enemies as well as hurting himself. The damage caused by the burst is done in the damage type received.

Ability: No Target
Affect: Enemies / Self
Damage: Physical / Magical / Pure
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes / No / Yes

Cast Animation: 0+0.5
Damage Radius: 550
Mini Stun: 0.5
Base Damage: 25
Transdimensional Armor Capacity as Damage: 57%/60%/65%/70% (Talent: 62.7%/66%/71.5%/77%)
Damage to Self: 30%/27%/24%/20%
Cooldown: 6 (Talent: 5.1)
Mana Cost: 75

notes

[R] - DIMENSIONAL LEAK

Kybur opens up a portal to the pocket-dimension allowing energies to seep through. Dimensional energy pulsates out in a conical shape from either side of the portal making opponents more susceptible to magic as well as damaging them.

Ability: Target Area
Affect: Enemies
Damage: Magic
Pierces Spell Immunity: Damage - No / Effect - Yes

Cast Animation: 0.48+0.25
Cast Range: 500 (Talent: 575)
Pulse Starting Radius: 300
Pulse Travel Distance: 300
Pulse End Radius: 450
Portal Duration: 4
Base Damage Per Pulse: 45/60/75 (Talent: 49.5/66/82.5)
Transdimensional Armor Capacity as Damage per Pulse: 6%/8%/10% (Talent: 6.6%/8.8%/11%)
Pulses Per Second: 2
Base Magic Resistance Reduction: 15%
Magic Resistance Reduction Duration: 3
Cooldown: 120/105/90 (Talent: 102/89.25/76.5)
Mana Cost: 165/225/285

notes

TALENTS

Level 10: +5 Armor // +20% Experience Gain
Level 15: +15% Cooldown Reduction // +25 Movement Speed
Level 20: +10% Spell Amplification // +50 Spacial/Secondary Rift Cast Range
Level 25: +1 Dimension Leak Pulse per second // Transdimensional Armor is an Aura

notes

AGHANIM'S SCEPTER

[E] DIMENSIONAL SURGE

Moves Kybur in a selected direction. The distance is based on amount of damage stored. The force of the surge is so great that it drags enemy Heroes a short distance if caught in Kybur’s path.

Ability: Target Point
Affect: Enemy Heroes / Self
Damage: Physical / Magical / Pure
Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes / No / Yes

Cast Animation: 0.3+0.4
Cast Range: Global
Damage Radius: 350 (550 Quick Cast)
Mini Stun: 0.5
Max Surge Range: 640/760/880/1000
Minimum Surge Range: 200/250/300/350
Distance Based on Current Transdimensional Armor Capacity: 200%
Surge Speed: 1100
Base Damage: 25
Transdimensional Armor Capacity as Damage: 57%/60%/65%/70% (Talent: 62.7%/66%/71.5%/77%)
Damage to Self: 30%/27%/24%/20%
Cooldown: 6 (Talent: 5.1)
Mana Cost: 75

notes

GAME PLAY

With the current popularity of roaming supports and my personal play style of ‘take fights all the time’, Kybur the Technomancer was born. I see him as either a Position 3 or 4.

In the offlane he can take quite a bit of punishment without having to back up because of his passive damage reduction. He can also control the creep equilibrium with his [Q]; holding his creeps back or pulling enemy creeps behind his tower (this actually makes him a REALLY strong presence in any lane). He benefits from the solo experience quite well since his skills are strengthened by one another (his [E] and [R] do damage relating to his [W]). But should his lane become too pressured he can’t fall back to the jungle very well.

This is one reason that I like him as a Position 4 roaming support. Any lane he goes to he provides excellent ganking opportunities as well as the aforementioned creep equilibrium control. While Technomancer definitely benefits from having solo experience, he can make do with few levels thanks largely in part to his [Q].

Moving into the middle of the game Technomancer looks to fight as often as possible and few items to execute on that game plan. Having a Force Staff or a Blink Dagger are pretty essential but anything else is icing on top. His skills really support this low cost and heavy action play style. Technomancer’s [Q] gives him great initiation and his [W] and [E] give him sustain and solid damage output.

Going late with him isn’t the best but he definitely brings some value to the table. The current meta is seeing more and more big team fights. Technomancer’s ultimate, paired with other heroes, can dish out significant damage. His [E] also scales fairly well because as enemy heroes begin to dish out damage in high quantities more quickly, Technomancer can build it up and throw it back just as fast on this low cooldown spell.

Art

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FangzofFuzzy » July 4, 2017 1:58am | Report
Here to return some feedback. For formatting, all the mentions of talents in the abilities kind of clutter the page up. If you want to keep them, to clean up the page I'd recommend either making the font smaller or italicizing it so as to not take away too much attention from the abilities themselves.

Could you explain both Qs to me? Not going to lie, I do feel a little lost while going through the descriptions.

Transdimensional Armor by itself feels quite weak. I mean, Dispersion is both it and Dimensional Burst in one spell at larger values, only being surpass by Transdimensional Armor's active. I like that Dimensional Burst makes you yourself take damage, making the damage reduction really feel like just a temporary shift to his pocket dimension, but the fact that his damage reduction has a limit makes it weak. I also personally feel that it is weird to have 2 separate basic abilities with one completely relying on the other to function at all. I'll make some suggestions that you can pick apart for yourself:

W: Transdimensional Armor

Reduce and store a portion of all damage taken in his pocket dimension, up to a limit. He can activate Transdimensional Armor to forcefully remove all stored damage.

Damage Reduction: 20%
Limit: 200/300/400/500
Cost: 200
Cooldown: 50/40/30/20

E: Dimension Burst

Unleash a burst from his pocket dimension to knock back nearby enemies. This will also release all stored damage from Transdimensional Armor, dealing it to himself and all affected enemies.

Cost: 25
Cooldown: 16/8/12/4

His ultimate is certainly an interesting one. But is there a purpose to having the portal have a specific length and width? Does it function as terrain for its duration in that units cannot walk through it?

FangzofFuzzy

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » July 6, 2017 1:13pm | Report
FangzofFuzzy wrote:
Here to return some feedback.

I appreciate it!

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
For formatting, all the mentions of talents in the abilities kind of clutter the page up. If you want to keep them, to clean up the page I'd recommend either making the font smaller or italicizing it so as to not take away too much attention from the abilities themselves.

Noted and fixed with italics and other tweaks.

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
Could you explain both Qs to me? Not going to lie, I do feel a little lost while going through the descriptions.

This is a problem I keep having. Had some friends review this before posting here and they were a bit confused too but I don't know how to state it better. This hero opens a portal and ALL units that touch the portal get removed from the game. After 3 seconds of the portal existing, all units get put back. Think of Astral Imprisonment and Darkseer Ult. HOWEVER, if you press [Q] again, within those 3 seconds, the units get brought back in a different portal that is placed closer to you.

Hopefully that clears things up?

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
Transdimensional Armor by itself feels quite weak. I mean, Dispersion is both it and Dimensional Burst in one spell at larger values, only being surpass by Transdimensional Armor's active. I like that Dimensional Burst makes you yourself take damage, making the damage reduction really feel like just a temporary shift to his pocket dimension, but the fact that his damage reduction has a limit makes it weak. I also personally feel that it is weird to have 2 separate basic abilities with one completely relying on the other to function at all.

I agree with you so I buffed the damage reduction. I left the limit because I don't want it to just be something you can skill up and forget about.

I also took to heart what you said about the 2 abilities being way to dependent on one another so I made Dimensional Burst a little more stand alone. Gave it a mini stun and some base damage. This gives the skill quite a bit of value even without the Armor.

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
His ultimate is certainly an interesting one. But is there a purpose to having the portal have a specific length and width? Does it function as terrain for its duration in that units cannot walk through it?

That was there to help people understand the visual appearance of the skill but I moved it into the notes to help clear up unnecessary clutter.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FangzofFuzzy » July 7, 2017 6:30am | Report
I suppose that explanation clears it up so it's a little easier to get now. So units who walk into the portal during its duration will also get banished? Also when you cast Secondary Rift, are enemies damaged AND slowed or just slowed?

I feel that the level 20 talent cast range talent is weak. Rubick gains +75 to all spells at the same level, so I recommend either making it +100 for both Qs or make it a level 15 talent for that value. Also, the level 25 ultimate talent feels iffy as while an extra 250 AoE damage is nice, the delayed nature means you're not going to always get the full value of this talent unlike say, Ether Shock's talent or Thunder Strike's level 25 talent. Unless of course, does the magic resistance reduction stack? If it does, then I certainly will admit that the talent becomes all the scarier.

Good luck in the contest!

FangzofFuzzy

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » July 7, 2017 11:22am | Report
FangzofFuzzy wrote:

I suppose that explanation clears it up so it's a little easier to get now. So units who walk into the portal during its duration will also get banished? Also when you cast Secondary Rift, are enemies damaged AND slowed or just slowed?

The damage only applies to the first portal. The slow only applies if the second portal is cast. I'll try to make this more clear, might just add it to the notes.

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
I feel that the level 20 talent cast range talent is weak. Rubick gains +75 to all spells at the same level, so I recommend either making it +100 for both Qs or make it a level 15 talent for that value.

The level 20 talent adds +50 range to each spell. This equates to 100 additional range that players can be displaced. I also want people to consider the 10% Spell Amp so I think I'll leave it be.

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
Also, the level 25 ultimate talent feels iffy as while an extra 250 AoE damage is nice, the delayed nature means you're not going to always get the full value of this talent unlike say, Ether Shock's talent or Thunder Strike's level 25 talent. Unless of course, does the magic resistance reduction stack? If it does, then I certainly will admit that the talent becomes all the scarier.

I agree that +2 pulses is a bit lack luster now that I reexamine it. I'm not exactly sure what to change it to though. I was thinking either +1 pulse per second (that's 8 -> 12 pulses == +250 -> +500 damage) but that might be too strong. Or maybe level 25 has 2 talents for the Armor. It could instead increase the capacity which would buff 3 spells (but maybe that's also too strong). Balance is hard.

As for the magic resistance reduction. Each pulse can apply the debuff but it only refreshes the duration. The only way to stack the debuff would be with 2 ultmates (i.e. get a refresher and plop 2 of them down).

FangzofFuzzy wrote:
Good luck in the contest!

Thanks, you too!

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved