Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need criticism

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Need criticism 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyle The Great » August 3, 2014 2:10am | Report
Can i take some of your precious time to look upon my "noobness".

Heres my profile
http://dotabuff.com/players/149642294

Any Criticism is welcome

Kyle The Great

Notable (2)
Steam: ♣ ♥ Kyle_The_Great ♥ ♣
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 3, 2014 2:44am | Report
Regarding your jug play, an early point into stats is helpful to let you chain Blade Fury and Omnislash together. An early point in healing ward is also helpful. I dont like sny jug just saying. Your Meepo seems pretty legit based on what I can see with build. Your troll build also seems pretty legit but again, I dont like sny. Note that this advice was given purely based on what I can see from dotabuff, which means itembuild, skillbuild, and winrates. I did not watch any replays or review any games in detail.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 3, 2014 3:02am | Report
Could you be more specific?

It's hard to get any idea of what needs improvement without watching replays, and I'm not sure what it is in particular that you're trying to improve.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyle The Great » August 3, 2014 3:05am | Report

Regarding your jug play, an early point into stats is helpful to let you chain Blade Fury and Omnislash together. An early point in healing ward is also helpful. I dont like sny jug just saying. Your Meepo seems pretty legit based on what I can see with build. Your troll build also seems pretty legit but again, I dont like sny. Note that this advice was given purely based on what I can see from dotabuff, which means itembuild, skillbuild, and winrates. I did not watch any replays or review any games in detail.

Regarding your regarding to my Jugg play, i usually rush an aghanims scepter so i buy a Point Booster after Phase Boots for the mana problem

Kyle The Great

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyle The Great » August 3, 2014 3:08am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Could you be more specific?

It's hard to get any idea of what needs improvement without watching replays, and I'm not sure what it is in particular that you're trying to improve.

You cant see my replays? o.O how do i solve this problem?

Please teach me ohh facial haired one

Kyle The Great

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » August 3, 2014 3:12am | Report
I wouldn't myself build Mjollnir or Maelstrom troll because you have two skills that boost your attack speed a lot, but that's only my opinion.
ALso i don't know why you would buy a Shadow Blade on him.
I would recommend Black King Bar just because of the active that makes you magic immune and Crystalys/ Daedalus for that nice crit.

EDIT: Phase Boots are also nice 'cause they let you chase heroes more easily and boost your damage nicely in the early/mid game.
What comes to the skill build you should level your whirling axes earlier because of that nice miss change and slow. I like maxing Whirling axes first then Fervor and Berserker's Rage as a last one.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyle The Great » August 3, 2014 3:17am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

I wouldn't myself build Mjollnir or Maelstrom troll because you have two skills that boost your attack speed a lot, but that's only my opinion.
I would recommend Black King Bar just because of the active that makes you magic immune and Crystalys/ Daedalus for that nice crit.

I build Mjollnir on troll to increase his AS and also his farming. I use Shadow Blade mostly as an initiating item than a escape. i also tend to not build Black King Bar because im a pub-crawler, most players in pub wont get "skill heroes" and tend to go for right-clickers

Kyle The Great

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 3, 2014 3:22am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

EDIT: Phase Boots are also nice 'cause they let you chase heroes more easily and boost your damage nicely in the early/mid game.
What comes to the skill build you should level your whirling axes earlier because of that nice miss change and slow. I like maxing Whirling axes first then Fervor and Berserker's Rage as a last one.

Trick is, Troll has a ****load of AS, and with that AS+ Mjollnir he can proc lightnings quite often. MKB is also an option because of that, perma-stun is good and funny.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » August 3, 2014 6:07am | Report

I build Mjollnir on troll to increase his AS and also his farming. I use Shadow Blade mostly as an initiating item than a escape. i also tend to not build Black King Bar because im a pub-crawler, most players in pub wont get "skill heroes" and tend to go for right-clickers

If you want initiation item then get Blink Dagger - it's much cheaper and generally better than SB.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 3, 2014 9:10am | Report

You cant see my replays? o.O how do i solve this problem?

Please teach me ohh facial haired one

No, it's fine, I can see the replays I want since I can get the Match IDs from your DOTABuff profile, I juts meant that I'm not going to sit down and watch ALL of them! X{D
ElDiablo wrote:

This ^ although, as has been pointed out, 1,000,000 Lightning Procs is usually good to have in a Teamfight/Push, so I'd definitely go as far as the Maelstrom (personally though, I am a fan of FATA style Mek Troll 8{D ).

Skipping Black King Bar is fine if they have absolutely nothing that can stop you though, which actually happens in low level Pubs.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved