Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Drow Ranger rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Drow Ranger rework 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 11, 2015 3:22pm | Report
Drow Ranger Rework

Q: Frost Arrow
Type: No Target
Affects: Enemies
Traxex prepares an enchanted arrow. Her next attack slows enemies around the target. Affected enemies also gain a Brittle debuff, which amplifies their physical damage taken.
- 300 slow radius
- 30/40/50/60% slow
- 10/15/20/25% physical damage amplification
- 4 second duration
- 50/60/70/80 mana cost
- 10/9/8/7 second cooldown

An ice-encased arrow pierces the silence, chilling enemies to their core.

Notes:

W: Gust (unchanged)

Notes:

E: Elusive
Type: No Target
Affects: Self
When activated, Traxex gains the ability to phase through trees for a short duration. During the first 1.5 seconds, Traxex also receives a speed boost.
- +40% speed boost
- 1.5 second speed boost duration
- 3/4/5/6 second phase duration
- 50 mana cost
- 15 second cooldown

The Drow people are very light on their feet and adept at moving through thick underbrush. Living in the woods with her adopted family, Traxex picked up these traits very quickly.

Notes:

R: Marksmanship
Type: Passive
Affects: Self
Traxex passively gains additional agility and the ability to attack and cast while moving without stopping. This ability deactivates when an enemy hero is 300 units from her.
- 40/60/80 bonus agility

No archer can match her skill with the bow.

Notes:

This new take on drow focuses more on movement. Yasha + phase is core. Mask of Madness is still situational. If she is initiated on, she is still very easy to kill, but now she can perform surprise initiations and escapes with Elusive. She may not right click as hard as the old drow, but her gameplay becomes more dynamic. Tell me what you think!

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 11, 2015 11:51pm | Report
Cool! Would love it if Drow was less of a shoot-enemies-while-standing-still-with-frost-arrows-and-oh-look-a-caster-silence-continue-shooting-type of hero :)

I'm not going to comment on how these should be balanced, but the changes are really interesting!
Frost Arrow: (Really big AoE aside,) I like the fact that the skill now requires some tactical decision making and timing.
Elusive: Interesting and unique. Sort of similar to WR's Windrun. I like the low duration and cool down.

These changes makes Drow a much worse carry and much better ganker, which I am fine with :)
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 12, 2015 12:15am | Report
To me this feels like you are just turning Drow Ranger into an inferior Windranger.

She's still really squishy, she doesn't have anything that really lets her scale into the late game, and you've just made her damage out-put much weaker.

Whereas Windranger has arguably better CC (Since Shackleshot is really powerful as stun). Definately better escape potential. Better in lane harrass thanks to Windrun and Power Shot. Better depush, and better push/better damage steroid. (Since you removed her best ability...).

I just don't see when I'd want to pick her over other heroes with these changes? At least current Drow Ranger has a defined niche that she is good in.

Sorry if I've sounded overly critical.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 12, 2015 12:45am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

To me this feels like you are just turning Drow Ranger into an inferior Windranger.

She's still really squishy, she doesn't have anything that really lets her scale into the late game, and you've just made her damage out-put much weaker.

Whereas Windranger has arguably better CC (Since Shackleshot is really powerful as stun). Definately better escape potential. Better in lane harrass thanks to Windrun and Power Shot. Better depush, and better push/better damage steroid. (Since you removed her best ability...).

I just don't see when I'd want to pick her over other heroes with these changes? At least current Drow Ranger has a defined niche that she is good in.

Sorry if I've sounded overly critical.

Do you have any suggestions, then? I mean, drow's mid-game is pretty bad unless all your allies complement you and your late-game is also pretty trash unless you've been snowballing hard. So I was thinking that maybe I could buff her mid-game so it is easier to snowbal late-game, but if she doesn't snowball, her late-game would be even worse.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » March 12, 2015 12:48am | Report
Just generally less stand in one place and right click.

I mean, honestly. She doesn't even have the ridiculous range of sniper. She's basically a really strange, weaker sniper. I would argue that Gust needs to push your enemy back much farther, as otherwise at the moment it is not at all enough to prevent any gap closer from just flying into your face and annihilating you.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 12, 2015 12:59am | Report
Think the problem is that there needs to be 'noob' heroes for the beginners to play. If I started playing DotA and everyone was like Meepo I'd quite the game instantly. (Over-exaggerated, but you get the point).

Maybe take the Marksmanship idea (that she deals less damage when people get close) and apply it to all her skills?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » March 12, 2015 1:02am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Think the problem is that there needs to be 'noob' heroes for the beginners to play. If I started playing DotA and everyone was like Meepo I'd quite the game instantly. (Over-exaggerated, but you get the point).

Maybe take the Marksmanship idea (that she deals less damage when people get close) and apply it to all her skills?

Then we have to buff everything else.

I understand there need to be noob heroes, but at least make these heroes not terrible?

Or at least fun; I find her to be one the most boring heroes in the game.

EDIT: Like Wraith King. He's easy (enough). He's simple. He's a great hero for noobs. And he's (more) fun. He's not my favorite, but he certainly gets the job done.

Damn. I remember when I first tried DotA and didn't like it. I remember Skeleton King. And I will never forget.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 12, 2015 6:37am | Report
I think your Drow is pretty underpowered Pory...you removed precision aura which is currently the only reason why she's picked in the first place, to replace it with a skill that lets her move through trees for a very short duration and nothing else. AND you nerfed her ult (why??).

Moving through trees isn't good enough of a skill. Firefly, Spectral Dagger or Arctic Burn do the same free pathing but they also give lots of other things. You need her skill to do something better. Besides IMO you can't remove her aura xD

The idea of giving Drow a way to initiate though trees is pretty good so keep it. But pls buff the skill and the hero she's horribly weak right now.

Am I the only one who thinks the current Drow Ranger is fine as she is?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 12, 2015 6:39am | Report
she is oke.

She don't do well against meta picks (axe, troll, jugger).

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 12, 2015 6:50am | Report
I know Drow is a good hero in certain situations, but she is just so booooooring. I wanted to spice things up a little with the rework, but apparently I only made her underpowered :(.

I'll work on increasing the viability of this reworked Drow immediately.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved