Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Landing the perfect blackhole

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Landing the perfect blackhole 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BHOUSXZ » July 18, 2014 6:20am | Report
Any tips on how to land the perfect black hole

BHOUSXZ

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 18, 2014 6:28am | Report
Hm, I don't play Enigma, so I may not be that great at answering this, but from what I've seen, try and catch as many people as possible. Since blackhole is channeled (i think?) you want to make sure enemies who have disables are caught in the hole (unless you have bkb- black king bar) Using this in combination with heroes who have good AoE damage is good too. If you can, try to come up behind enemies or surprise them with an invisibility rune or something, as enemies will try to spread out to avoid the hole if they know it is coming. Hope this kind-of helped :)

EDIT: Positioning is also key, it's one of these abilities that can be easily messed up. Force staff or more helpful, blink dagger can help for positioning.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 18, 2014 6:39am | Report
step 1. get a blink daggar

step 2. be very very patient

step 3. wait until your enimes are moving through a narrow passage (rosh pit, the stairs next to rosh, around a tower, pushing up high ground)

step 4. blink on them and drop Black Hole!

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » July 18, 2014 6:45am | Report
It would be helpful if your teammate would pick a hero that is your profile picture, OP. Honestly, Dark Seer can prepare enemy team perfectly for the Black Hole thanks to his Vacuum. Reverse Polarity is even better, but it has longer cooldown and if Magnus will be unsuccesful with his ult, teammates will hate him.

Basically mobility items are a must. Blink Dagger is the best, because you teleport instantly, it has better range and lower cooldown than Force Staff. Being protected from most stuns with Black King Bar is also very important, because it's very unlikely that you will catch 5 enemies into 1 Black Hole.

Sometimes it is better wait for the opportunity than waste your precious ultimate as Enigma. Remember not to move or click Stop command, because it will break the channeling of Black Hole. It is better to catch heroes that can stun you even if you have Black King Bar like Bane or Abyssal Blade carries.

Enigma is one of the hardest hero to play in Dota. He requires micro-management, great postitioning, map awareness, farming ability, being familiar with jungle/woods/forest, timing, and also knowledge about game. I am not saying that you shouldn't play Enigma at all if you are new to Dota, but you can be surprised that someone will stop your Black Hole even if you bought an expensive Black King Bar. Read about that item and read about your ultimate.

If you will manage to put Midnight Pulse before Black Hole on the same area you will deal massive percentage based damage. Remember that the closer enemies are to the Black Hole, the bigger amount of damage they will receive.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 18, 2014 6:54am | Report
1. Get some iteemz - Blink Dagger, Black King Bar, Aghanim's Scepter, Refresher Orb.
2. Find your target.
3. Send your Crystal Maiden to push the lane.
4. Wait for enemies to come.
5. Blink in > put Midnight Pulse > cast Black Hole.
6. Write "ez" on all chat.

Keep in mind that ultimates like Black Hole or Reverse Polarity are generally better at counter initiation, just because their AoE isn't too big and you can catch more targets that way. Just ask your team to go in or send a bait, and if enemies stack around them then you can go in and rape.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » July 18, 2014 7:49am | Report
1) Have blink and BKB

2) Wait until enemies are stacked on top of each other. You want to be within blink range but also in a position where the enemy will not be able to disable your blink (in the fog or out of range).

3) Activate BKB

4) Blink into crowd of enemies

5) Cast blackhole

In all seriousness though, what you're asking is almost 100% dependent on good positioning, and that's not something that can be taught over an Internet forum.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 18, 2014 8:20am | Report
Yeah a Blink Dagger really, really helps, as does a Black King Bar - getting stunned out of a really good Black Hole sucks. Be aware of heroes with BKB busting stuns and heroes like Rubick who can steal it.

Generally you want to wait for the enemy team to group up - at lower levels they will anyway, at higher levels you may have to wait (ideally hidden) nearby for your moment, often counter-initiating rather than going in first. Don't rush it, pick your timing carefully.

The other big tip is to make sure your team are available to do damage - even a 5 man Black Hole is useless if your team aren't there to take advantage of it.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » July 18, 2014 8:41am | Report
Blink Dagger and BKB are pretty much core on you as Enigma. Linkens Sphere is also worth noting if there is a Bane, Doom, or Abyssal Blade on the other team.

I almost always try to have my Blink Dagger by the time I leave the jungle and start helping lanes. You farm ridiculously fast as Enigma in the woods, and if you just focus on getting gold, you can have it in no time.

I start with a Ring of Basilius and a couple of clarities, then basically farm straight to Blink. If I think I'll have to go help the nearest lane, I buy some brown boots too, but usually I rush the Blink Dagger. After that I just start building BKB, buying wards/dust/etc when needed. I normally leave my boots as plain brown until I can afford BOTs.

If you have mana problems/find yourself helping lanes a lot, get a Soul Ring. In fact, I usually buy it just to make sure I'm never in the jungle without mana to use my W.

Memorize places where enemies tend to stack up on the map (Roshan, before towers) and get used to being in the right place to catch as many as possible. It also helps to have teammates like Naga Siren or Tidehunter who can do the actual initiating for you so you just go in and clean up.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » July 18, 2014 9:36pm | Report
Blink Dagger and Black King Bar are your core items for Enigma. Pop BKB, Blink in, Drop Midnight Pulse first for major damage, then throw down the Black Hole

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 19, 2014 2:22pm | Report
By the time you drop Midnight Pulse They already silenced/stunned you. It's like Brewmaster casting Thunder Clap before Split.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved