Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation 3 - Submissions!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation 3 - Submissions! 54 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 6, 2014 3:17am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Editing after posting is not allowed.

Too late to say :p
Well the only edits are like the first one hour from the posting(i think it was before you even read it)so what would happen? I promise i wont edit anymore

And I did say I might edit a little :3

Edit: I kindly asks everybody to add reference, since there may be someart of doto lores that I or others didnt know, so it may be easier for us to relate the new lore with the doto lore.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 6, 2014 7:07pm | Report
ok so ill post mine up in a ouple of hours but i better warn people... i dont expect to be graded well on it since well.... i went in the completely different direction to how things are graded.

so in advance apologies but i hope a few of you will laugh and think my take on Axe a refreshing one.

stay tuned....

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 6, 2014 8:09pm | Report
“Mine!” Grunted a guttural voice from the darkness, “MINE!!!” it roared again. The surrounding chieftains Smiled at each other as the youths voice trumpeted throughout the babes tent.
Urag the Toe Eater leaned over to his subordinate with a grim but expectant smile, “This Pup shall have a Name before his tenth season, I wager my necklace on it!!” as he was saying he pointed to his thick neck where a rope of sinew was found bearing a multitude of human elf and daemon toes. As with all orcs they were born and lived for many years nameless until given a telling name upon a great achievement or failure. Bog the Smelly arse learned this the hard way.
The pup in question toddled over to his younger brother and punched him face with surprising force for one so young. “MINE!!” he said with finality as he took the meat stick from his quieter smaller brother. At this his brother burst out in tears and wailed and wailed. “SHUT THAT PUP UP!!!” roared the assembled chiefs from outside the tent.
the subordinate leaned back towards Urag “ That other mite though I wager will be dead on his first battle”
“Aye, I agree with that!! He has no fire in him, No battle hunger, No strength he won’t go far at all!”

Years passed and the Army of the red mist moved back and forth across the land slaying and conquering as they pleased the Elder pup grew strong and skilled with many blades, his brother on the other hand grew strong as well as big But he was never found in battles he seemed to only be found during the feasts of victory afterwards where he danced harder than any other.
But as with Orc culture he was shunned.
“To fight is to be an Orc” his elder brother Roared at him more than once.
“I don’t want to FIGHT” he roared back. This war of words was unusual for the orcs in the army. Any arguments were sorted out by axe or blade or fists. Yet these two brothers roared and roared but never fought. Soon the whispers started “they are both weak” “they are both useless” even though the elder fought in battles and won more victories because of his younger brother he could never gain a Telling Name.
One day as the storm clouds rolled in to quell the still burning corpse fires of another Red Army victory. The whispers turned to shouts. A Grunt pointed to the brothers from across a Body fat fire, “HAHA Look at the dancing one HAHA its nearly as pathetic as its brother!!!” at this the Elder roared challenge and strode across the flames to grip the grunt by its throat before caving its skull in. but the whispers were now shouts “ The Dancing brothers HAHAHA Now that is a good name!!”
Watching from where he was sitting the younger brother saw a change come over his brother.
“NO MORE” the elder Roared striding back across to his brother he swung an almighty fist that connected with a sound that made even the toughest Orc wince. “FIGHT” he screamed at his younger brother.
“FIGHT!!!!!”
“no”
“FIGHT YOU WOURTHLESS ORC FIGHT!”
At this the elder yanked out his blade from his belt and swung it with all his might at his brother.

Who wasn’t there.

Sliding across the ground he grabbed a Axe off the ground and lifted it weakly to defend himself. Blow after blow rained down upon him but he didn’t fight back. A pause could be felt and he looked from behind the axe at his older brother.

Hanging his head the words stretched across to him.

“I have no brother” then he leaped across towards his younger brother but this time with death in his heart and murder in his eyes.

The sword descended upon him its steel glinting in the pale green corpse fires, the younger brother closed his eyes knowing this to be the end. As he did so he could feel the his heart beating out a rhythm, the surrounding Orcs were stamping their feet expecting a kill and the beat got louder. Time seemed to slow down for the younger brother until all he could feel, all he could hear was the steady beat of his blood and the rhythm of his heart. And so ....

he danced.

Pirouetting off his feet his axe swung in a graceful circle cleaving into those orcs who got to close his brother jumped back in surprise. But it was too late the rhythm had taken him, his eyes closed he leapt and he jumped and he swung he turned circles that dazzled and he soared on feet so light he felt like he was floating. His axe sailed through the air with the beauty of a hawk its edge finding the weak spots in armour and the soft flesh it cleaved was as paper to it. The younger brother could feel nothing apart from the dance and so … he danced some more.
And some more
And some more… until he collapsed on his knee’s expecting his death. When it didn’t come he opened his eyes and looked around to … death it lay all around him as far as he could see was dead orcs and broken tents and huts. Not a soul stirred, except one.
A low grunt echoed across the desolated Army.
Hurrying over the younger brother found his elder lying broken and cut amount the rest.
Leaning closer his elder brother grasped the shaft of the axe and thumped it against his younger brother’s chest. A long slow tortured breath was drawn and with his final words he named him.
“You are AXE “

hahaha this was fun to write... in all honesty theres not much that i could have done that was orginal with axe and i tried to keep it short ... i really really did but aww well ...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 7, 2014 4:30am | Report
There's only 6 posted out of 12. And the deadline is tomorrow. People, what did we learn from the last FoC?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 7, 2014 4:33am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

There's only 6 posted out of 12. And the deadline is tomorrow. People, what did we learn from the last FoC?

Oh noes.... Not again... I dont think they are as enthusiasthic, or just plain busy
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » October 7, 2014 4:43am | Report
Moral of the story: keep to your commitments or don't make them.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 7, 2014 4:51am | Report
What now? Shall we ignore them and we move on to voting? No waiting one more day, man. It makes the deadline inconsistent.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 7, 2014 7:34am | Report
So, Abaddon eh? Well, I got a Lore of Avernus right here. (kill me). Lets rework the whole "Nobleman of House Avernus" thing and throw in some parallels to Omniknight, some references to Nyx, some Revelations, and some of Persona 3's villain... Nyx in there.

There was once a paladin, one that had never once questioned, but always was curious to explore. The world was so vast, and the paladins of the Yellow Crusade were out to find recruits all over the world. Anywhere he went, if there was trouble, he protected all that needed aid.

While on a survey alone, local villagers pointed him in the direction of a cave which was believed to be cursed. While investigated the cave the Paladin found it was full of scarabs, servants to Nyx, protecting an ancient treasure. This treasure was the Lamp of Avernus, a small shiny artifact shrouded by a dark mist. The Paladin had a large fight for his life, using all the spells his tome had to use in order to overcome the servants of Nyx. After the long and fierce battle, the Paladin went to the treasure to explore whatever great powers it may have. He reached for it, and slid his fingers briefly on its reflective shell.

In a blurring moment, the shell had shattered and imbued itself into the man's soul; the man had lost his name, taken in only by the powers of the Avernus. It was a morphic power, one that could do almost anything and it was as cold as death. The man had a name, an inherited identity, Abaddon, the Lord of Avernus. The Avernus brought forth the lives of Abaddon's former selves to his eyes. Three visions. The first vision was one where an army of the dead was led to crush a living army. The second vision showed a rider that had torn an entire civilization to shreds with only his words. The final vision was one of despair, with countless numbers writhing in pain from the worst suffering. Abaddon then became aware of what he was to do with the Avernus.

Witnessing the dead scarabs all over and kicking over the carcasses, Abaddon made grabbed the head of a zealot scarab to use as his helmet, disgusted by their devotion to killing for a goddess when the only truth of death is that it has no meaning. Giving death meaning was an injustice when death is only dealt out by fate. Abaddon ran out to slaughter the village that told him where the Avernus was. Harvesting their souls, he summoned a steed to carry him all over the world once again, this time to show that it matters not who or what you are, death awaits all who cross the path of Abaddon.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 7, 2014 8:56am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Oh noes.... Not again... I dont think they are as enthusiasthic, or just plain busy

Well in theory the deadline is until 24:00 tomorrow (Kappa). But still, yes.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » October 7, 2014 9:04am | Report
I won't be able to finish on time, sadly. I have a trip tomorrow and I will be back on Friday. Its better to continue without me.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved