Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hama, the Witch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hama, the Witch 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 17, 2014 6:45pm | Report
Kentard wrote:

Not really too sure about the spell synergy here...

[Q]
~250 ish damage with magic resist, on a 5s CD, around midgame seem fairly reasonable. Not too bad for finishing fleeing Heroes.
This is the only spell I don't really have a contention with.

[W]
The utility it provides wildly outclasses Demonic Purge, with the ability to lock out physical DPS and slow for 100%, rendering already niched heroes like Night Stalker and Ursa effectively useless. No way this isnt OP at 18s CD.

[E]
This really depends on what you classify as a "disable" - Cyclone? Silence?
Now maybe we consider, say, Dragon Tail on an ally. 4s stun on everyone? I don't think so.

It's an interesting spell concept, but to turn every single target spell into Storm Hammer or Global Silence gets ridiculous very quickly.

[R]
The only spell I can actually say is lackluster with respect to the other spells in the Witch's kit. While the rest provide some large scale disables, this one is merely a watered down version of Life Drain with Astral Imprisonment.
Maybe consider using elements of the old Mortal Strike; it offers a greater degree of disabling power in a short burst of time.

I agree, Bewitch might be too strong. I'll reduce the duration to 2.5/3/4/5 and keep the cooldown at a constant 25.

Shared Suffering doesn't work with stuns and mutes. Silences, yes. Cyclones and ensnares should be no. I'll add it to the notes. In the end, it only shares slows, silences and disarms (and all of the Witch's spells). Maybe instead of listing what cannot be shared, I should list those that can :P.

When I created this hero, I wanted it to be one that specializes in long-drawn suffering, and I don't really want that to change. Mortal Strike wouldn't exactly go with that. Spirit Drain isn't exactly a Life Drain - ish spell. It is NOT a channelling spell. You apply the debuff instantly and the strength is drained while providing you with intelligence. This means that, with Shared Suffering, you can potentially temporarily gain a total of 60/90/120 intelligence! This all goes towards increasing your damage AND Hexfire will deal a LOT of damage! That's pretty powerful to me. I forgot to specify a duration for the steal, though. How does 15 seconds sound?

Thank you for the feedback!

EDIT:
Forgot to address the spell synergy!

The whole combo is you cast the Hexfire on an enemy, then you use Bewitch to activate the damage. If there are any other enemies in the area, you can cast Shared Suffering so they take the damage over time from the Hexfire and also suffer from the disarm and slow from Bewitch. Before allies cast their disables, you can cast your Hexfire to deal additional damage. Spirit Drain is best saved for situations where you get to fight more opponents. Basically, the combo is the same, except that you cast Spirit Drain on an enemy in the circle, which transfers the debuff to all other enemies in the circle. They become weaker (they lose 228/342/456 of their maximum health), you become a lot stronger. In the lore, it mentions that she drains the life out of her guinea pigs to further her own power. Here it is in action.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » December 17, 2014 11:54pm | Report
If prolonged suffering is the theme maybe work with negative feedback, or long-duration debuffs that deliberately irritate an opponent, thereby making Hama a constant danger on the battlefield, at least until Magic Immunity is obtained.
For inspiration maybe work with mechanics similar to Silencer: he doesn't silence directly, but his presence greatly annoys spellcasters, forcing them to back off.

A few ideas here; do bear with me if they're not what you wanted:

[W]
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Enemies
The target is horribly disfigured, greatly slowing it as long as it stays near Hama.
Moreover, the inflicted curse weakens its attacks with every strike, dealing an instance of HP Removal damage that simultaneously lowers its base damage.
If it moves out of the area, it is further disarmed for a short period of time.

- 500 cast range
- 700 curse AOE
- 50% slow

Debuff #1:
- 10/18/26/34 base damage penalty per attack, max 2/3/4/5 stacks
- 20/30/40/50 damage
- 5 s curse duration
- 6/8/10/12 s damage penalty duration

Debuff #2:
- 1.5/2.25/3/3.75 s disarm
- Goes through Magic Immunity, but is dispelled by Magic Immunity

- 110/120/130/140 mana cost
- 30 second cooldown

OR:

[W]
Type: Target-Unit
Affects: Enemies
The target is horribly disfigured, greatly slowing it for a lengthy duration, while movement speed recovers over time.
If the target is hit by any of Hama's other spells, it regains full movement speed, but procs a disarm debuff.
- 700 cast range
- 100% slow, recovers over duration
- 8 s duration
- 2/2.5/3/3.5 second disarm duration
- 110/120/130/140 mana cost
- 30 second cooldown

The proposed edits allows Hama's combo to work as such: Q → E → W, and Q again, causing W to proc a second time and Q to damage twice.

On top of that, let's take a look at E:
Type: Target Unit
Affects: Enemy Heroes
Thee Witch draws a circle around a target unit that links the fate of all enemy heroes in an area. Slows, silences, disarms and all of the Witch's spell debuffs are shared between the main target and enemy heroes in the circle for a short duration.
- 1.6s delay
- 400 cast range
- 300/375/450/525 radius
- 5.5s duration
- 180/160/140/120 mana cost
- 55/50/45/40 second cooldown

I'd also suggest lowering the ASU to 7/8/9s. The stat boost is very significant.
On top of that consider a break distance for her ultimate at, say, 850 range?
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved