Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mechanics of Silence

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Mechanics of Silence 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by yoda31 » April 21, 2014 7:14pm | Report
I've played dota for some time but I feel it's worth knowing exactly how silence works. See who can answer my silence questions

1. If juggernaut uses blade fury to make himself magic immune, will AOE silences such as death prophet or drow silence him

2. Can heroes use items such as shadow blade or scythe of vyse?

3. What about right click toggles such as frost arrow or searing arrow?

4. Can you use Omni's repel or Abbadon's shield on an ally who is silenced to unsilence?

yoda31

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 21, 2014 10:02pm | Report
1. No
2. Yes
3. Wont work
4. Yes
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by This_name_is_taken » April 21, 2014 11:24pm | Report
In your questions, you are confusing silences and mutes.

Silences only stop hero abilities and are limited to some passives. for instance, drows silence stops a hero from casting any of his spells, but he can still use all of his item abilities.
You can research which heroes passives can go through silence, I stand under correction, but i believe that Bloodseekers and axes passives can go through silences.

A mute, is like a silence, except it silences a hero completely. they cant use spells, item abilities, and in some cases, cant even attack. for instance, Dooms Doom, Legions Dual and naga sirens net.

in terms of silence being negated, Jug cannot be stopped in his ult unless you can blink(only if your AM, blink dagger needs to cool down cause the damage caused it to reset) or unless you can go invisible. pumping bkb wont make him stop, it will make him stop the jump to you.

Hope this helped you out mate.

This_name_is_taken

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by yoda31 » April 22, 2014 4:08pm | Report
I remember a game awhile back when Void lands a stun on jug while he is spinning. I saw the jug stop spinning for 1 second and then resume his spin. I suppose that's an example of a passive which goes through magic immunity.

I'm curious if a Chronosphere would stop a Juggernaut during his ult, or would he keep slashing away during the Chrono. Based on what you said, Jug would continue his slashes.

yoda31

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 22, 2014 4:24pm | Report
Void's bash goes through magic immunity, so it will pierce juggers magic immune spin.

Chronospere will stop ANYTHING, since it pauses time. Juggernaut will jus be standing there in his spinning stance but he wont do any damage becouse he doesnt actually move.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 22, 2014 4:43pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Void's bash goes through magic immunity, so it will pierce juggers magic immune spin.

Chronospere will stop ANYTHING, since it pauses time. Juggernaut will jus be standing there in his spinning stance but he wont do any damage becouse he doesnt actually move.

Juggs spin gets stoped, but from what i hear you if you are outside of the Chrono, you can use omnislash and still do your thing

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » April 22, 2014 5:05pm | Report
Naga's net isnt a mute, its an entangle.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 22, 2014 6:10pm | Report
There are only 2 mutes in game, Doom and Duel, with doom blocking more items/passives than duel. Mutes block both abilities and items and go through magic immunity.

Silences block only abilities and usually can be worn off with Black King Bar, Linken's Sphere or Manta Style.

Hexes do same thing as mutes + reduce hero movement speed and don't allow you to attack. However they don't go through magic immunity.

Magic immunity blocks all magic damage and most but not all side effects like Reverse Polarity stun or Enfeeble. Does NOT block bashes (stuns from melee attacks) and physical damage abilities like Shadow Wave.

Linken's Sphere blocks single targeted items and abilities like Dagon or Doom.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 22, 2014 10:39pm | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

There are only 2 mutes in game, Doom and Duel, with doom blocking more items/passives than duel. Mutes block both abilities and items and go through magic immunity.

Silences block only abilities and usually can be worn off with Black King Bar, Linken's Sphere or Manta Style.

Hexes do same thing as mutes + reduce hero movement speed and don't allow you to attack. However they don't go through magic immunity.

Magic immunity blocks all magic damage and most but not all side effects like Reverse Polarity stun or Enfeeble. Does NOT block bashes (stuns from melee attacks) and physical damage abilities like Shadow Wave.

Linken's Sphere blocks single targeted items and abilities like Dagon or Doom.

Also Disruptor ulty with Ags will become a mute.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 23, 2014 1:09am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Also Disruptor ulty with Ags will become a mute.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't go through magic immunity if you activate BKB before it.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved