Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Archon the Overlord

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Archon the Overlord 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 11, 2014 7:58pm | Report

Archon The Overlord

Okay, here is my fifth hero idea for the spawnfest! (Probably the last one if it all comes too fast). Okay, this hero is meant to revolves around his Deflection skill that acts similar like Spiked Carapace, but presses more on the user's skill because it only allow for 0.2 seconds duration. This hero is meant to rely on player skill and is played as a durable carry, especially with all of his skills that scale greatly into late game (except probably Rigid Strike, still it gives great usage in late game). So yeah, enjoy!

Lore

Born as a noble of the high elf, Archon has tasted the many luxuries of life, however, never once was he satisfied. One night, he felt a calling to become a druid, and thus he left his fortunes and to the forest he went. For decades Archon did't speak to anyone but the elements of the forest, to deeply apprehend the meaning and voice of the flickering flame, the unmoving rocks, the movement of gale and the flow of water. Before he noticed it, he understood how the elements work, and now he is the one capable to be like the elements.

One day, Archon grew tired of watching the elements. Thinking that he has nothing else to learn from the elements, he went out from the forest and wanders to find his true worth. With a dagger in his arm and a runic gauntlet in the other, he went and challenges every single Elven Lord he has ever heard, the title given to the strongest of the fighter and magician of the high elves.

After his hundredth victory, he knew that he is much stronger than those they call lords, and to further increase his power he knew that he what he needed was to join into the greatest war and test his might. To the blaze of the Great War he went, with the might of the elements in the mortal form. He knows the dangers his enemies are going to face, and he weeps for weeks. He weeps for he knows the fate of his enemies. He weeps for he knows the one that is coming after them is not a simple man, nor a lord, but the Overlord.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Agility
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Durable, Disabler

Str: 77 at 25 (21 + 2.3/level)
Agi: 85 at 25 (23 + 2.6/level)
Int: 71 at 25 (21 + 2.1/level)

Health: 1613 at 25
MP: 923 at 25
Armor: 16 (4 base armor + 12) at 25
Movement: 310
Range: 150 (Melee)

Skills

[Q] Gale Body: Archon shifts his essence to be like the moving wind, furious and quick. Using this skill grants him extra movement/attack speed and instantly blink and slash the enemy that attacks him every time he deflects an attack or spell with Deflection. Enemy that is hit by this effect gets his/her movement speed slowed for 3 seconds.

- 12% bonus attack speed. 15% slow
- 18% bonus attack speed. 20% slow
- 24% bonus attack speed. 25% slow
- 30% bonus attack speed. 30% slow

Type: Toggle
Affect: Self
Damage: Physical

Movement Speed Bonus: 20%
MP Cost: 30(Initial) 20 (Per second)
Cool Down: 4 seconds

Like the raging gale; quick and deadly

[] Rigid Strike: The Overlord focuses his dagger like the rigidness of a rock, bashing his target every few seconds for a bonus damage and duration of stun. This skill's cooldown is refreshed whenever Archon succeeded in deflecting an attack or magic with Deflection. This skill doesn't stack with Skull Basher and Abyssal Blade

- Every 12 seconds, 40 bonus damage and 0.7 second bash
- Every 10 seconds, 60 bonus damage and 0.8 second bash
- Every 8 seconds, 80 bonus damage and 0.9 second bash
- Every 6 seconds, 100 bonus damage and 1 second bash

Type: Passive
Affect: Enemies units
Refresh cool down: 1 second

When the Overlord focuses his blade, he can deliver the might of a great rock

[E] Deflection: The Overlord has gone through many battles against many kind of fighting styles, allowing him to deflect both magical and physical attacks alike, just like a blazing flame that burns those that touches it. Using this skill deflect the first damage Archon receives within duration along with the effects to a random enemy unit within 450 range radius. Archon doesn't receive any damage or effect if this skill is successful.

- 50 MP cost, 3 seconds cool down
- 40 MP cost, 2.6 seconds cool down
- 30 MP cost, 2.3 seconds cool down
- 20 MP cost, 2 seconds cool down

Type: No Target
Affect: Enemy units
Duration: 0.2 seconds

The flame burns those who dare oppose him, much alike to the Overlord

[] Flowing Slash: The Overlord has learned that the flowing blade is the most dangerous kind of slash. Whenever Archon triggers an effect from his skills, his next attack will attack all units within a circular radius from him. The damage of secondary targets and initial damage are the same and receives bonus damage based on the level of flowing slash. This effect only last for 1 attack and have all attack modifiers applied to secondary targets (Rigid Strike stun stuns all units hit.) Activating Gale Body, stunning with Rigid Strike or successfully deflecting with Deflection counts as triggers.

- 250 radius, 150% damage
- 300 radius, 175% damage
- 350 radius, 200% damage

Type: Passive
Affects: Self
Slash Cool Down: 0.5/0.3/0.1 seconds

A flowing water is the most beautiful kind of water, and is also the most inspiring element for Archon
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 12, 2014 1:44am | Report
This hero idea is really awesome, and all of his skills have great synergy with each other. The lore is also the best I've seen from all your hero ideas :).

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 12, 2014 8:34am | Report
How is the Q toggle? I'm cunfuzzled.

Great lore, as has been said. And PLEASE DON"T STOP THE SPAWNFEST

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 12, 2014 10:11am | Report
Thanks guys, highly appreciated :D
Why is the lore good according to you?
If possible I might like to improve on writing lore :p

@Sofa: Q is toggle similar to Armlet of Mordiggian, that if it's activated it drains MP, but gives move/attack speed to him. The cooldown is like how Chakram also has cooldown. What is it that makes you confused?

Well it's bound to stop soon anyway since my ideas are almost all here (well, not really that soon, still around 5?) However, if my name is all that's seen in the hero/item ideas I'll just post them in slower pace (like I normally do)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 12, 2014 10:12am | Report
I was just cunfuzzled about the blinking part... How do you control when you blink or not?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 12, 2014 10:16am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

I was just cunfuzzled about the blinking part... How do you control when you blink or not?

Ohh, well, it's automatic (whenever the Deflection activates) and is uncontrollable (blink to the damage source). This is why I make the skill toggle so that the player can control when he needs to blink to the target.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 12, 2014 10:20am | Report
Sooo... you can be running away and 'accidentally' blink to your enemies? That would not be fun.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 12, 2014 10:23am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Sooo... you can be running away and 'accidentally' blink to your enemies? That would not be fun.

Welll... supposedly you can't. I mean, you will only blink IF you successfully deflect. If you do not use Deflection you will NOT blink at all even if you activate his Q.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 12, 2014 3:29pm | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Thanks guys, highly appreciated :D
Why is the lore good according to you?
If possible I might like to improve on writing lore :p

Well, you used a more substantial serving of vocabulary this time, and there were also fewer grammatical errors :3.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 12, 2014 4:46pm | Report
nice hero dude :) liking the lore and if you need any help with improving with your lore writing, i have a few tips that will help you.

i like his ulti the most by the way :D will make for fun team fights haha.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved